Scooby agrees with science, that egg yolks are fine, in moderation

Scooby agrees with science, that egg yolks are fine, in moderation.

youtube.com/watch?v=oLClNuM3tZg

about 1:30 in

Why does Veeky Forums try to push that any quantity, even half a dozen full eggs a day would be completely healthy when all the studies that have been done show that only moderate amounts are ok?

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/nutrition/will-eating-eggs-increase-my-cholesterol
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3292202/
unz.com/isteve/hbd-and-diet-advice/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't really care.
I'm eating a minimum of 4 eggs a day every day and I have been for pretty much the past year.

Are your cholesterol levels good? What about bloodpresure?

Google told me that 3 eggs a day is cool. That's what I do.

Yup. I've been 3-4 eggs a day for five years and my health is great. Blood tests have been excellent etc.

People complain about eggs being bad and then shovel fast food and overly processed bullshit down their neck.

Pretty much this

Fuck Scooby and his broscience. Eggs are superfood. You can literally eat as much as you want.

>Dat sweet macro ratio in-between protein an fat
>Dat protein
>Dat riboflavin and vitamin B12 for maximum gainz
>Dat negligible glycemic load
>Dietary cholesterol has nothing to do with blood cholesterol

I've been eating 3 WHOLE eggs for the last 5 years and my bloodwork is impeccable. On the same note, my father has been eating two fried eggs for dinner since he was a child and he is healthy as an ox.

Eggs hold every single essential amino acid. I eat 3-6 per day. Just had blood work done for health insurance and my cholesterol has decreased. Been doing the Layne Norton split as well.

These studies contradict each other every other year. Wake up sheeple!

Even if they were bad for health, boiled eggs give me a fucking stiff cock like no other food can

who cares what scooby says

>fried eggs

This is the current consensus on eggs

examine.com/nutrition/will-eating-eggs-increase-my-cholesterol

>hypersensitives

is the key word here. Basically nobody knows if they are one of them, so to find out, get a cholesterol meter and see if eggs increase yours. If they dont, you can probably splerg out more.

also this

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3292202/

dont feed into the vegetarian zealots lies. Eggs are cool. Most likely it has also to do with race

unz.com/isteve/hbd-and-diet-advice/

As europeans are more lactose tolerant, so perhaps may be the same with eggs.

>dont feed into the vegetarian zealots lies

uh what, eggs are a great meat replacement

t. almost 5 year vegetarian

Its just that for some reason your veggie friends attack eggs for almost no good reason.

I dont even get it why, but the egg industry has been attacked thoughtlessly for forever now. So much that it had to defend itself with more research.

The preposition that eggs are unhealthy are also ridiculous. Chickens, eggs have been with us, with humanity probably as long as cows have been, the chance of us becoming egg tolerant, as we were with milk, should be severely high.

Vegan and vegetarian aren't the same thing you know.

small denomination, a rarity you are. Its not like you speak for your entire movement. The majority of veggie fags are feel good faggots, who are basically in the animal hugging conspiracy. Where they find research that supports their dumb agenda of being nice to animals. Instead of coming from the nihilistic scientific pursuit of truth.

I eat 2 or 3 scrambled eggs every morning, am I fucked? I didn't know I wasn't supposed to.

I think that's due to a confirmation bias. I've noticed that most of the veggies I know are sound people, it's just that the dickheads are louder so they get noticed more easily, and thus we forget about the nice ones, and believe that they're all cunts

Are you veggie by choice or was there a health issue with meat or what?

It started out as a healthy issue, and then it turned into a choice

Just saying, there are different terms for a reason. Vegetarians eat eggs, vegans don't. Regardless of what their motivations are, those are the correct terms.

Cool. Do you eat any meat (fish or the likes) at all?

Other than eggs, what would you use as a meat substitute?

There's a lot of term confusion. Also people calling themselves """""""vegetarians""""""" that still eat fish triggers me like nothing else.

Also a lot of the green peace nuts and hipsters give the rest of us sane and normal people a extremely bad rep for being vegetarian.

Sorry if I'm being a bother, I just like to learn about these things

I eat tons of eggs, and nearly every day and have for two years. Bloodwork and blood pressure are exceptional, and far better than they've ever been.

Eggs got such a bad wrap during the witch hunt to find out why a generation of heavy smoking, dessert eating Americans were dying of heart diseases.

If you have a solid exercise routine it's probably fine for most people.

I think it's more to do with the process of how the meat is brought to the plate more than the idea of eating an animal.

