Just got diagnosed yesterday, does anyone have a starting scoliosis routine...

Just got diagnosed yesterday, does anyone have a starting scoliosis routine? I think im gonna start prioritizing pull days and taking out shit like Standing OHP and squats. Are bench presses ok? Should I just hammer my spine back into place?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PSVqlh7ePb8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't have a routine however I suggest you research lamar gant. m.youtube.com/watch?v=PSVqlh7ePb8

Huh that is interesting. I dont think mine is as severe but I need to get xrays done to see if I need a brace

>taking out squats
>JUST FUCK UP MY POSTERIOR CHAIN LADS

squatting correctly can only help you retard

Squating incorrectly with so much axial loading cant be any good. Id rather not take that chance

All I'm saying is don't let it hold you back brother. You could be one of the best. Don't limit yourself because of your medical condition.

then squat correctly?

Scoliosis fag here, should I train my right oblique to "fill" the gap?

Not to sound like a yuppie but yoga helped with the actual progression and then acupuncture fixed the pain that comes with scoliosis.
I would never paid for acupuncture because I thought it was a scam but a family friend did it for free and it's good shit. Along with cupping.

45/35 curve here. I still squat, desdlift, and overhead press. Maybe I shouldn't but whatever.

Ive been doing Greyskull LP and it hasnt given me any issues.

If you're going for aesthetics well that's something you'll never achieve without surgery. I recommend doing the big 3 and maybe some accessory exercises with it. Only surgery can fix your problems. You look good I wouldn't worry about it.

Why do so many people on here seem to suffer from this?

>SS

herniated disc fag here, please watch out for lumbar pain. if you feel pain after squat/ dealift / rowing or even legpressing, unload. I worry becaise you've got condition where your discs are asimetricly overloaded.

Ok thanks for the tip senpai

Drop the weights and do pistol squats.

I'm guessing its because lots of us hunched our backs alot since we spent so much time playing video games and watching anime

>straight spine

I have scoliosis and squat everyday. You just need to make sure you take recovery seriously (stretching foam rolling posture) or you're gonna have issues.

>squatting everyday
>He doesn't have a set leg day

Work on your core. If you don't, then doing other lifts will fuck you up

>have spinal problems that can severly hinder your life
>not purely focusing core, and pelvic floor routines
Body weight squats, glutes/hamstrings, tons of core, lower back, sides, it's not rocket science.
Also recovery is pretty important, how you sleep/sit/walk/shit everything will come into play for long term solutions.
Odds are you also have short leg syndrome, which is promoting cowboy hips.
Do you ever find yourself leaning on a hip, walking with a limp, or only feeling comfortable if you lay, sit on one side?

>i have slight scoliosis. my posture used to be fucked years ago, slightly because of that.
but also think of: teen computer nerd enthusiast x2. i would get low back pain, and neck and shoulder tension. i was overall very weak for my weight as well. it was bad.

>my posture took 2 years to correct.
i basically started working out and doing sports, and aside from that doing stretches specific to mainly my thoracic area and neck and shoulders. everything needed to be strengthened, not just one part.

>now my relaxed walking has a default correct/good posture. my slight scoliosis is still there but i feel no pain.
and i have a really strong back now from working out and doing sports. i'm a smaller guy so the competition is usually heavier anyways.

>i'm more focused on training overall strength and retaining overall physical health than i am about my scoliosis nowadays.

>correcting my posture and also weaker/tighter areas has allowed me to be able to reach my potential with more ease.
if you have a team or any friends you workout with, mind their posture. i can't not see it in people and it affects their overall development over years.

Then do goblet squats or use lighter weight.