Is there anyone alive today that could be killed and FUCK everything up?

>Julius Caesar
>Franz Ferdinand
>

Imagine the global hysteria if Trump actually gets killed. It'll probably make 9/11 look like a random school-shooting that happens every week in burgerland.

The villain never dies in real life user

american presidents have been the only people this important for the past 50 years or so. And even then its not always that important. Kennedy was most important guy in the world at the time, nothing too huge happened

>Trump dies of illness

Half the country mourns, half the country celebrates, then shit goes back to normal after a week or two with President Pence

>Trump gets assassinated by disillusioned right-wingers

Far/Alt-Right and Republican Party in general fragment, meaning Democrats will likely take the White House in 2020.

>Trump gets assassinated by left-wingers

Far/Alt-Right uses this as a pretext to start carrying out vigilante murders of leftists. Leftists retaliate in kind. Civil War by the end of the month.

>Trump is removed from office via impeachment

Also Civil War by the end of the month

TL;DR Trump's keeping the right-wing relatively placated even in the face of cultural upheaval is the only thing stopping a Civil War right now.

Oof

>Thinking a civil war in 21st century America is remotely possible

>told us to live in harmony
>MALCOM X

>thinking the Americans public's warped perception of war combined with political polarization and the fact we haven't had major one take place on our soil in 150 years hasn't made us all exceedingly trigger-happy

Plebs with guns are a nuisance rather than an actual threat (like the rise of paramilitary organizations or part of the army defecting, both them highly unlikely scenarios)

George Carlin was a pseudo intellectual faggot

Given that the political divides in the modern US aren't tied to regional identity, a civil war is hard to imagine. For example, Texas is a conservative state overall, but its big cities are clearly liberal. There's no way for the two sides to split into coherent blocs of territory.

It's ironic that progressives will always be the first to criticize you for seeing everything at face value, but anything with a peace sign slapped onto it is automatically virtuous to them.

No. Today it would be about who makes the killing.

Kennedy got slayed and 50 years later all we have to show for it are endless pop culture references
In the history books the big assassinations are always followed by tangible reprocussions.
>what happened when caesar died?
>rome as we knew it died
>what happened ferdinand died?
>the great war
>what happened when JFK was assassinated?
>the dead kennedys found a band name
>a bunch of people asked "where were you when jfk was assassinated"
>i saw my om cry in the kitchen

interesting take
regardless, i think of ISIS. randoms in every state waving the "right wing" or "left wing" flags

Trump getting offed wouldn't be so bad. Let's get real, it's Pence running the show and Trump is just a regular Republican except for his trade policies, which aren't going to change because he staffed the Commerce Dept. with untouchable Reagan-era hawks. If he were to be killed it'd be a scandal but ultimately taken as another McKinley. Pence would assume control and be the President everyone remembers.

Really it's not so much a world leader as it is someone who is tied into everyone else. Franz Ferdinand was just another middle manager, but his assassination caused a larger machine (all the treaties behind him) to collapse. It's hard to think of a potential equivalent today, perhaps some Imam in Iraq, Egypt or Saudi Arabia that causes another war against Israel and the Strait of Hormuz being closed. That would precipitate a massive energy crisis that could potentially cause a world war to occur, or at least cause a massive realignment in global power if one party (say, America) decides not to intervene.

executive order 11110

Only Putin. Everyone else in any major country is insulated by layers of rotation and bureaucracy.

>ultimately taken as another McKinley.
I know what you're saying here but I get a hard chuckle imagining any of my normie-ass friends or millenial schoolchildren saying "Ah typical, it's McKinley all over again!"

Fuck me, I wish someone with a name and face like that were back in office.

Putin is just another oligarch. Worst case scenario is that Mendelev is pushed in, or someone else from the unity party steps in. Same for Xi in China, despite the shitshow these countries appear to be from the outside they're designed to handle leadership changes. In fact, it's their biggest flaw because it causes internal corruption and lethargy to go unchecked, resulting in shitty government policy.

