Who here going back to school?

Who here going back to school?

I'm 27 going back for an engineering degree after a lot of dead end jobs. Who else in the same boat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kBXNa0ipFPQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wrong board senpai, but same here.

21, going back to doing an engineering degree after working a year and taking a year off.

24 half way through a cs major, will be done by 25 or 26.

It's never too late /bro/. Just work hard.

24 and going back, probably gonna have 2 semesters at community then going to uni, I hope being good looking and in shape will make up for being older

Same here. Going on to be 26 years next year and will go after a Master's degree in Aeronautical Engineering.
Loved College life. Just study fun things, liftan and party.

>party

I've got an MSAE, there will be little partying in your future if you want to do well. Good luck brah, study hard

Just turned 26, still going to have two years of schooling plus a clinical year. Looks like Im never going to move out. My self esteem is fucked.

I'm 25, have an engineering degree, two internships, high GPA. Engineering hiring is all about how many diversity quotas you can fill. Absolute dog shit, unless you're an Indian woman it's pretty pointless.

Do a trade, at least you'll assured a job.

21, final year of college with a CS degree

my resume is jacked and I'm ready to hit the job market

Fucking sick an tired of nursing, going back to school to be the IT guy.

>falling for the college meme

Enjoy continued unemployment along with your newly acquired debt you'll never pay off.

Have more than enough to pay for school. Been working in the oil patch so I was making decent money.

>28
>have a bachelors in Nursing since I was 21
>accepted to med school fall 17 so will be 29

Pretty much partied for the last 10 years and bought shit I didn't need.
Now all my friends are married or moved away, so my Saturday nights are usually lonely....
>tfw no more Bon fires
>tfw no more sneaking bottles of vodka inside the movies and getting blitzed in the back row
>tfw no longer the young naive nurse who thought the profession was exciting and fulfilling
>tfw no more BBQs at my place every Friday because my friends don't have babysitters or they live 1000 miles away
>I wish I could turn back time to 4 years ago and just cherish the best days of my young adulthood instead of letting it slip by

Youre not alone, user. I keep wondering if I've peaked in my early 20's.

Hahah, bullshit.
Already done my Bachelor's degree. I know the drill.

Pretty soon you'll be on your deathbed, alone and regretting every other part of your life you have yet to even experience now.

youtube.com/watch?v=kBXNa0ipFPQ

Yep, pretty miserable.
Working full time while still attending college, want to switch over to chemistry, but being a fag about it and thinking i'll finish my engineering degree in one of the computer science fields.
I just want to work out and sleep lately.

I'll be finishing my degree at 27. You're going to feel old in your classes.

guess my peak was in my early 20s. same you described. but it endet when I was 23 or so.

Like him, I too wish for just a few more months of the good life breh
Double dates with friends, house parties, star gazing with different chicks, life kind of twists at around 26-27 so definitely enjoy your college and post college years Veeky Forums

What are u tired of about it

I'm 22, I've been fucking around in uni part time for 3 years and now I'm going to be starting a 2 year dental technician program because quite honestly I've realizec I'm too lazy and impatient to do a 4 year degree.

And? What does that matter?

He could still slay poon though

I've already been having some anxiety about graduating this year, I don't need this shit

Married, three kids
Just put in my resignation at my job to concentrate on my next two years to get my bachelor's in biochemistry. I'll see what my job prospects are before decideing on graduate school.

you sound like a degenerate

30 here. I just graduated with my bachelor's degree in May. Full time college employee so I didn't pay for a thing. Fuck everyone else, we're all gonna make it.

>Full time college employee so didn't pay for a thing
Explain

Not him but I worked as a patent/intellectual property lawyer for my university and in addition to a paycheck, I get free tuition.
I'm going to get a free degree in business, which is quite possibly the most useless degree I could've chosen

Just got out of the USMC and about to ride that GI bill to a masters in Actuarial science maybe with a minor in economics or biology.

If you're decent at math, fuck becoming a teacher and engineering now is getting flooded with diversity quotas so fuck that too. Becoming an actuary is one of the best things you can do if you're decent at math because hardly anyone knows about the job and you're guaranteed a job when you get your bachelors (Granted if you intern for a bit as well).

This is my boat exactly. I'm nervous as fugg. Been going on hour-two hour runs to calm myself

Twenty seven and working on a CDL. What the fuck am I even doing with myself anymore...

One of my soldiers in the Army Reserves is an actuary. He says it's GOAT-tier. Good for you, marine.

Will finish my degree at age 25

Don't feel embarrassed or intimidated by 18 year olds who think its so cool to be out of their parent's house for the first time.

Focus on your learning and your lifting

Whys it useless?

21 as well going for an engineering job. Better late never then never...

