This drops soon, please talk me out of reactivating my acc and playing again

This drops soon, please talk me out of reactivating my acc and playing again...

I KNOW I will fall back into old habits, I'll join a 5 night raiding guild, spend hours researching shit within the game, which all translates to losing my progression on my body and other aspects of my real life.

I'm literally in hell right now trying to avoid thoughts about it... please help me, Veeky Forums has always been the strongest board.

How do you avoid junk temptation?

>I KNOW I will fall back into old habits

You won't, the game is dogshit now and there are barely any full time raiding guilds left to join.
If you need to, buy and link an authenticator to your account then throw it down a drain.

Its shite

won't even be that good

Have self control and do both? How fucking weak are you? A game is only as serious as you take it. I lift 4/5 days a week and just started back up playing in the last few months after 4 years off.

>I'll join a 5 night raiding guild
So don't? There are PLENTY of 3 night guilds that clear Mythic competitively

>spend hours researching shit within the game
There's literally nothing to research any more. 4 secondary stats. Yet another prune so rotations are pretty obvious. Most talents are good in certain situations, such as a single target dps talent versus an AoE dps talent. Gems are a proc now. There's only 4 enchantable slots in legion. Neck, rings, and cloak. Can't even enchant your artifact.

>which all translates to losing my progression on my body and other aspects of my real life.
So maybe instead of avoiding your fucking problems you should just work on yourself and better yourself? That's what fucking lifting is all about. Personal progress. If you can't do what you gotta do because of a fucking video game then chances are you were never going to accomplish your goals in the first place you weak willed bitch.

>I'm literally in hell right now trying to avoid thoughts about it... please help me, Veeky Forums has always been the strongest board.
Literally kys.

>How do you avoid junk temptation?
By saying no to it. Not avoiding it as if it were going to kill me. Grow the fuck up faggot. Fuck you.

>moderation meme
kys

you can't justify moderation on useless shit, you can't.

>There's literally nothing to research any more. 4 secondary stats. Yet another prune so rotations are pretty obvious. Most talents are good in certain situations, such as a single target dps talent versus an AoE dps talent. Gems are a proc now. There's only 4 enchantable slots in legion. Neck, rings, and cloak. Can't even enchant your artifact.

Jesus Christ. Its like theyre trying to be runescape. While runescape is trying to be wow.

It's shit and you know it. Tried WoD? This is just a continuation, it's nostalgia bait with all the fun aspects from the original game removed in the name of casuals, or fun or w/e.

It is not the game you used to love, don't give them your money.

I raided heavy in BC
Quit after lich
Joined up with Draenor and raided heavily....
Had a 745ilvl 6 months into HFC and the mount....
Then one day I was getting prepared to raid again and I sat there thinking.... what the fuck am I doing
I've since quit and deleted my characters, the game just all of a sudden sickened me, in fact i just lost all interest in games in general one morning.
It's been over a year since I touched a computer game.

Don't fight it bro, just let the games go

Anyone wanna buy a max level human hunter account with thunderfury?

Think it has a couple of other max level chars too but cant remember. Only played for a month or so in WoD

WoW hasn't been fun since Wrath

this game hasn't been good since TBC

fuck off normie REEEEEEEEEE

I was in your shoes recently. Rather than buy the game, I renewed my sub for 15 bucks. I played a grand total of 15 mins before I knew it was dog shit and deactivated. This way blizz didn't get me for another expac.

We all have to grow up user.

You're (probably) not 17 anymore, you can't keep going around in circles.

Take a long walk and ask yourself "what do I really want out of life"?

If the answer leads back to WoW, then play it. But I trust you there's more to life than video games.

Video games, while entertaining, are toxic.

I lift 6 times a week and work 40+ hrs i arena only tho

Not to be cliche...but get a life? It's a lot harder to join a raiding guild when you have job or social obligations 5-6 nights a week

WoW is the only thing that stops me from killing myself these days, the game is in great shape, and I say that as a jaded and miserable faggot who couldn't believe how hard Blizzard ran the game into the ground for end game Cata and then ALL of WoD.

It won't be the same user....

