Why does SS have deadlifts at 1x5 but everything else at 3x5?

Why does SS have deadlifts at 1x5 but everything else at 3x5?

Deadlifts are draining as fuck

To keep you from overtraining
Deadlift are hard

if you don't 5x5 everything you'll never make it

deadlifts have high CNS load and takes longer to recover from and 1 set is good enough

OP thinks he's a fuckin fitness expert after his 3rd week of SS.

because noobs have shit work capacity

an intermediate/advanced lifter can do 3+ heavy top sets, 2x a week and recover fine...

>Hey, guys, why is this different from this?
>OOOOHHHH, think you're hot shit now, do ya?

>2016
>not doing deadlifts 32xF

Are you even trying to make it?

what would happen if I changed the deadlifts from 1x5 to 3x5? Some guy at the gym said I need to be doing more deadlifts in my program

Gotta admit I never really got this. What should I be feeling when overloading my central nervous system?

been wondering, currently doing ICF 3x5; can I do 2x5 instead of 1x5 DLs?

This doesn't even make sense. Are you literally retarded?

If you want to try changing it up a bit. Look into ramping or pyramid training

Because it will tire you out, and also recovering from them takes a few more days. 1x5 as heavy as you can with appropriate warm ups is plenty for muscle building.

That being said, Candito's (which is a comparable program) has a leg day which is 3x6 squats, and 2x6 deadlifts. The extra deadlifts work there since its less exercises, but still very low (only 2 sets). I wanted to mention this, since it isn't just Rippletits doing this. It's pretty much every good trainer.

nothing except more gains. DL is tiring but 1x5 is overkill in safety. especially if you've been doing it for a while and have a hang on the form 3x5 is totally fine or I'd even say recommended. just make sure you're able to complete 3x5 with good form, maybe take a little weight off if you felt like you were at your limit after 1 set

just do warm up sets. few reps of 50%, and a couple at 75%

>Made my own routine because I'm retarded
>Was doing 3x5 reps of deadlifts
>Could never complete the last set or just did something like 3x3

They're so fucking tiring. I guess it make sense to do something like 3x2. I'd always be swimming in sweat by the end of my second set.

I guess this is newbie questions about deadlifts thread.

How do I get comfortable with doing deadlifts? I love doing squats but despite practicing with just the bar or even a wooden stick I just can't feel comfortable doing deadlift. Normally with a new exercise the proper form just "clicks" and I get it but never with deadlift. Sliding the bar across your shins just feels so incredibly awkward. Any tips to improve? My gym doesn't have a trap bar.

Did you ask how long he has been a personal trainer and where he got his credentials from?

If not I wouldnt listen and would stick to the already preplanned workout routine thats be proven to work.

Don't slide is across your shins. Although it depends on your body I guess.

I do deadlifts where I'm angled over the bar slightly and when lifting up it never touches my legs except maybe at the very end when I shrug.
Brushes my thigh

I think you mean 5 sets of 1 rep

1x5
1 rep
5 sets

Kys

How come whenever I do deadlifts, I can't squat for shit for the rest of the week? It seems like I can't even do both in one week.

I get worn the fuck out after deadlifts. my squat goes down literally 50lbs, even days after

Your grip starts to fuck up

Is this troll or tard?
Can't tell

Rippletoe actually doesn't talk about biofeedback and think it's all ridiculous hocus pocus.
Mainly because he honestly doesn't get it and just geared up and muscled his way through lifting stuff.
And most people here are just parroting what they read in the sticky and SS and a few other places.

But CNS fatigue means that every lift EVERY LIFT and every thing in your day to day life will feel a hell of a lot heavier and you'll feel somewhat tired even with a full nights rest.

anytime you measure something, you always go from smaller to larger, left to right.

it's like how you write the date [day/month/year] in international format

3x5
"three times five"
three times five exercises
do five exercises three times

i don't know where you're getting "exercises" from. it's sets and reps. is English your second language?

You know what that user means.
Stop being a pedantic cunt.

No fucking wonder. I went to work after doing 3x5 deadlifts.
Only 2pl8 but holy shit. Felt dead my entire 8 hours.

third.
I know it's reps, I was just trying to make it sound like a normal sentence someone might say.

It's the opposite you retard. Novice lifters can train at their capacity every other day for months, they can make progress every workout and they can recover after 24-72 hours.

That's why he advocates eating 5,000 calories a day!

Do five sets of three repetitions.

I mean three sets of five reps.

It's a working set. Deadlifts are tiring. So if you work up at 225 for 5, then we can assume to warm up for that you did a set at 135 and one at 185 to get yourself going. So you did 3 sets and put forth what should've been near max effort, which constitutes a good workout.