My girlfriend is trying to lose weight and has been eating at a steady deficit of about 300 to 400 kcal (according to...

my girlfriend is trying to lose weight and has been eating at a steady deficit of about 300 to 400 kcal (according to her fitbit charge hr) still she has gained weight over the past couple of weeks, how can that be? she is doing SL with babyweights right now. She has stopped taking birthcontrol pills about 6 weeks ago, could that have any part in this? she's getting understandably frustrated at this.

She's eating too much.

Fpbp

one night with me and i'll fuck the fat outta her bud

Shes stuffing her fat face

not according to her fitness tracker. could that thing be off by so much? how reliable are those things anyway?

one more thing: she looks better than before starting out, her belly has flattened, her face became more defined, but it doesn't show on the scale

post pics
She may have lost fat but gained water as she started exercising, thus drinking more.

she has been exercising before but on a different program. I guess she could try and eat even less than she is now, she is currently eating around 1400-1500 kcal a day.

So then why does it matter? If she looks better and feels better, then who cares what the scale says?

>mild deficit
>3-4 weeks
weight loss isn't linear jackass, if she's still net positive after 2months then summaintright.jpg

because she doesn't feel better, the little number on the scale matters a lot to her.

Maybe she's building muscle which is is offsetting fat loss since muscle is heavier than fat.

More cardio always works

It's your job to make her feel better dumbass.

I am trying, my man. I am trying.

she has been at it for more than two months, so I guess she should see a doc then?

doctor isnt the next step... it's fine tuning your 'deficit'
>300-400kcal deficit
good target
>according to her fitbit
so to make sure you understand
>INPUT (self reported) - OUTPUT (according to fitbit) = -400
chances are the fitbit is being generous, and/or she slips up on counting cals every now and then. setting your deficit isn't exact, you have to adjust some of the approximations if it isn't working for >6weeks

the cunt is secretly sneaking food
i guarantee it

Track calories with myfitnesspal or something like that
and im cutting with 1500 at the moment as a male (188, 90kg) so 1500 might be too much

>she has gained weight
>been eating at a steady deficit
I don't think so m8

bottom line of this is that if her weight has been stalled for over a month, then you know that her deficit is 0. energy balance is the ultimate measuring stick, TDEE etc are all just approximations. so reduce intake by another 300-400 to try and obtain the actual target deficit

This. Sorry bro

really no reason to assume this when there are other factors to check first (your daily deficit calculation brought to you by Fitbit)

I will tell her to eat at around 1200, which will be hard for her but she can do it. in the meantime she'll continue with SL and cardio two times a week. IF (against all evidence and logic) this still fails, how long should she wait to readjust? Also: thanks for your answers.

Their calorie counting hasn't been show to be too reliable, and your gf could be bad at sizing things up when she eats. I always recommend over estimating and self deprecation.

>She has stopped taking birthcontrol pills about 6 weeks ago, could that have any part in this?

That would make weight loss easier. Unless she's pregnant.

1200 is pretty low for intake, youre saying that she's been eating 1500-1600 + exercising and maintaining? she would have to be like 100lb

You tell her to eat 1 tomato and a third of cucumber with every meal - breakfast, lunch, dinner.
This will keep her full.

Could be water if she just got off the pills. Period cycling tends to change water weight for women

2months of sustained deficit is a long time to hold water weight though

yeah, but idk what else she could do than to eat less, since she's already pretty active with weightlifting, cardio and genral activity. she's 165lbs at the moment.

so yeah BMR for 165lb avg female is around 1600, so if she was eating around 1600 then ALL of her deficit was coming from exercise. so on days with no srs exercise, no deficit. assuming
>4 days exercise/wk
>400kcal burned during exercise (very generous)
>1600kcal deficit/wk
>less than 0.5lb fat lost/wk
counting exercise as 'calories burned' is almost always a recipe for failure

so this would be okay then?

Calories in vs calories out. It is literally, scientifically impossible to gain weight if you are eating equal to or less than what your body needs, that's why your body STORES the calories for LATER use.

>"but I only eat 1000 calories a day and gain weight!"

Congratulations, you don't need 1000 calories a day to survive. Enjoy needing to spend less money on food, not starving to death as fast is stranded in the mountains or an island, and having a longer life in general because creatures with slower metabolisms live longer (sea turtles, parrots) than creatures with fast metabolisms (flies, hamsters).

yeah that's probably a good number, it seemed kinda low but i guess that was just my personal frame of reference. the numbers check out

>gained weight
>she looks better than before starting out, her belly has flattened, her face became more defined, but it doesn't show on the scale

Muscle weighs more than fat, if she looks better and her bf% dropped (judging by the flatter belly) the scale doesn't matter

alternatively, you could have her just maintain what she's doing now which should come out to like ~25lb lost in a year with the added bonus of being completely sustainable

I'm 5'3 grrrl and 1200-1400 works well for me on a cut. 1600 is probably too high.

respectfully maam, your height dont fuckin matter. weight is the main determinant of TDEE

stop.

OP's building the narrative so you think his gf's pregnant, you fools.

thank you ser, I showed her the thread and she is determined to do it. again: thank you.

thanks, that helped.

Tell her muscle weighs more than fat
Might or might not be the case but it's a fact anyway

>according to her fitbit charge hr
>relying on fitness trackers to gauge calories lost
Found your problem

>Unless she's pregnant.
Goodbye OP's gains

Nigger, fitness tracker tells her to eat x amount, she eats x amount and gains weight.

What do you think?

It's lucky you two found each other because I just picture the conversation:
>babe, I gained another 2 lb even though I keep following this app to a tee
>idk what could be wrong, maybe follow it some more and maybe spacetime will fold around us and change the laws of physics

Jkjk, all in good fun bro

Fitness trackers are shit for cal calculation. 10k steps of walking is like 600cal. Which it isn't in reality.