Linear Progression

>Linear Progression
>increase by 1kg

How the fuck do I increase a bench press with 1 kg? Do I hang some teabags on each end of the barbell?

>AMRAP for beginners

this program is retarded

Buy your own 0.5 plates off amazon and bring em to the gym

Stuffing plates back into your bag is a great way to get security on your ass every time.

this is probably the first generation that is so utterly helpless that finding a way to increase the weight on a barbell by 1kg seems like an impossible task. or maybe it's just the people who spend more time on the internet than outside.

>someone has something bad to say about a routine

literally shut the fuck up. everyone shit talks EVERY routine. as long as you aren't doing a fucking brosplit as a beginner or doing a retarded amount of volume, you'll make good gains on any program as a beginner.

>not understanding what AMRAP stands for

0,5 kg plates, genius. If your gym doesn't have them, you could try bringing your own (check your gym's rules first though, you don't want to get in trouble) or use multiple pairs of collars to microload (that's what I do). Another option is to push your last AMRAP set until you reach 8-10 reps and then increase the weight by 2,5kg, which will bring you down to 5 reps again.

it's stands for "if you actually try it you're bound to fail"

Butt plugs on each side

Or you could just stop being autistic and tell gym staff you brought them, and why, and show them the plates.

If your gym doesn't have 0,5kg plates you should probably look for a different gym.

Home gym is master race though.

AMRAP is not "to failure", it's 'as many reps and so can do safely and with no detoriation in form'. Explained in the book.

I bring wrist weights of .5kg/each and place them on the bar. Cheaper and no risk of it getting mistaken for stealing the gym's plates. Plus you can use them as actual wrist/ankle weights for some based HIIT workouts. I get a few weird looks sometimes but no problems.

Deload: The Program

The difference is that deloads in this program aren't a bad thing, because you still get the chance to set rep PRs and push yourself, in most beginner programs you're limited to doing 5 reps during a deload, even though you could have done more.

Okay now explain this one.

What about it?

That is Phrak, who wrote OP's pic. He's a redditor fitness mod.

Okay. What is there to explain exactly?

He look alright for a noob, which I'm guessing he is because he's following a newbie routine. I mean he has that reddit-faggot facial expression that I want to punch, but his body looks OK.

He looks good imo. And even if he didn't, the program wasn't even written by him, he just took the original program and switched curls for barbell rows, that's the only modification.

I just bought ankle/wrist weights. Tried them the first time today, it worked perfect. My gym only has 1,25 kg plates as the smallest, so I have to alternate 1 kg with 1,5 kg jumps, but that shouldn't be a big deal

>inb4 buy 4 sets of ankle weights

>security at the gym
confirmed amerifag

Yeah I do that too, that .5kg doesn't really make a difference IMO. Plus you'll progress just that tiny bit faster.

plus they were like 5 euros whereas 2 0,5 kg microplates cost like 17 euros on amazon which is ridiculous. I think some people use washers but I wouldn't know which ones and where to get them

How does no one seem to get this? I am a newb and I bought and read the book, even so when I saw the program that was what I naturally assumed, As many reps as possible while keeping good form.

Most skellies or fatties would love to look like this after a noob routine.

Skinnyfat here, just started Greyskull a month ago. If I wind up looking like that after a year to year-and-a-half, I will legit such Phrak's and Johnny Pain's cocks. Like at once. Just both of 'em at the same time. No homo.

Dyel?

I don't like you, but I do respect your digits

Still better than Rippetard, Mehdi or Special Agent Blahahahaha

Nice trips.

But how should a person, with no previous lifting experience, who is fat/skinny/skinnyfat and lifts natty, look after around 12 months on a newbie routine? Phrak's body isn't great, but it's a realistic goal for a noob.

Most skinnyfat noobs just want to look OK; they don't want to spend a year or two drinking a gallon of milk per day and being a fatty just to get their squat up to 400lbs and only then start cutting. That guy look totally OK. When a noob reaches that point he can switch to a intermediate routine like PPLxPPL or something.

>tfw minimum increase offered in gym is 2.5kg
i'll never progress on my OHP

I wasted 3 years on shitty split routines and shitty dieting with no results. If I can look like that after 1 year on GSLP (started 3 months ago), I'd be really happy.

More like Phag with that gay ass face

Question. this program specifies Squat, Dead, Squat every week. What is the downside to S,D,S one week, then D,S,D the next?

Deadlifts are much harder to recover from than squats, since they're a dead stop exercise with a horizontal torso angle. Your approach might work in the beginning, but after a few months (probably weeks), you'll stall on the deadlift and have to drop down to 1x a week, otherwise you won't progress.

It seems to be doing miracles for me.

I ask because my schedule is somewhat erratic, so my 2 day break can end up falling all over the week depending on work schedule.

why do people add skullcrushers to this routine?

Stalls in LP programs are usually the result the fatigue accumulated because of the rapid strength increases you've had. You become overtrained. SS/SL deloads serve to make you recover properly during this period. This is why the volume is kept the same. When you arrive at the weight you stalled at you will be fresher than the previous time and hopefully you'll be able to lift it (more likely if it's your first deload, less likely if you've already deloaded a few times)

GSLP runs on the premise that instead of deloading in the traditional sense, you can still make progress while breaking rep records using AMRAPs during this phase. It basically says that the reason you're plateauing is because you're weak, not because you're overtrained.

Different philosophies, but this is the reasons for the different programs.

Also some interesting things with GSLP:
* It's has autoregulation. Every workout is different, to think you'll perform equally good every workout is stupid. AMRAPs are really good when you're feeling stronger than usual.
* It's actually a form of linear periodization, but over a much longer time period. You start of at around 10 on your AMRAPS, and over time you increase intensity and volume automatically decreases as a result. When you stall, you restart at a high rep count again and repeat. Exactly like a linear periodization program.
* The order of the exercises are really important. A heavy squat has a much bigger impact on your bench/press than vice versa. It makes workouts easier and more exciting (at least for me).

you are so stupid