25 almost done with my Histotechnology degree

I technically never left school but I fucked around for way too long and only just now finishing up

23 lifting and studying IT with a pathway into uni next year for Cs

Fingers crossed

This schools business program is run by a bunch of monkeys, easy A teachers, and grazes the surface of subjects rather teaches the principles

/real estate/ here. I won't go to college because I make damn good money, but my mother is going back to school for a nursing degree. She's 49. Just be confident and age won't matter.

Does 21 going for an IT degree count? All my friends are still at uni, and the ones who never went are in dropkick jobs barely paying rent

>Histotechnology degree
That sounds like the biggest billshit degree ever.

Finally starting college at 21 after being a suicidal NEET for 3 years after high school. I'm just taking some gen eds and a business class because I think that's what I want to study but I still really have no clue what I'm doing or what I want. Better than nothing I guess.

27 here, peaked at 23 and it's been downhill since. i want off this ride

Its not, its actually kind of interesting.

You ever get a gallbladder or appendix removed, or have had a biopsy? Histology Techs slice the tissue extremely thin and mount them onto microscope slides and stain them so the pathologist can look at the cells and diagnose disease.

I turned to welding after I realized school wasn't for me. It's pretty okay.

I did it, studied Geology. Started at 27, finished at 30. Best thing I ever did.
Did a law masters after. Now work in oil and make >£300k per year + bonus ;-)

Stick at it!!!

I worked as a histotech for 2 years. It's a decent gig, just very monotonous. Went back to school to become a PA (Pathologist Asst) and now I cut up organs, cadavers, etc. Pays really well and is fascinating. No complaints.

What kind of degree is the PA degree? Its a masters isnt it?

I havent decided what I want to do once I get the HT. I could get the HTL, but Ive also thought about going into grossing, but I have no idea what additional training an HT needs to be a grosser.

Yep, two year MS program after undergrad, my employer paid for it. Without going that route, I'd highly recommend going toward clinical cytology/cytometry. You can rack up certifications and get paid breddy gudd.

2nd year biotechnology/process engineering student with an emphasis on food science

shittons of mat, physics and chemistry but there are lots of jobs out there

I fucked up in upper secondary so atm I'm not allowed into university for any hard-science subject.. Taking a year to get the maths and shit I need for that and then moving on to biochem or biology or medicine in the Soviet Union.

I too just want to drink milk, lift and sleep, maybe have a little toke once in a while. We'll make it though, no stress.

24 reporting. Just finished my last class in community college this summer so I'm all set to transfer. Sending out applications this fall to the schools I want to go to, but we'll see what happens. Feels shitty knowing I wont be back in school at the earliest at 26, but at least I'm trying to get my shit together.

Just turned 24.
Brother and sister both have 2 master's degrees.
Did 2 years of college but pretty much wasted everything by only partying and lifting, i dropped out after that.
After working shit jobs for 2 years, Ienrolled for 2 exams (which are in 10 days), I have to pass both to be able to continue where i dropped out.

You'll be fine, some people go back later or never go, and your gonna have experiences that will help you

it ain't over til its over baby

Just turned 26, halfway done with a CS degree and working part time as a waiter. Fuck, I hope Im gonna make it.

I'm 23 and a rising senior in exercise science. I changed after 2.5 years as a political science major. The joke is that I'm like 17% bf and my lifts are shit. I wish I had a pepe to show my feelings but I don't really save images like that. All I want is to be financially independent so my poor dad can retire as the sole breadwinner in the marriage. One day at a time I guess

good luck on the tests brah

it's not too late brah dig deep

>political science to exercise science
>wants to make money
I got bad new bro.....

Better to start now than never, lad. I believe in you.
Stop looking at others for happiness m8. Making new friends isn't as hard as it seems. As a man, you haven't peaked yet. I promise.

yeh corporate wellness is my best shot

average 40k top out around 70k

i'm never getting married or having kids though and i don't need nice things so it will be chill to exist without too many discomforts

Thanks man! Even if I make it, I won't be able to graduate until i'm at least 26. Guess i'm staying at my parents' for a couple more years unlike everyone else having their own place by now.

it's not everyone else dude, plenty of people are moving back home. i won't graduate till i'm 24, seeing 18 year olds in the same classroom is hella weird. anyway ur not alone

Small world, was Rad Tech and realized I hated being in hospitals and clinics. Gona try IT i suppose.

25 going back to school to become physical therapist, it's never too late senpai

Currently in limbo, just wasted a year at college and flunked a few courses. Either I do some adult ed and get into uni for january, or waste a year

Went back at the same age for accounting. I'm meh about it. Better job, but my heart still isn't in it. I wish opening a gym was viable

I hear clinical rehab peeps make bank for no work

im literally the opposite of you. goodluck

flunked out of college at 22, worked a dead end job for 5 years, barely making enough money to pay rent, eat and buy cigs.
i went back to school at 27. graduated this year (at 29) with cs degree. duting final year i started working as a software developer. shit's good, yo.