The feeling of joy you had, being in highschool on a Saturday morning, logging on xfire and calling your friend to play Diablo 2 LOD or WoW for a night of raiding or treasure hunting is over.
There is no more barrens chat
The cities are empty
The high pop servers are filled with gold spammers and Chinese bots
The content is not new or exciting
You'll never hear that sweet Kara music again
You'll never experience a 40 man raid again

The golden age is over, the game is over 10 years old, iron forge is empty, it's time to call it quits

I liked MoP the best, Wrath was excellent and Cata was okay, but I was casual in both Wotlk and Cata

MoP was good, but WoD just fucked it more. It's like another cata. Since they're actually going over to new areas, it might get interesting again.

>this whole post

So, what do you do in your free time? Just shitpost on Veeky Forums?

Working 9-5 and going to the gym for 1.5-2.5 hours a day still leaves with you a large chunk of free time every day.

The fact you're contemplating this means you haven't probably haven't established any productive obligations yet.

Try getting a part time job and going to college, you fucking bum.

how the fuck as a grown ass man can you play stupid games like world of warcraft.

My friend is 21 years old and plays fucking runescape all day. No job, not in school either. Just smokes weed and plays 2007 runescape. He sells runescape gold to chinese people and uses the money to buy weed as a 21 year old man.

Play a sport instead. Read a good novel. Learn a language. Learn anything instead of some time-sink video games that saps you of life and pride.

WoW has been fucking garbage for a long time now it's not even good, faggot

I know this feel op. I fell back on the wow wagon when my old friends convinced me we'd have fun again like when we were 15. I also fell for the "yes I'm gonna play in moderation" meme. The problem for me was that wow subtly shifted my priorities: I found myself losing flexibility by sitting and playing, putting a or of mental energy into trying to win arenas and do well in game, ignored nutrition and macros. Time flies when gaming and I often lost potential rest/sleep. Also makes me even more introverted than I normally am, deteriorating social life. All for a definitive feeling that my own time in life was being wasted in a virtual non existent world.

My tip is: don't do it, not even in moderation. If you miss satisfaction in your life, wow won't bring it.

read a book
catch up on popular media
write a journal
learn an instrument
practice photography/cinematography
work on a large-scale model
play with legos

video games are cancer and you should feel bad for playing them

>implying WoW isn't a good pre-workout that gets you hyped to go to the gym

Also, the best way to not get tempted is not will power, but avoidance.

>catch up on popular media
How's this any different from video games?

increases your social game

pop culture is a thing

game culture is a bunch of sadfags who mask shortcomings instead of fixing them

>dat feel when bought 1000 dollar rig to reboot my love for gaming
>those max graphics
>those 144 frames on 144hz
>wow...
>... such ...

DISAPPOINTMENT. Last game I bought was Overwatch, and I tried man I tried so hard to love it I really did. But I can't man, my once favorite passion is legit gone now. I can't boot up a game and feel like I used to with it, it fucking sucks.

My buddy a long time ago got me into GW2, back when I had a shit PC. Yo I was playing that game on like 20fps and was having a fucking blast. Now? I boot up the game, then shut it right as I load in.

My one passion in life, gone. Now I lift, sure, but das it mane. Lift, work, sleep. Shit's lame af. As much as I look forward to lifting, I just don't have the same passion for it as I did games.

Man I remember when Halo ODST came out I fucking SPRINTED home to go pick up my copy. Now? Every Halo, every Bethesda title, means shit to me. Logged over 700 hours into Fallout 3. Fallout 4 max graphics PC? Not even 20.

Where do we go from here boys? Feel like I lost my one true love desu

Sweet projections broski, upvoted.

kk call me when you're 30 and tell me how your life came out, it'll be a good laugh from my mansion

>DISAPPOINTMENT

It's not a joke to say that some people just grow out of gaming. It's not a very constructive hobby, and everything you get out of it is fundamentally transient. Most of the time the only thing you can count on getting out of gaming is the enjoyment of the experience. Once you're done, you're left with nothing for the time you spent.

Honestly, for me, I find a lot more enjoyment these days in more constructive pursuits. Lifting, obviously, but also writing and painting. I'm not actually any *good* at them yet (though I think I'm getting there with painting), but they're incredibly rewarding, and I always have evidence of my accomplishments that I can look back on.

Same thing happened to me.
Now I just waste my time refreshing Veeky Forums instead.

