My long term goal is to get to the 1/2/3/4 plate lifts. I am a DYEL, so I understand that it will take some time

My long term goal is to get to the 1/2/3/4 plate lifts. I am a DYEL, so I understand that it will take some time.

I want to break down that goal into small chunks that are more attainable. I also know that your lifts don't scale proportionally by plates, so something like 2/3/4/5 isn't really possible because by the time your OHP is 2 plate, your bench could easily be 3.5 plate.

What should my other lifts be if I want 1 plate bench, 2 plate squat, and 3 plate deadlift?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PjbSXItiMkI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

0.5 plate OHP

What other lift? You mean OHP?

It would be like 0.5/1/2/3 I imagine. I can't remember that far back.

Really this isn't worth worrying about, everyone has different ratios of lifts because of bodily proportions and previous flexibility and strength levels.

Just keep making progress brah.
I have a 6pl8 deadlift and my 1RM OHP isn't even 2pl8 yet.

Yeah, ohp. Also, by the time your squat is 2 plate, would your dl even be at 3 plate? Looking up strength standards seems to show that your dl could be even higher than 3 plate if your squat is 2 plate.

I'm almost at the end of 3 months in SL, started at ground zero with the bar for arm related stuff. i'm closing in at 0.5/1/2/2.5

deadlift could easily be 3 for a normal person. I have weak grip and have to do assistance work to slowly crawl up, but it's working

Your short term goals should just be to do more than you did last session. As a beginner you should be adding weight after every workout for a long time; "noob gainz" are very real. Once you start failing reps is when you know you've started to plateau. Also when you start failing reps start eating more you're probably just lacking energy.

My current lifts are shit, feel free to laugh at me. Assume 5x5 except for DL

Squat: 135 (just hit this last Wednesday)
Bench: 95
Deadlift: 185 (1x5)
OHP: 70 (won't go up, first 4 sets are okay, but I always fail on the 5th set).

I am 5'10", 143 lbs.

put your shit into symmetric strength and aim for the novice goals

How long have you been lifting? If it's been going up consistently its fine

About 7 weeks.

I currently look like this. Do I have good potential for aesthetics?

Yes. Everything seems to be right where it should be.

that's right about where I was, make sure your technique for OHP is good. I fixed mine with some youtube videos and blasted through an additional like 10 lbs instantly

Link to these videos?

bruh im at 0.75/1.25/2/2.75 if that helps

It's hard to say because everyone has slightly different leverages and muscle weaknesses, resulting in different ratios between lifts. For example, a 1 plate OHP was way easier for me to achieve than a 2 plate bench, I reached it like 3-4 months before my bench. Also, if you're 143 lbs and stalling at 70 lbs OHP, you need to eat more, you shouldn't be stalling at such a low number.

Yes, hips/shoulder ratio is good, chest looks like it has potential. Everything else seems good aswell

>tfw 100/125/155/240

What's wrong with me. Have my noob gains evaporated? I had a shitty program for like the firs 6 months I lifted, about to finish my third month of SS

It's fucking demoralizing idk what's wrong with me. I eat 3400 kcal per day flawlessly

height/weight/age?

5'10/163/20

I can squat 2pl8 and the bar keeps slipping out of my hand when I do 235.

if those are your 1 rep maxes then thats pretty pathetic bro

No theyre my 3x5 and 1x5 for DL

Eat more. I am 5'11" and weigh 180 with very little fat. Most of my ribs still show. You need to gain weight.

0/1/1/1 CHECKING IN!!!

Well, the usual issues of form, sleep, not doing too much other shit, and trying hard enough apply. Are you gaining weight?

I sleep 8 hrs a night and have good form I think. Yes I was 143 at the beginnging of June

Sounds good, keep going. You're weak, especially on the upper body lifts, but not too far from what I'd expect from a skinny guy who's only been lifting seriously for three months. But you may also have to get used to trying a lot harder.

>have good form I think
That doesn't say very much. Shooting video, even if just for yourself, is gonna help you. Post to Veeky Forums if you want but be warned that you'll most likely get contradictory advice.

Some guys are just born to be dyel. Are you asian?

Quit doing low bar then you fucking woman, if it's really that bad then put some chalk on your hands

135 ohp
190 bench
245 squat
285 deadlyft

Nothing crazy, but I'm on an upswing. Key is consistency & cutting back on alcohol.

Not that user, but this video of REEYUP made a huge difference in my OHP: youtu.be/PjbSXItiMkI

The BUHREATH AYUT THUH TAHP and BAYOUNCE AYUT THUH BOTTOM trick is truly amazing.

I want a clip of ripp saying "DRAHVE" that plays automatically when I start grinding a rep.

1:09 Rip must have had bad breath.