By comparison, if Cuba's leader was shot it'd cause a civil war.

Thanks for explaining, but the principle is still the same. Most people couldn't tell you what happened. The most they get is a subtle culture shift, as opposed to the ground opening up beneath us.

GC wasn't an intellectual you brainlet he was a fucking comedian who made other brainlets think (hmmm)

Lel. Trump getting killed would have less impact than the JFK and Lincoln assassinations.

People would take it as another JFK, and LBJ's Presidency was only special because he chose not to run in 1968 (which caused the old Democratic coalition to melt down, allowing Nixon to make an easy comeback) because of Vietnam. This of course caused a major swing in American policy (and the global order) as Nixon and Kissenger came into power, both being friendly with China.

By comparison, Roosevelt went for two terms and is the one everyone remembers since he doubled down on the great white fleet and Pacific imperialism, things that were already happening even before McKinley was elected. Pence would likely do the same, since he's just another vanilla Republican and there is no issue comparable to Vietnam that would cause him to personally not want a second term. Which is to say, things wouldn't change much.

Neat, I'm learning...

I genuinely feel like a Trump assasination would cause some kind of kerfuffle as the alt right would absolutely riot

You're greatly overestimating /pol/'s intelligence. Pence would step in and "unite the right" (with neoconservatism) and make sure whoever shot Trump would get the death penalty. That's sufficient. They'd be able to rationalize it so long as liberals remained mad, especially if Pence moved to do something Trump wouldn't ever do: ban gay marriage in the United States.

>Plebs with guns are a nuisance rather than an actual threat

So long as they don't gathering in large enough numbers to challenge the US Military, have popular support, or start buying heavy weaponry from all those cartels the CIA uses to bring drugs in, sure.

>like the rise of paramilitary organizations or part of the army defecting, both them highly unlikely scenarios

I agree the whole "THE US MILITARY WILL TURN ON THE GOVERNMENT IF ORDERED TO ATTACK ITS OWN CITIZENS" meme is overused by conservatives. But in theory, all it would take is two commanding offers on a submarine armed with nuclear weapons deciding to change sides and we might all wake up one morning to see Washington DC and other military nerve centers be reduced to atomic ruin.

Unlikely? Yes. But the point is even one defector could have potentially enormous consequences.

It's definitely more rural vs urban than North vs South in modern times but that also makes a popular right-wing insurgency difficult to contain since they could spread to every state and they have the ability to lay siege to major cities with relative ease. And you don't need to completely seal off a city to starve it to death. The Germans managed to starve 1/3rd of the population of Leningrad to death by cutting off the railroad links to the city even though it was still supplied by a narrow corridor and by boat.

The "Alt-right" is not nearly as uniform, violent or a threat as you think it is. It's mostly white trash and edgy teenagers.

absolute delusion

>all it would take is two commanding offers on a submarine armed with nuclear weapons deciding to change sides
a 0% chance scenario, agree with

Not an argument

>a 0% chance scenario

Right now? Yes, 0% chance. In a country suffering a prolonged civil war and thousands are being killed daily, suddenly it starts to enter single digits range.

Also that's the missing the point. My point is that even one defector could have a potentially massive impact on the war depending on their previous position and individual talent. If it's not an officer on a nuclear sub, maybe it's an intelligence officer who's got the US Military's darkest secrets being kept on a hard drive, maybe it's a former Green Beret who's trained guerrilla fighters in the past and can turn them into a formidable fighting force.

I'll use another example. There were around 1,000 West Point graduates alive at the time of the Civil War, of which 259 joined the Confederacy. Those 259 made up the South's best officers and their skill is part of the reason the Confederacy managed to survive as long as it did. Without those 259 and their collective talent, the Confederacy in all likelihood would not have survived one year, let alone four.

Who's "we"?