I actually had a 2 week addiction to Overwatch. I'm 19 and had the whole summer off though. Still, vidya doesn't feel like it used to, I can't allow myself to waste time anymore I need to improve myself and shit and get money

Counterstrike.

It's the only game worth playing competitively imo.

I know what you mean brother. The only thing you get out of it is the experience. I feel as though at this moment in my life(early adulthood) there are more important things, but honestly I wouldn't mind going back to vidya after I've earned some currency.

The only reason I still play video games is because my only friends in the world are ones I met online and have never actually met.

My actual passion and enjoyment of video games has completely disappeared and hasn't returned.

Yeah. If I had an actual job I'd be spending my free time doing wood working or metal working. The only reason I play vidya is because I'm a broke as fuck college drop-out.

remember how shitty and repetitive the last expansions were

saaame, 31 years old now, got a sweet gaming rig, almost never use it

Witcher 3 was amazing, GTA V is fun to boot up once in a while, but i hardly ever play regularly anymore

try to get a productive hobby instead, i looked for a fun outdoors hobby and picked up archery on an impulse

WoWfag here.

[spoiler]Mists of Pandaria was legitimately as good as Wotlk once you got past the chink shit. Quality raids. Quality reps. Introduction of a bunch of new shit like pet battles, Proving Grounds, Challenge Modes, Flex mode raids, crossrealm raiding, etc. I don't pvp so I can't speak on that. The only bad thing about MoP was the 14 months of SoO. Without that, I'd put it just below Wotlk in terms of quality.[/spoiler]

If you have the willpower and patience to sculpt your body into a piece of art, you should be able to play the expansion in moderation.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Blizzard learning from WoD's shit.

pvp in the first season of mop was a complete disaster. blizzard did however introduce their best battlegrounds yet - temple of kotmagu and the mines one, i dont remember the name.

Go ahead and do it, that means one less DYEL faggot in the gym for some user.

You can't even fucking spoilet you dumb retard, mop was utter fucking shite to, there was literally nothing to it besides doing daily farming quests. All Arena seasons ware utter fucking ass and raiding content completely irrelevant and not difficult

>2016
>no one

>tfw been a chad, party guy, student, druggy, worker, boyfriend, lifter and fucking everything else
>nothing has made me as happy as playing WoW with my best friend IRL back in 2006 to 2010

People can say what they want about video games but I've done basically everything else and for me WoW was the best of them all.

WoW sucks donkey dicks now, play on a legacy private server. That way every time it kicks you out because the server is shit pretty much every two hours or so you can go to the gym, also it's free.

I find more productive hobbies. Been playing a lot of bass guitar and sewing up vests for fun instead of video games.

Gamerfag here, was into WoW until BC, then joined a semiserious GW guild for GvG HA/HoH we were in the top 50 of NA all of this was in Highschool then I went to college, played GW2 out of nostalgia couldn't really do it because I was on medschool and during pregrad rounds I was able to play somewhat like 3-6 hours/week the guild was a bunch of fingerless noobs but I found some guys that even became IRL friends ALL OF THOSE or most of them already quit gaming due to job and getting a family, I tried out Overwatch because I wanted a game with PvP that was fun and didn't require longer than 4-6 hrs/week guess what I don't have the time for that anymore, I workout 2 hours 3-4 times/week working 8 hours and getting ready for postgrad stuff just get yourself busy and productive and then you just don't have time for games mostly because your spare time is spent with family/friends/couple and even then trust me having a girlfriend sometimes is a hazle because you want ot fuck and have to cope with a ton of shit that easily takes valuable time off your hands unless the girl is actually worthwhile and instead of being a burden helps you to enrich your life, even if after all that taken care of you have a spare 8-20 hrs/week then go ahead and play.
TL;DR WoW/MMO or MO games are a timesink if you enjoy that be sure that you have the spare time to throw away in it.

This. I'll never forget the summer i spent playing Borderlands with my brother. Best months of my life and I'll always remember them fondly.

warlords of draenor had legitimately the best questing/leveling experience of any expansion.