Fish is normally (not always, but where I'm from it is) caught in the wild, instead of being raised on a farm purely for slaughter.

I can't speak for them, but it's worth asking them about it

What do you eat to get your proteins?

Beside milk products and eggs I try to eat beans and lentils more often. Falafel and other chickpea stuff is also great.

Am I missing some good ingredients to hit my protein goals?

>Cool. Do you eat any meat (fish or the likes) at all?

literally see For meat replacement you are just looking at anything with a good protein and some decent texture to cook with. I know some people rave about tofu, but i've never actually tasted it.

Meat replacement could be stuff like eggs, good cheese, beans, lentils, chick peas. Which are all extremely healthy.

If you need more raw protein you can add things like greek yoghurt as dressing / filling.

It's really not hard at all once you get used to it, it mostly just a habit for people. Most people I've talked to have the perspective of "what should i have with my meat tonight", if you can escape that paradigm, being a vegetarian is super fucking easy mode.

>hyper sensitives

so you are not one of them. Which means that you could be proof that this theory of hyper sensitives is correct.

if a bunch of us did some makeshift research thing, ate like 5 eggs a day, and then measured our bloodworks like you did. We could re-confirm this standpoint. Perhaps even find a racial component to it as there is with milk.

Truth. Although people are generally a lot more accepting of it these days, it seems like some actual progress is happening.

I retain that PETA cause stupid amounts of harm to the movement because they're more interested in being self-righteous than anything else.

I'm eating a boiled egg right now :>3

This. If you eat generally clean, a few eggs aren't ging to kill you, unless you have genetic high cholestorol or something like that. Meanwhile, people shove 3 egg McMuffin's down their gullet and think nothing of it.

Not him, but nuts are great for protein. And you don't need a lot.

Nuts, seitan, meat substitutes. But seriously, seitan. 75g protein/100g.

TVP is really cheap, and because it's usually dried it lasts forever too. I buy it as mince and as chunks, that way you can cook lots of different stuff with it.

Eh, it's pretty arbitrary to be honest. I think it's often some kind of demarcation between land and sea dwelling animals that doesn't really have any bearing on anything. My mother is a pescatarian, and I was raised that way too. Stopped eating fish as soon as I was old enough to see the hole in the logic.

>Vegan and vegetarian aren't the same thing you know.

Yeah, I don't understand how people get them confused. Seems to be an American thing, I know tons of vegetarians but almost no vegans in my country. But then I go online and it seems a lot of vegetarians call themselves vegans for some reason? It's a world of difference.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a racial component. Am a mix of Northern European and Eastern European—so generations of egg and dairy eating people.

I'm sure everyone has an excess point when it comes to eggs, but it's probably like that with all food types coming from animals.

There's been a fuck ton of progress, especially with options when you go out to eat. Many cafés and restaurants will have vegetarian items on their menus now a days.

I'm always puzzled that people find it confusion and complex to cook for a vegetarian. You don't need to make some seaweed pie seasoned with Himalaya herbs picked by a virgin maiden on the first moon of summer. Simple things are more than enough for me (I've gladly eaten potatos and sometimes gravy at friend's house and just skipped the meat, who the hell cares)

I've come to see it as how can REMOVING an item make a dish more complex? Sure you could say that you need something to replace it, and than can be somewhat difficult. But imagine if I only eat cinnamon in every meal. I HAD to have cinnamon every single meal, then you are adding a specific ingredient you need for every single dish, thus making the total amount of ingredients bigger. Vegetarian are just removing an item from the list, not adding any complexity.

Nice, thanks for answering with detail.

I've noticed that it's actually easier to hit my macros and calories without meat, as meat takes up too much room, but I can't call myself vegetarian because I'd still eat meat every now and then.

Meatless curry is my favorite veggie dish. I don't like salads, and cooking curry makes my dick hard.

Unrelated but if anyone is cooking curry, and you're not in a rush, don't use curry powder or ground spices, use whole spices, dry roast some of them before hand, absolutely sex

I've always been pretty comfortable with simple foods too, although I eat a lot better now.

>tfw gf is a vegan chef

>I've been eating 3 WHOLE eggs for the last 5 years

it takes you 18 months to eat one egg?

Yeah, but if people see meat or fish as the most important part of the dish, then they aren't so aware of substitues, and probably can't imagine a meal without it.