>one defector
defect to whom? and why? submarine officers dont kill themselves, thats a nigger perogative. you live in fairy land go back to /r9k/

Bashar al-Assad
Maybe Erodgan
Kim jong Un
Putin
Maybe these? the middle east ones since it could end up in a proxy struggle between Russia and the US.
Kim Jong Un, seen as the traditionalist sects and reform sects might end up in a millitary struggle with either of them asking for assistance of China or Russia maybe even US or South Korean not neccasarily with them asking for it but just oppurtunism. Im not saying they would end North Korea, but change the regime and thats what the conflict would be about.
Then Putin, there could end up being a power struggle again or people could see it as a US plot, maybe Im not sure as I dont know much but usually when Leaders die who fuck shit up (bar the ones who die because of a specific circumstance i.e Franz Ferdinand) its because they hold a seat of power but dont have clear succesor.

If a Republican Senator was assassinated by some antifa type while Trump is in the White House, the fallout would be major.

Trump doesn't need to run anything for his death to have an incredible impact. He's a symbol for the right. We'd see a huge radicalization of the right and actual violence from right win groups that would dwarf Antifa backlash after Hillary's loss.

I think it's overly optimistic to assume that rural areas would have the population or capital to lay siege to cities. Urbanization levels in the US are just too high.

>Is there anyone alive today that could be killed and FUCK everything up?
Obama during his first term.

This pisses me off. I can understand all the other people named, but malcolm x? You could put the grand wizard of the KKK on the list too if you have criteria like this

Caesar was only the straw that broke the camel's back. Sulla or Marius would be the lynchpins imo.

>JFK

>Malcolm X
See this, this is white-guilt and the uninformed fetshizing of all blacks that so called "nihilist" redditors have.

>George Carlin

Holy fucking shit where are the literal redditors coming from?

Be honest, you came here in 2015?

I'm not saying it justifies his inclusion, but Malcolm X did have a serious ideological shift before he was killed. During that brief period he renounced a lot of the racist beliefs he previously held when he was with the Nation of Islam.

John Lennon wasn't exactly an angel either.

>blobs of control divided between different factions, some completely surrounding others

That's how most civil wars go. It's only really the American one that had such clearly defined areas entirely under control.

>Gandhi
>Malcom X
Come on Carlin.

2014 but before gamergate, by months

>Trump gets assassinated by left-wingers
>Far/Alt-Right uses this as a pretext to start carrying out vigilante murders of leftists. Leftists retaliate in kind. Civil War by the end of the month.
>Trump is removed from office via impeachment
>Also Civil War by the end of the month

Yeah, no.

An uprising =/= civil war.

>see a huge radicalization of the right and actual violence from right win groups
They already killed a person

Ew

As far as combatants? Sure, but as infiltrators and guerillas that know the lay of the land they can cause hell on the US by destroying infrastructure. A single dumbass with a rifle managed to bleed millions of dollars in oil by shooting up the pipeline in Alaska. Someone who know what he was doing could bankrupt the entire state singlehandedly and nobody would know what happened before he left.

Several parts of the US are very vulnerable to sabotage and it's only goodwill that keeps them from being shut down. That, and ME nimrods shipped in from the desert would rather target a flashy, high-profile/protected place like NY than receive the pleasure of disabling Wisconsin.

>Imagine the global hysteria if Trump actually gets killed. It'll probably make 9/11 look like a random school-shooting that happens every week in burgerland.

Some austists would go an a few mass spree shootings and that's it.

>We'd see a huge radicalization of the right and actual violence from right win groups
Lol it already happened years ago

>global hysteria
hysterical laughter maybe

What makes you think that? Pence, a competent politician, would be sworn in. /pol/ would go full retard but would be curtailed the moment Pence moved to ban gay marriage, a thing he wants to do and would do if Trump let him. The leftist asshurt over that would be incredible and make /pol/ pale by comparison. And this says nothing of his opposition to Roe v. Wade either, or not allowing states to let people identify as anything but male or female.