Liberty

What did the Founders mean when they said liberty?

I'm 98% sure they didn't plan on people cutting their dicks off so I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what that word meant at the time.

Basically they didn't want the English or any nobleman telling them what to do. They didn't really care that much about human rights for the lower classes or anything like that.

The Federalist Papers get into this.

so freedom to self govern?

I don't want to cut my dick off, but if someone else does it's none of my business. Transition is a human right.

What if someone wants to cut their arm off?

Does a king demand the right to do it? Then a citizen can do it.

And they definitely did mean access to medical treatments.

>OP thinks you can force men to be women by dressing them as women for long enough

They have a right to do so, it's their body. It's a retarded decision, but what do you want to do about it - ban knives/swords/anything else that can possibly be used to cut off your own arm?

>anything I don't like isn't liberty
What the founders meant was that if someone wants to chop off their dick and parade around like a woman, the government won't do anything to stop them.

It also means that if a bunch of people want to shun the random imbecile who parades around in a Nazi uniform shouting slogans of the historic enemy of their nation, the government won't do anything to stop them

At least you're consistent with your troll.

As for what you do, you lock them up in a mental facility, that's what you do.

They meant a multicultural progressive society where white males get shit on constantly for being patriarchal oppressive racist bigot whomst should all be killed

>force men to be women
fucking what? I'm on the other side of that argument.

Life in a mental facility sounds a lot worse than life with only one arm desu. Also it won't stop them, it'll just lead them to shut up and say nothing about it until they do it.

sounds like a good alternative to suicide

And if the desire to chop their dick off isn't some bs and is actually a mental health problem?

(you)

>And if the desire to chop their dick off isn't some bs and is actually a mental health problem?

It's not, but even if it were, that would be a public health issue to be solved with investments in mental health institutions, not by infringing upon their inalienable right to self-expression just because you, the self-appointed arbiter of public morality, decided that you didn't like it.

?

You think that if you force a transman or transwoman to pretend to be a woman or man they will become a woman or man. Trans advocates think they need medical treatment.

I don't care what they do with their bodies but I ain't paying taxes to pay for their 100k muh feels operations

Liberty consists of doing anything which does not harm others: thus, the exercise of the natural rights of each man has only those borders which assure other members of the society the fruition of these same rights. These borders can be determined only by the law.

It means negative liberty (i.e. classical liberalism and individualism)

They were opposed to authoritarianism and collecitivism.

Couldn't have been that opposed to collectivism because the formed a collective to fight the British and form the United States

The protection of rights by the Government that were given to you by God.

>Liberty consists of doing anything which does not harm others

Define harm

this nigga gets it

>preach about the importance of liberty
>own slaves

What level of mental gymnastics did this require?

niggers aren't human

define liberty. That's what this whole thread is about.

Is it freedom of choice? What does that even mean, especially in a world where your options are often presented to you through means outside of your control?

As far as the founding fathers go, they were a bunch of scoundrels who didn't want to pay there taxes.

Some people only care about their own liberty, and not the liberty of anyone else

No, they literally just thought of them as cattle. They weren't humans to them. That's where the term the "human race" comes from. It mean European whites originally.

Not him, but they should have the right to do it. I just shouldn't have to facilitate it. However you choose to mutilate your body has nothing to do with me and I want nothing to do with it

>founders liberty
expansion, expression, evolution

instead you have obediant unquestioning "citizens", stagnant

Daily reminder that Evola was right and freedom is a spook.

You'd like this

That wasn't the argument. Their argument was that slavery sucked, but Africans were poor, backwards savages and slavery civilized them. And they would be all be freed anyway when the time was right, so the human cost was worth it. It was all bullshit, since slave owners as a whole (some actually did put their money where their mouth was and free their slaves after the revolution) would always make excuses to keep the institution alive and continue treating Black people like shit so long as it was profitable. A tradition that continued all the way to the civil war.

It's just a shame some overly zealous actor killed Lincoln before he could ship them back home...

They meant a lot of things. Alexander Hamilton, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison were four men who were critically important to the creation of the United States as we know it, and each one had wildly different views about society, good government, what aspects of freedom were most valuable, and so on. Not to mention most of them hated each other's fucking guts. Now remember that the Declaration of Independence had 56 people sign it, and the US Constitution had 55 people frame it. That's a lot of butting heads.

That's job of the legislators that are voted into office by the people.

>That's job of the legislators that are voted into office by the people.

*votes legislators that believe pot turns people into psychotic murders into office*

Nothing personnel, kiddo

Then that's the people's idea of harm at that place and time, dumb frog poster.

>pick from our vetted list of candidates, citizen