I just hit a little over 2 plate OHP today and I am currently 2/3/4.5/6 so that's how it scaled for me. I know my bench is shit tier, fuck bench

If your bench is at 1 plate your deadlift is ahead if it's at 2 plate really.

what are noob gains and when do they dry up?

are they a timing thing, as in x amount of months after you begin lifting they're done, or does it have to do with the amount of weight you lift?

Asking because my stall is squatting just over 1 plate and I don't know what's wrong with me

Sounds Pretty similar to my starting stats.
After about 1 year of decent training I'm at

Squat: 265
Bench: 175
Deadlift: Guessing (325)
OHP: 115
C@J: 198

Just to give some realistic progression

>cutting back on alcohol

Fuck breh, this is so true... Lifting after a night of drinking is so fucked when you know you could easily be lifting heavier. No energy, no strength... Fuck alcohol.

WHY CANT I CONTROL MYSELF

Are you eating at a deficit? Getting enough protons and sleep?

You are asking the wrong question buddy boy. 1/2/3/4 is easily achievable by anyone regardless of genetics within your first year to year and half in the gym. "How" you get there is more interesting.

Do your LP for 3-4 months and see where your lifts are so you can plug it into a %-based program. After that run some simple linear periodisations such as week 1 3x12@60%, week 2 3x10@65%, week 3 3x8@70%, week 4 3x8@75%, week 5 3x5@85%, week 6 3x3@90%, week 7 rest, week 8 test.

After that look into some 5/3/1 templates such as the ones on Black Iron Beast, inverted Juggernaut or Sheiko if you want more powerlifting.

see this fucking makes sense if you trained really well. but then i see kids on here who say they got 2 plate bench in 4 months and i just want to quit

I don't know about most people but 1/2/3/4 really isn't that difficult.

I'm quite out of proportion as a 6'7 lanklet but i've been lifting about 4-5 months now and im on

95kg BP
160kg Diddly
120kg Squat
I've never done a 1rep max of OHP but I can rep 55kg for 8-10 so well over 60kg for sure.

Just follow a strength programme and you'll get there in no time. Sad part for me is i'll never be impressed by my symmetry strength thing because of my height i'm a 105'er even tho im still quite DYEL :(

Why does it matter what others are doing as a start point? If someone had done sports before they will smoke you. Keep your focus on yourself.

Brah all I want is to bench 2 plates and OHP 1 plate. Squat 3 plates and deadlift 3 plates is all I need brah. we're all gunna fucking make it brah.

Try bodybuilding program for about 2 months annon.
I'll give you an example for what I mean.
AxAxAxx
Db Bench 3*10
Squat 3*10
Reverse pull down 3*10
Rack pull 3*10
Db press 2*10
Calf raise 2*10
Rope press 5*12
Curl 5*12

no yes yes

Honestly you just have to not look at every other peoples progression, look for someone specifically close to you in weight, height, build and who doesn't do roids to look at a good progression

Do your shoulders broaden when you start lifting? I feel like mine slightly have but would like if they grew a lot more. Is there any way to increase the length of the bone, or is my only choice trying to increase the size of my lateral deltoids?

shit meant to make a thread, meet u there boys

admittedly didnt watch but "bouncing at the bottom" on The Press (tm) sounds like cheating to me.

Why? It's an overhead press, not a strict press.

@op
from symmetricstrength

no you have shit genetics, suicide is the only option

yeah but its also not push press either

If he is using leg drive - yeah he is fucking up. If he is bouncing it off the chest it doesn't really matter other than the fact that he can kill himself while doing it.

Either way OHP sucks. BTN push-press is how you make your shoulders hooge.

that's relative to body weight and height

After a few months of doing compounds plus whatever accessories I could remember to do I found the "Swedish method" routine. It was just a screengrab of a post. But I liked the way it was set up, did it for a few months and then modified it with some of my favorite exercises and now I've been doing this one for about 6 weeks. Definitely noticing improvement over the regular version.

115 ohp
175 bench
195 on leg press (legs aren't a priority for me so I don't go heavy on them)
255 diddly

That's about 7ish months of training.

if I want to gain cardio to play a sport like ultimate frisbee, will rowing work the same way or do I have to go running

You could probably row. Rowing is still part strength, part cardio, that's why I bike too. Set the resistance to medium, and row 1000m, then add 100 per workout. It took me like six minutes my first time doing it.

>noob gainz are real
nah, some people are just not built for linear progression

noob gains are a meme created by mesomorphs and generally strong/athletic people to troll lanklets

Nah "noob gains" are how much you can lift when starting out on a good training program. If you can squat 100kg after SS you were able to squat 100kg before SS.

that's one of the most retarded things I've ever read.

I'm aiming for 50/90/110/160 for reps , then i'll drop strength training and go full hyper .

It's using the stretch response just like at the bottom of a squat. I suppose "bounce" was the wrong word choice.

Neither. See

1/2/3/4 is for 5 reps or 1 RM ?

>+50lbs dip
>novice
what the fuck ?