The throne of charlemagne

>the throne of charlemagne
so this.... is the power.... of western europe... whoa

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/science/science-news/all-europeans-are-related-if-you-go-back-just-1-f6C9826523
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's practical and not too flashy or tacky I don't see the problem

>the throne of Mieszko I

No.

Better than the thrones of Sassanid Emperors.

A FUCKING BENCH.

charlemagne was either bathing or slaying saxons, he never sat once in his life

this

>never sat once in his life
the Chad-lemagne stride

That's the throne of a real man. Simple and durable. Charlemagne was no decadent Emperor.

It's intentional and symbolic. You wouldn't understand. Plus it's not entirely complete after a thousand years.

>defends pic
>says pic isn't real

The lack of embellishment is intentional, but there was an extra construction with a marble seating surface. We can also assume it was a bit more cleanly polished back when it was built.

Have you ever considered that the idea of a throne and it being hugely impressive is a modern conception or at least later conception applying to western monarchies.

Perhaps in Charlemagne's time thrones were not a big deal, just a place to receive visits and news.

Anyway, this is a Throne

Post other underwhelming historical places

Its true as well for China. Despite the ostentation of that throne.

This was the ultimate state symbol in Chinese royalty. The Emperor's literal seal of approval.

what is it

Not at all. Look into the Byzantine stuff.

One of them had one with mechanical lions, and which used hydraulics to rise and lower into the air.

>The main part of the throne is four white marble slabs – they are currently stained a yellowish-brown as the throne was covered in a tar substance during the Second World War that protected but discolored the marble. It would be possible to polish it back to white but that would also take care of the ancient markings on the marble slabs.

What kind of uncultured swine would bomb the Cathedral of Aachen?

Supposedly the spot where the messiah was born

Its the man who is on the throne that matters you stupid fucking Amerimutt.

And here's where his bones are. If I had to venture a guess I'd say that throne wasn't very important.

Yo is that the guy made out of gold?

You have to remember, that throughout most of the middle ages the Carolingian or German kings were wandering kings, without a capital or central seat of power. The real throne of the kings was the saddle of a horse.

why does khosrow look like jake gyllenhaal

I'd pay to strangle a chink tourist with my bare hands.

That's not even a real throne room. Its too small.

It doesn't matter, this fucker still feels the need to put is degenerate paws on everything. Kill.

armed forces could give absolutely zero shits about historical preservation unless you have someone in there who actually enjoys history.
Kyoto, probably the most culturally significant city in Japan, would have been the second A-Bomb target had Simpson not intervened, and that was probably because he'd visited there before.
It's also why they bombed fucking Monte Cassino, which still pisses me off

>Simpson
*Stimson

DAS RITE

we posting thrones or what

Why have gold lions to protect the throne when they could afford real lions? The worst these useless pieces of metal could do to some assassin is make them stub their toe.

Why not have both? The assassin stubs his toe it stuns him long enough for the real lions to damage him.

did the popes have thrones

yes and it is pretty metal

I just can't help but respect the RCC aesthetic

How can people look at this and not realize the catholic were the bad guys all along

The aesthetic bad guys.

The Peacock Throne of Mughal Emperors

max comfy

The absolutely totally badass sculpture is new though. You can't give the papacy too much credit.

Holy shit. So the Baroque never really died after all!

>Ctan worshippers

>be king, with all the wealth of a country at your command
>be willing to spend it on impressive palaces
>don't bother making the chair you'll be ruling from all day either comfy or nice looking

I don't get this mentality.

Charlemagne's chapel was one of the finest buildings in Europe.

looks like a place you'd find a whore, or a theatre

I think it's pretty clear that the simplicity was a deliberate statement. I'm not an expert here, but I'm gonna go off on a limb and say it *probably* had something to do with religion, one way or the other.

Personally from a modern perspective I find the contrast between that throne and the much grander architecture of the Palatine Chapel to be a little chilling. I would not have fucked with the man sitting in that chair, even if he hadn't been an emperor.

The Chair may have been decked with all kinds of robes and cloths, but a Spartan throne can make a statement in itself.

Charlemagne is described by Einhardt as being a man who generally didn't dress ostentatiously, except on special occasions, which could be to glorify the Lord, but instead preferred the costume of his people.

He could probably appreciate how a Meager Lord might feel less frightened by approaching a guy on a simpler chair than some giant nightmare of a throne.

Charlemagne was just a barbarian nigger LARPing as Roman. Franks were still not fully civilized in that time.

>not fully civilized

>not fully civilized
idiot

Franks had been in the Roman sphere since Clovis.

Yes, Western Europe was still a very poor and backwards undeveloped shithole in that time. It did not compare to Byzantium in any way.

Posting ugly Romanesque shit does not change what I said. It is true that Western Europe was still poor and irrelevant in that era.