It wasn't the game it was who you were playing the game with, the same could be said about my best friend I met him in highschool we both were on a swimming team and after practice we went on to his house and played smash bros, heck we still play smash bros while having beers and what not plus we started to swim again together shit is the most cash the only better memories I have than these are my childhood with my family and the ones with one of my exes

This is balanced by having the raid bosses be much more complicated than past content. My last serious raid was dragon soul heroic and you could easily muddle through with voice comms and keeping an eye visually on what was happening. Compare that to HFC, no guild is going to let you through the door without dbm, for prior warning before boss abilities are even used, and special addons for the lasers on archimonde.

>mop was utter fucking shite to, there was literally nothing to it besides doing daily farming quests.
Isle of Thunder is widely considered as one of the best content patches in the entire game. Timeless Isle was well received by both PvEers and PvPers alike.

>All Arena seasons ware utter fucking ass
Like I said, I don't PvP.

>raiding content completely irrelevant
Maybe if you don't raid? The fuck are you talking about "irrelevant"?

>and not difficult
Lei Shen is LITERALLY one of the hardest bosses in the game.

Did you even play the expansion?

I agree with you partially but I stopped spending time with those guys when we stopped doing that kind of thing.

I also have a best friend now who I fucking love but all we ever do is drink and I still miss playing WoW with a friend.

WoW is fucking engineered to make you happy and keep you playing and make you satisfied, there's no way around it.

>It's been over a year since I touched a computer game.
what the fuck is that about anyway? I lost interest in video games and weed almost overnight

>mfw there are better WoW threads on Veeky Forums then /v/ or Veeky Forums

>WoW/MMO or MO games are a timesink
This. I didn't mind wasting huge amounts of time playing when it was actually about meeting new people, exploring, and generally fucking around with friend's you've made. Once they started pruning the social aspects and started focusing on the game's rat race I lost interest. The time sink isn't worth it for pixels, only for the friends.

That's because the whole point of MMOs is "socializing" and "achieving gaming milestones" with a group of people thus it makes two things that satisfy people merge: a sense of achieving and socializing, thats why lel ezports is a thing you give crazed manchilds and edgelord mcteenyfags a way to release their masculinity and energy without leaving the comfy of their seat plus they can bash each other for being equally bad without risking a punch to the face with a broken nose none of those guys would act so high in a soccer or football game they haven't the guts, I played football and I was as vocal there as I was in lel pvpezports and I got into fights after games because of that, after a broken rib and a chipped tooth I learnt my lesson yet I still was spewing shit on games

If you do, please be alliance. The horde doesn't need anymore casual scum

Try rock climbing. I know its suggested quite often here, and with reason.

Its a pretty Veeky Forums hobby. You'll put these lats, forearms and core to good work. You'll truly test your grip.

You'll meet tons of people, even if you only climb indoors. I'm still pretty socially retarded, but I've met some nice people for sure climbing in gyms.

Tons of Qtpies.

I feel like I'm in one of the best cities for climbing gyms, but they're so fucking expensive.
Really want to join one

>thats why lel ezports is a thing

Esports exist because there is a market for it. What the fuck are you on about?

>Anything WoW after Wrath not being garbage

Fucking children

This is correct all the new changes are garbage and utter shit making the game even more simplistic, Raiding will probably still be solid but everything eles im certain will be shit. I resub'd to check out the class changes and the pre expansion event and i was bored with in 2hrs of sorting out my binds.

the reason there's a market is the point I already stated guys getting fired because of a sense of competitiveness and venting out their instict of toppling other fuckers out, the only "sporty" thing about vidya is that it requires good coordination and reflexes

Played from Vanilla all the way to the end of WOTLK. Took a break till Draenor. Got into a pretty good raiding guild. Number 1 on server. Met the most horrible people in that guild that took the game to seriously and would fucking backstab everybody just to get gear. Porked one of the officers. 6/10. 90% of the guild got jealous. Quit the game immediately.

I can't even get myself to login into my battle.net account. I would like to play overwatch but can't be arsed to open that can of worms that is battle.net for me now.

You quit it the same way you quit everything.
You quit abusing dangerous drugs and switch to ones that can be balanced during a regular work week.
You quit dating trashy whores who keep stealing your money (for most Anons this equates to just not dating).
Years of your life have been wasted, you have cucked yourself our of friends, relationships, jobs, hobbies.
I love vidya, I love WoW and always will.
I still quit it.
Haven't logged in almost a year now.
I have lost weight, gained muscle, got a nicer job, am about to buy a house.
I wouldn't have done any of it playing WoW.