What would Europe look like if the Crusades never occurred?

What would Europe look like if the Crusades never occurred?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Crusades
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qarmatians#The_Qarmatian_Revolution
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Almost exactly the same.

Maybe moderately less pogroms.

Muslim

Not because the Crusades did much to defeat stop Islamic spread by themselves, but because the Crusades arguably kept the Islamic world from coming together to face the Mongols as a united force, thus leading to the destruction of Baghdad and half the Islamic world.
If there hadn't been any Crusades to keep the Western Islamic world busy, then they arguably would have come to the defense of the Abbasid Caliphate and at least put up a defense against the Ilkhanate. Instead the heart of Islam was ripped out by the Mongols causing the death of the Islamic Golden Age.

If the Islamic world had not been crippled so severely in the 13th century by the Mongols, then they probably would have defeated the Byzantines much sooner and the rest of Europe would have followed unless stopped like the Ottomans were later be stopped.

>You are now aware that the vast majority of crusades was not against Muslims but against heathens in Eastern Europe

I think the opposite if anything Crusdes unified muslims against one foreign threat
Mind you muslims fought one another before cursades, cant cite it directly now but I do know some minor emirs offering alliance to the crusaders when they first arrived.

Only in very few instances, Saladin etc that they had an united front but then again it was quite difficult to maintain it.

Roughly like this

moderately more pogroms, it was before the Second Crusade that the pope issued the Bull Sicut Iudaeis in order to protect the Jews from self-proclaimed crusaders.

>If there hadn't been any Crusades to keep the Western Islamic world busy, then they arguably would have come to the defense of the Abbasid Caliphate and at least put up a defense against the Ilkhanate. Instead the heart of Islam was ripped out by the Mongols causing the death of the Islamic Golden Age.

This is absolutely fucking stupid.

By the time the Crusades started, the Abbasid Caliphate was in ruins. Starting in the 900s, it declined, the Shiites revolted and established a large caliphate of their own in Fatimid Egypt, Turkic Mamluks gained so much power they were princes by their own right, one even took control of Persia and seceded from the Abbasids. And to top it all off, the Seljuks converted to Islam and felt entitled to Muslim lands, leading to the great Seljuk Invasions, and the resulting short lived Seljuk "Empire" collapsed into petty princedoms of Turkic Emirs & Sultans dotting the whole of Middle East.

By the time the Crusades happened, the Abbasids only had Iraq while the Muslim world was rent into shitloads of little pieces.

tl;dr. Muslims were by no means expanding. In fact they were in a dark age of sorts.

Well in school we were taught that since the crusaders came as invaders and victors, they were eager to adopt muslim traditions, language, science medicine etc., while the muslims, that had been fairly progressive before, saw themselves as conquered and refused to adopt anything from the Franks, shutting themselves off, which led to christian Europe mixing the two cultures and adapting the new knowledge, helping the renaissance come about, while the Muslim world clung to old traditions and refused to accept anything new, which is why they are still stuck in the past.
Of course, I learnt this in school, so no idea how much merit it has.

fuck you.
no one calls those crusades.

Worse, but everyone likes the spirit of the thing myself included.

>No Albigensian campaign, French Cathars left on their own
>No Baltic crusades, Lithunia-Poland grow more powerful and remain pagan
>More Europeans all around, and they're warriors too
>Less muzzies in Europe ironically. Instead of dicking around in the Levant they could've been marshaled to defend Spain in say, it's nearly 800 years of war with the caliphate. Or perma-holding constantinople with an actual alliance. Maybe the Pope won't dick his allies over if they're in a solid block. Maybe the Pope will realize he's a runaway Patriarch and mend the schism. So many options

>x people fought one another
Yeah like every people ever

>no one calls those crusades.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Crusades

> but because the Crusades arguably kept the Islamic world from coming together

Fucking kek dude, the Muslims were massacring each other since the 10th century.

Fucking Mecca was sacked by fanatics in 930;

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qarmatians#The_Qarmatian_Revolution

>No Baltic crusades, Lithunia-Poland grow more powerful and remain pagan
Is that some kind of German propaganda?

I asked Merkel, she said no.

I sense the real crusade history guy is here.

Is his channel legit?

I imagine myself in the Levant, leading my Platoon. Our mission is to stop *Rab dogs from advancing to Jerusalem. We mow down *Rab dogs but they keep coming. I crossbow *Rab dogs but I run out of bolts so I draw my sword and begin slaughtering *Rab, since *Rab are way more psychially inferior to me, I slay them by dozens. Then I get shot, but I didn’t fall, I kept fighting. Then shot again and again. *Rabs were shooting me from a distance like the cowards they are. I lie down, facing up to sky and I see the WHITE BULL EUROPA (G-d) smiling at me, I smile back… Then I woke up, in anatolia, my homeland. My WHITE brethen gave me a warm welcome to heaven. I finally made it, I finally made it into heaven..

this

>Baltic states
> Eastern Europe
pick one.

You lose again.

there would be more European population

How? The black plague would've come regardless

yes, I thought about that after I posted that
nonetheless, there were crusades inside of Europe that occured after the Black plague