I don't know where you find your whores but if you could recommend me such places that would be cool
It looks a lot like the San Vitale

>It is true that Western Europe was still poor and irrelevant in that era.
it is true that western Europe was less developed then Byzantium.
but to say they where irrelevant is retarded Charlemagne and the Carolingians were famous around the world at the time

Hagia Sophia

yes there was clearly some influence there.

they where also civilized city builders and had some of the most professional soldiers in the world, you probably imagine them as naked snow niggers running around in a forest.

see here Paris in Charlemagne's time.

t. proddy

Most of it was built several centuries after he died. It looked like a standard shitty Romanesque building before.

absolute kek

Why exactly would you expect to be impressed?
It was literally a manger.

I thought that old Lutetia on the river bank had been abandoned and Paris had moved to the Île de la Cité?

Obsessed

>La Resurrezione depicts Jesus rising from a nuclear crater in the Garden of Gethsemane
fug

I saw an episode of "Who Do You Think You Are?" where Cindy Crawford (this chick) found out she was his descendant.

Just imagine having such patrician DNA. Not that she didn't know that before giving the fact that she got world famous just for being pretty.

>Charlemagne
>patrician

Lol, he was a germanic, germanics arent and never were patrician, stop using romans terms

And he was illiterate as most germanics in those times

While it varied by time and place it was not uncommon for kings to spend a great deal of time travelling around their kingdom checking up on and conducting business with their vassals. If I'm not mistaken Henry I of England was constantly on the move around England for the greater part of the year, often spending only a few nights or even just a night or two visiting one lord before moving on to the next, sometimes leaving so quickly that it gave his entourage fits. I'm not sure what his primary throne looked like if he had one (kings in England often had multiple thrones in different places) but he surely spent little time in it.

Literally everyone in Europe with the exception of non European immigrants is descended from charlemagne. Same with everyone in the Americas except full blooded natives, and a good chunk of MENA.

Charlemagne genes are pretty common in Europe, doesn't make you special.

Source?

So he's the Genghis Khan of Europe then? Did he went around fucking a lot of women?

It's partly that and partly the fact most Europeans descend from a ridiculously tiny gene pool. This is why I consider white race to be an objective fact, we're all so related we're two steps away from being inbred.

Nope, he went around dicking a lot of noble women. What said is fucking bullshit. A lot of European NOBLES sure are related to Charlemagne but I doubt the mass of Commoner descender Euroniggers are.

nbcnews.com/science/science-news/all-europeans-are-related-if-you-go-back-just-1-f6C9826523

>nbcnews
Trash.

>Makes fun of blacks for saying they wuz kings n shit
>NO YOU SEE, WE REALLY WERE! LOOK! MUH HERITAGE.

He impregnated many of his germanic servants. Germanic bitches love gold, and he had plenty

To an extent. He did indeed have a lot of kids, but that's not the reason.
Here's the thing. You have two parents, four grandparents, eight great grandparents, and so on.
When you reach the late eighth century you have absolutely SHITLOADS of ancestors. In fact you have more theoretical ancestors than there were people alive at that time.
This means that you are probably related to everybody whose bloodline wasnt eliminated who was alive at that time. It's not a perfect system, but it's generally the case that as long as there was population mixing in the area you are probably descended from any given person in your area before a certain date.

>aguments

>My grandfather's brother's sister's mother's grandmother was noble. We wuz kingz n shit

>aguments

>This is what Amerimutts actually believe.

>aguments

If be messiah you mean Jesus, what did you expect? Half his messages was about to be humble, refuse riches and be a swell guy.

> and be a swell guy
Perhaps you should reread the bible buddy.

I'm not who you're replying to you buttfrustrated moron. Besides, it makes sense: most people in Medieval Europe were commoners. How the fuck could they be related to Charlemagne?

Meanwhile in France

Meanwhile in another part of France

Because noblemen having sex with commoners was hardly something uncommon, you dumb cretin. But apparently you know more than every geneticist and historian researching this issue.

Most historians i know say "many nobles are related to Charlemagne" and not "all Europeans."

Sounds like some Pan-Europeanist bullshit, really.

>Most historians i know say "many nobles are related to Charlemagne" and not "all Europeans."
Who? Who says that?

It means, he didnt give shit about anything but religion, warfare and the Roman Empire. He didn't live nor designed his tomb.

Perhaps you should. Protip: Jesus isn't in the Old Testament

You sound like a butt devastated negroid looking for an agenda behind facts, and getting uppity when they don't agree with your agenda. Plus you don't understand basic geometric sequence and pedigree collapse, Charlemagne had 40 great-grandchildren, it's impossible for him not to have millions upon millions of descendants living today.

Nobody. He's making shit up, Charlemgne HIMSELF had children with commoner concubines (Gersuinda and Adelinde). Nobles had a metric fuckload of illegitimate children with commoners and you can be assured that nigger is dumb if he doesn't know this basic fact.