How would it affect Christianity if Jesus was not crucified but flayed?

How would it affect Christianity if Jesus was not crucified but flayed?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Prepuce
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If he still unequivocally died a gruesome death and then came back, nothing except the symbology, I guess.
Some kind of stylized whip or flail displayed in my church.

Flagellant cults

This is why you kill martyrs via rectal perforation with a stallion. Nobody's going to make a religious symbol out of a horsecock.

Do not give incentive to me make the "Church of the Flayed Son of God" because the theology that it will create will have no end.

>Veeky Forums - Traditional Games

Challenge accepted.

Also, you are now aware that there is a holy order dedicated to jesus' foreskin

Mass would be fucking brutal.

Very fu...

Wait, what the fuck.

>I want to make a Christianity-influenced religion for my setting
>I want to change some things though to make it different, how would other aspects change if I changed this?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Prepuce

Yes, please don't remind me of the absurdity of Catholics.

Do we wanna have a theology thread? because those are fun.

The original christian symbol (the fish) or the labarium would've stayed as the main christian symbol. That's it.

>newfags and newfag mods taking a Veeky Forums related thread to a board that couldn't give a shit about it
lmao

should have just deleted the poor thread
it didn't deserve this fate

Crucifixion was easily the most painful, protracted, and humiliating way to be executed at the time. To venerate it as a symbol must have seemed pretty insane back then.

Honestly, Christians would probably carry small knives around their neck instead of a cross, ironically similar to how Sikhs carry a dagger.

They didn’t. The most popular symbol back then was the fish.

Skandinavians would start chanting gregorian style because black metal would've already been the traditional church music.

>move it to Veeky Forums even though none of it ever happened

Pretty sure death by horsecock would be more humiliating than crucifixion.

Roman Christians either used the Fish or the Chi-Rho.

Crucifixion was too real for these people to associate with anything other than execution.

This

Then David's prophetic description of how Jesus would have died would be inaccurate.

Yup. Had to make up a new word to describe just how painful it was. Excruciating.

yeah i remember seeing about some roman graffiti when christianity was a new thing, where someone was making fun of the fact that his friend's god was tortured to death and he venerated that, cos at first they couldn't get their heads round it at all

Christians would still have circumscision and would call it a symbol of Jesus's sacrifice (removing a piece of skin to remember the flaying of Jesus).

The term "Christian", first used at Antioch, was pejorative. It mocked people who said their leader got killed, but then rose from the dead and is coming back soon.

It especially doesn't help since the roman culture, which christians were very much against, had being a brutal, savage cunt who killed, fucked and ate as a virtue.

When they went "he died for our sins!" the romans probably went "lol what sins? We're romans!"