My parents were like that, every day was potatoes, veg, and meat. My dad does hard physical labour so he needed meat at every meal. I never liked it that much, and when I started cooking my parents also slowly adjusted to eating less meat. But they wouldn't have figured out different dishes in their own.

Fuuug, seitan sounds incredible. Thanks for teaching me about it.

Yeah that seems pretty accurate.
>They aren't cuddly so fuck them.
>They aren't really as good as pets so whatever

Good stuff

>but I can't call myself vegetarian because I'd still eat meat every now and then.

All moral stuff aside, and without sounding like a complete green peace nut (i absolutely despise those people myself) I think it'd be great if more people cut down on the meat in general. Meat production is a huge culprit of Co2 release, and getting more vegetables in ANY diet is good for you. You don't need a big shiny badge that says "I'm a vegetarian", cutting down on meat is more than enough. Hell, many popular TV chefs where I live urge people to take one meat-free day a week, and they are by no means vegetarians and yet still suggest doing it.

Kek
Pity about the maths though.

5 years × 12 months = 60 months.
(60 months)/(3 eggs) = 20 months per egg

Seitan is the shit, and it's fucking delicious too. Spread the word.

Yeah, it doesn't have to be either
1. Meat all the time
2. No meat at all

Cutting back is healthier, makes me experiment with food more (I love cooking), and it means that I appreciate both styles of eating more than I did previously.

Well I'm not going to run down the street screaming
>HAIL SEITAN
but I'll be sure to drop hints.

(Is it pronounced 'Satan' or am I stupid?)

Lactose tolerance/intolerance is pretty brutal in that regard, the same with seaweed for asians. Its either on or off. With eggs it probably means that a non hypersensitive person who sometimes exercises, can consume 3x the amount that a hypersensitive person can of similar habits in life.

Correct. It's actually been around for centuries, but is only now starting to become more available outside of East Asia. On that note, Asian food is a great source of vegan/vegetarian foods because there's a lot of history of plant-based diets around there.

B-b-but m-muh gluten

It also frees you from a very locked and narrow paradigm of HAVING to have meat for every single meal.

It's kinda fucked up and autistic when you think about it, absolutely needing to have this one ingredient for every single meal of your life.

Yeah, Asian food is my favourite.
Looks great, smells great, tastes great, good for the body, and fun as hell to cook.

It's also quite economical too

Some dishes are better with a certain meat due to the Maillard reactions and overall harmony, plus the flavours are sometimes absorbed better.
That being said, I agree that not all dinners need it, and especially in a world as comfy as ours where we have easy access to alternatives.

I've had people give me dishes that would be much better if the meat wasn't there, and too many """chefs""" focus only on the meat, and everything else tastes shit

This. If nothing else, cooking vegan/vegetarian tends to make people be a little more creative, rather'n just relying on the meat to carry the whole meal.

The problem is trying constantly to tailor your dishes around meat.

Instead of building a dish from the ground up, most people start with a meat and then sort of shoehorn some stuff around that.

Scoobs is a faggot and who trusts him are a fucking joke

>But his husband thrusts him

different user, but I use to eat 5 eggs a day and eggs and bacon. My doctor was amazed how low my LDL cholesterol was and good blood pressure.

I couldn't agree more. Plus, if people eat a little less meat, they might be more likely to spend a little more on higher quality meat - from farms where animals have better life.

I'm no vegetarian, but I try to buy free range meat and eggs, and I usually manage it because I eat meat only once or twice a week.

6 eggs every gym day so 4/5 times a week. My blood pressure is actually very very low and it's had no affect in increasing it.
I have 2 yolks and 6 egg whites. People say eggs are bad for you then go get a big mac which probably has more fat and cholesterol than a dozen full eggs. Don't forget the chips.

Do you just eat them raw hardboiled? I tried eating 2 softish boiled eggs for breakfast for a while and I got sick of tired of eating eggs after a while

>uh what
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Virgin
>Eats eggs
Lel

I don't eat them as much during breaks from uni, but during uni I've been eating four or five eggs every morning with veggies or fruit. Shit is great, blood work is fine, and they're nice and filling as well. The most recent science has shown that cholesterol in the diet has little to no effect on your serum levels unless you're genetically predisposed, so all this anti egg began shilling comes off as a few decades late.

> dont feed into the vegetarian zealots lies. Eggs are cool.

I swear, Americans are so fucking dumb.

Vegetarians only refrain from eating meat. They're fine with dairy and eggs.

It's vegans who abstain from dairy and eggs as well as meat. Learn the fucking difference.