Anyone here have experience with Fat Gripz? Pic related

Anyone here have experience with Fat Gripz? Pic related.

I've read good things online but I'm unsure how much of it is just shilling.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bTqNSgCmM2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do these things actually make my grip better for regular bars or am I just gonna get better at holding fat ones?

how could they possibly fuck it up?

as long as it isn't too squishy it's basic physics and should serve its purpose

Or you can save yourself the money and just wrap a gym towel around the bar. That way you can adjust how much thickness you want as you progress.

She used fat grips with squats and got this ass in 2 hours

>Or you can save yourself the money and just wrap a gym towel around the bar
Except no, because a towel isn't solid and it moves
Fat grips are generally inferior to just using an axle, but if you don't have an axle they're fine. Expect a kick in the teeth in terms of weight though, I can only just double overhand 3pl8 using them

how much are these?

Fat Gripz is nice but this is also true. Feel free to try this method out if you are unsure if they'll work.

Fat Gripz do feel more stable than the towel method though.

At the same time, you're practically guaranteed not to be able to get callouses using towels.

Just hang a towel over the bar you stupid fucks.

I don't understand what's wrong with just holding a bar normally

And I don't mean wrap it for thickness, I mean hang it like a rope and squeeze the two ends of the towel to hold yourself up as you do your pull-ups.

Fat grips basically simulate training with an axle (aka 'fat bar'), it engages your forearms more.

I have to agree with a towel sounds like a good way towards injury.

Would you recommend them to a beginner? I'm guessing you'd need to have a certain fitness level to use a thicker bar.

complete idiocy, just deadlift more often or use a fat bar.

Making your grip more open strengthens your forearms and builds more grip strength.

My gym doesn't have a thicker bar unfortunately, that's why I was thinking of using these to work my forearms better.

They're like $30-$40

Regular, they basically just make it so you have to use more of your forearms

do they help prevent callouses? I get them really bad from deadlifts

you shouldn't get them that bad from anything if you are gripping the bar correctly

youtube.com/watch?v=bTqNSgCmM2s

Why would you want to prevent callouses? Does your bf miss the velvety hand jobs you used to give before you started lifting?

>tfw crossfit girls are hot but their hands all look like this

No I work construction and get them really bad, there have been times where they bleed and I can't lift for a couple days

Well in that case wear better working gloves and use more coco butter than Jamal.

Its what they get for using their palm not the fingers to hold the bar.

Those aren't callouses. Those are burst blisters probably caused by doing three hundred kipping, swinging-ass pulls ups because they can't do any strict ones.

desu just use more weight instead of spending money on these, you save money and get stronger in the process

I've had them for 20 yrs.
I only use them on dumbells. I just like them because I have large hands.

kek I actually have a coworker named Jamal

It's fine for its purposes, however, it doesn't beat a regular rubber ball in my humble opinion.

Well then if you forget your coco butter you can ask to use his.

Some guy with insanely big forearms just brings a regular car washing sponge and grips the dumbell with it when he does curls, tricep extensions , 1 arm skullcrushers the lot

Meme shit for blind condumerists that are too pussy to double overhand deadlift

Most fitness products can be imitated by something that costs a fraction of the price. Like those fucking "altitude masks" that make you look like Bane. Just get a soda straw, cut it down to a few inches, and breathe through that. It won't make you look any MORE retarded than wearing the mask.

Woah I had no idea these existed or that bare bar lifting could be a problem

>Would you recommend them to a beginner
Eh, if your grip is a particular weak point then you can use them.
>I'm guessing you'd need to have a certain fitness level to use a thicker bar
Not really, but they are pretty tough to get used to. An axle is not only thicker, the lack of sleeves means that the spin of the plates is transferred to your hands, which makes cleans quite a bit tougher.

>Just get a soda straw, cut it down to a few inches, and breathe through that
That doesn't work either. Making it harder to breathe doesn't replicate altitude training at all.
Double overhand deadlifts with fat grips or an axle are much (much) harder than double overhand deadlifting with a normal bar.
To put it into perspective, the world record double overhand axle deadlift is 240kg. 180kg is properly elite.

Using them would probably help with callouses, but you won't be able to lift as much weight, especially on deadlifts

>Using them would probably help with callouses
Nope, I've torn callouses on axle bars a couple of times.
>but you won't be able to lift as much weight, especially on deadlifts
Overhand yes, mixed grip probably not. Depends if your grip is a limiting factor for your max deads

I meant it would help as I assume the softer material would be less harsh on your hands than metal. Less about the size and more about how it feels

These things are meant to work your grip rather than make it a comfortable hold. You should probably look into gloves for work and/or the gym