Good. I need faggots like you to hire at a mediocre wag that you'll appreciate after a shit wage so I can delegate tasks to you and pay myself off of whatever value I can squeeze out of your soul.

Like someone who has a degree and years more work experience is gonna settle for that, fucking dumbass, it's easier to do that to kids who graduate without ever having a job who do unpaid internships

We're all gonna make it brah, hope u quit smoking

Yeah it can be done, maybe even if you run your own business or something

> (You)
>Like someone who has a degree and years more work experience is gonna settle for that, fucking dumbass, it's easier to do that to kids who graduate without ever having a job who do unpaid internships

Lol

>he actually majored in business mgmt
>laughinggirls.mp3

currently 23. gonna apply for either engineering or applied math starting next year.

>dropped out of first semester uni
>worked for two years
>semester at community
>get good grades
>somehow get into dream school out of state
>leaving saturday
>21 with be freshman

Holy shit, it's just hitting me I am going to be on my own. In my mind I know I am going to make it but my body is an anxious mess.
>sometimes I feel like a giant fruad
Can't stop, must keep going

Yes

Pro tip. Unless your paycheck is issued by you or someone who works for you, you are settling for that.

Starting comp sci at 23 next monday. Did 3 years of med until i realized that i hate people, blood and germs. The working conditions are fucking shit as fuck, the money is pretty weak unless you specialize and its pretty much 99% trying to keep old gross people who should have died decades ago alive for a few more years untill we can do the same thing again.

Wait listed twice at a med school, doing an masters of planning and applying for med again.

When there is a will there is a way

Just turned 20.

Dropped out of community college after failing almost all my classes first year. Didn't party or any have friends either. Just failed all my classes. Wasted about 6 thousand dollars that I worked for over the summer after high school ;_;

Going to trade school next year.

25 almost 26 here after working for 2 dead end jobs for 5 and 3 years respectively. I landed a job at a blood plasma centre that has agreed to pay for any classes I take so im going for a Degree in biotech.

You're only 27, way to early to be thinking this. Depressing.

plenty of people enter medicine late. average age of entry iirc here is like 25. i know some people who got in at 21 and will be doctors by 25 but just don't think about it. fuck i mean in my entrance exams for med there were guys there in their mid 40's at least, some probably 50's.

Have a bachelor's in biochemistry. Enjoy your lab tech jobs for $15/hr.

Same. Its why I lift

Go back to your fucking board cross boarding scum
Fucking normalfag, pieces of shit like you ruined this board

I am tired of admissions and family members to keep it simple. Also, I was never passionate about it. I live in a shit area and basically thought nursing was the only way to get a job. Now I have the financial stability+GI bill to go to school without worrying about getting a job as soon as I graduate.

This is true. Rehab workers(physical therapists and their assistants) make more than nurses while doing a fraction of the work. They watch people brush their teeth and shit, help them walk a little, then fuck around on their laptops all day. Biggest tax fraud ever. IF YOU ARE A PT AND YOU SEE THIS, YOU ARE A WASTE OF LIFE

26 here going to my final year at uni to finish my comp sci degree after 6 years.

>had a degree that wasn't worth shit in my country, saturated field and very little local industry.
>Additionally my grades where shit because I cruised through because I didn't enjoy the field in the first place.
>Got a shit paying yet important job.
>Got fucked around with and manipulated by my employer until they eventually fired me.
>Fell back into depression and was unemployed for over a year.
>Decide to enrol back at uni to do engineering at age 24.
>Not long after family friend calls me and organises an interview.
>60-70K starting salary as a pathology scientist.
>He basically offers me the job
>exact same day uni offers me a place
>choose uni
>2 months later gf breaks up with me for being depressed, unmotivated, unemployed and she would be waiting too long for me too graduate.

Somedays I wonder if I should have taken that job. Maybe she would have stayed with me, I would have had money and not be living at home at 26. I'll be 28 when I graduate and I hope to god it was worth it.

I'm half african, I know diversity quotas are bullshit but will that be in my favour when I graduate.

>mfw gotta take what you can get

30, going back for my PhD, I'm to old for this class shit

I'm 23y and just entered med school this year, after a bunch of lame ass jobs (and some enjoyable ones)

>turning 25 in November
>been working as a security guard for a few years, worked in bars, events and some loss prevention
>insanely uninteresting and unstimulating
>also just broke up with manipulative and jealous girlfriend whose excessive beauty is only matched by her anxiety
>5 and a half years
>we had an apartment together
>decided to go back to school
>took a 8-week summertime college prep program targeted at adults who have been out of school for a long time
>got accepted into an IT Diploma at my local college
>starting after labor day weekend in September

Lots of big changes lately for me and I feel great about it. It's good to know I won't be spending 4 years and $50,000 to get a BA in Psychology to work as a supervisor at McDonalds.

So far it's been the best move I have ever made in my life.

Stay strong brahs