Anyone else think calluses are cool as fuck and should be something to be proud of...

anyone else think calluses are cool as fuck and should be something to be proud of? I think they show what kind of person you are and how hard you work. Lots of people seemed to be ashamed of them.

Why does anybody give a fuck about them? I just ripped my first one today deadlifting 275 lbs (6 months into liftan).

If your callouses look like that it's an indicator of bad technique. Callouses developed with good technique aren't particularly noticeable.

I got made fun of for wearing gloves once, you know how I handled it?

>your mom likes silky hands when I fondle her shit, so fuck off before I belt you fuckhead son

he was speechless.

I remove them for practical reasons.
You don't realise how much they fuck with grip strength until you get rid of them.
>pic related, the results of using a callus shaver
Seriously, buy a callus shaver, you won't regret it.

Also, keeping or doing things for the sake of being "manly" is a great way to prove you aren't actually manly.

Are you retarded? The reason they look like that is because they have been popped or torn open.

If he got that from a barbell his technique is bad. They should never have gotten that large in the first place.

>le rippetoe video grip meme

Small callouses > OK

Putrid massive callouses like OP's pic > absolutely disgusting and filthy

that looks insanely satisfying and i dont know why

Does that shit work for feet callouses?

Are you retarded? The reason they got that big and then torn in the first place is because some idiot doesn't know how to GRIP THE FUCKING BAR

Ok faggot. Keep being bad so you can feel "manly".

>things that never happened

I'm a writer, so I have soft as fuck hands. Even with gloves, I still get gnarly callouses.

Have to trim with nail clippers after every work out. Shit sucks.

Yeah, to be honest I think that's the original use for the things.

It really is satisfing.

Honestly m8, go to your local store and get one, they're like £5 and you will be amazed and love it.

>le rippetoe grip meme

I love seeing people who probably can't deadlift 4 plate telling others they shouldn't get calluses from lifting.

I might get one then because I constantly have them and it's very unpractical to do it with the typical nail-cutting small scissors.

Your grip is wrong dude i dl 5.5pl8 and have never ripped a callous. It will hold you back later if you can't lift because of a seriously torn callous so fix that shit.

>manlet dreams

OP, have your considered a mechanical keyboard?

it's not up for debate

sorry you can't into high school physics

You will not regret it.
One of the best £5s I've ever spent.

burst my first one the other day

Lol. YDEL.

Here's mine

Didn't mind the calluses too much when I was still lifting. I've been training for climbing seriously the last year and calluses are a real pain, when they rip badly you can't train or climb at all for some time.

The solution for me was a 180 grit sandpaper sponge, just sand them down regularly. Also, applying lotion to rehydrate your hands (chalk and coarse stone or plastic aren't really great for your skin) only made the calluses worse for me.

I had way worse callouses when I started lifting than when I do now (which are there, but pretty smooth/not peeling). You reckon it's because the skin is just less sensitive, or my grip has gotten better?

Have you not tried the shaver seen above?
If so is there a reason you don't use it often?

you won't even realize how thick feet calluses are until you cut them off, i had ones on the side of my feet from running and when i cut into them with scissors they were easy 7mm to 1cm thick

you can get callous's after one day of lifting in you do deadlifts and weighted chinups. not kidding.

A shaver is too much, I've tried it. For climbing, you want strong skin but nut too delicate that it'll tear. Calluses are bad because you can rip them off, and the flapper will keep you off climbing for at least a week. Sanding them down is the more controlled solution. Also, most of the calluses I get now are on the fingers, below the joints. The shaver is better suited to the thick calluses you get on your palm. I had more of those when I was still regularly.

Sort of miss working out sometimes, and I try to squeeze in the occasional squat and deadlift session to prevent knee issues from becoming serious again and to not turn full skeleton leg mode. However, training for goal routes and climbing outside is just more rewarding and mentally challenging than pumping iron in the gym. I seriously recommend trying climbing or bouldering guys.

"and then i said fuck you!"

Tore my first callouses by swinging myself and leaping between two bars. Blood everywhere. Girls saw too.

>Feet calluses can make you 1 cm taller
This is the best pro running argument I have ever heard

Played golf for 10 years so my hands dont get many calluses

I fucking love my calluses. I love ripping them off with my teeth then eating them. I like taking a needle and stabbing through them then ripping them off.

Clean your shit up you disgusting fucks. Hands and feet. Your feet will feel 10 kilos lighter I promise. And your palms will still have hardened spots (like that one point on your finger from lots of writing) and chicks will notice without it being uncomfortable when you rub your hands on their skin.

I remove them because sooner or later they will rip off and will interfere with training.

I just bandage my hand..

I had a blister under 1mm of callus.
Had to cut into all the skin to relieve it.
Hurt like a bitch.

>Internet bully

Bet you get those callous by jerking off niggers

And that man was Albert Einstein

Pick the skin off and eat them like a normal person.

yeah, I think they're cool, never had a problem with them and I even worked in luxury retail.