SS or Greyskull for noobgains?

SS or Greyskull for noobgains?

Grayskull has a funner balance of exercises IMO. I've been doing it for 2 and a half months and making some good strength gains, pretty sure I'm slightly bigger too.

I also favor GS

unnecessary accessories in that version. try this for your next routine.

Thanks a lot

Also, does "progress" mean increasing weight every week or every workout?

every cycle, meaning every workout. since this is microplate progression, it has to be consistent and constantly increasing.

Every workout of course. As a noob you can add weight on every workout.
Also don't listen to this reddit shill.
>deloading every time you fail a rep on your last set

deloading rule doesn't make those accessories any less pointless or shit.

you can easily remove the deloading rule on phrak's variantif you aren't a believer in law of supercompensation.

I'm the one who posted that first version. Perhaps it goes against the program, but I try and add weight whenever I can. This can mean every workout, every week, or sometimes I'll just be doing a set and think 'nah I can do a kilo more' and I'll put it on. My gym isn't great so I had to buy my own microplates as the lightest there were 1.25 kg. If your gym doesn't have 0.5kg plates, I really recommend buying some, works well for getting in as much progression as you can.

Understood, thanks again
Although I will go with Phrak's variant, I will change the deload rule from final to first set

Without the accessories you're almost doing SS. GS allows you to do accessories so you can look more juicy.
Just because you can't handle a few curls doesn't mean OP can't.

good man. that deloading rule was one of phrak's rare fuckups, not sure what he was thinking back in the day when he made that variant; i cut the rule out completely in the end.

Oh looks like OP can't handle the curls.

>almost doing SS
>entire day devoted to hypertrophy via AMRAP workouts

ok buddy boy, whatever you say.

again it's the Veeky Forumsedition poster here , I agree with this. The curls are fun and I have wide hips so I want to increase shoulder width if possible, so I like the lateral raises. Just do whatever accessories suit you, I've been doing farmer's walks for grip and apparently core/traps too, they're good

just ignore the deloading rule entirely if you're more comfortable with that, although is being an absolute cunt in arguing for his case, accessories can help in situations where you feel you have to play catchup with some of your underdeveloped areas.

phrak's is more useful for new lifters and DYELs because it provides a better base to work from, you're not spending valuable noob gains in developing muscular imbalances in areas that don't matter for compound lifts. i agree the Veeky Forums version was more fun, but the accessories really are there just to 'sell' the workout to DYELs

Dude I love curls, but I gotta pick something one, right?
I know practically nothing about lifting, that's why I came here seeking advice in the first place

alright, thank you so much and everyone in this thread

don't forget this is just """advice""" from anons on a Southern Indonesian spice trading board. focus on what workouts work for you - you add the accessories if you want, but don't overtrain.

and remember to EAT.

fitloop all the way

When youre a cunt you get your (You)'s