/mag/ - Martial Arts General

Does anyone have a free stream for the fight tonight?

Also to keep it Veeky Forums related, /mag/

Post your martial arts experience

>BJJ for 6 years, brown belt, grading for black belt in 4 months
>Recently picked up Sanshou

And just for tonight we'll theme it UFC 202, predictions/speculations on the Conor McGregor v Nate Diaz fight. As well as discussion post-fight.

Either:
>Nate Diaz wins via submission
or
>McGregor lands a spinning heel kick and wins via TKO

I think the first is more likely, and Nate Diaz is likely to win regardless of whether he wins via submission, TKO, or decision, it's a losing fight for McGregor even though I'd like to see him win since he makes the UFC scene more interesting.

Other urls found in this thread:

firstrowca.eu/sport/boxing-wwe-ufc.html
profesports.com/watch.php?vid=60dfac41d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not learning the only thing that matters - traditional wing chun
the hyper aggressive hands down best style of wing chun

Don't watch UFC but I hate McGregor

>Traditional wing chun

why not just practice one of the animal forms, or a hybrid, such as tiger-crane? it's just as good and doesn't require years and years of training in order to be fast enough for the techniques to work

typical pleb wanting to take a short cut on everything in life. not gonna make it brah

firstrowca.eu/sport/boxing-wwe-ufc.html

Year in at Gracie Barra.. four stripe white. I destroy other whites, or even someone blue on my technique level.. my athleticism carries me through. High skill level blues and above? I feel like my arsenal is a toothpick, and they have a Swiss army knife. Rolled with a black the other day, and he choked me with his belt lol, was mirin

For my Veeky Forums bros ONLY

Love /heem/

i love the anouncers voice when he says a name.
>hello JOOOOOHN SMIIIIIIIITHHHH how are you today?

much appreciated

>spinning heel kick

i'm sort of out of the loop here, are you telling me that martial arts has made a comeback and it's no longer a grapplingfest?

Diaz and McG both seem like horrible people, but atleast McG is entertaining

i hope McGregor dominates

more likely that Diaz shits on him though

Hasn't really been a grapplingfest ever, imo. A lot of fights have some really good standup, watch McGregor and Diaz's first fight, or any Anderson Silva fight to see that.

The reason i say
>spinning heel kick
about the fight tonight is because McGregor is just completely outmatched in terms of raw stats, but he's so much better at striking with his legs, as you can see in his training videos, and it's the most likely way he can out-reach Diaz.

Bumping for stream

You're awesome man, thank you!

Why not practice something that actually works

Because martial arts isn't all about "what works in the street" there's more to it than that.

>Diaz and McG both seem like horrible people

why do people say these things? we know nothing about them except for what they want us to see. they WANT controversy, people to talk about them, people to hate them, everything just so people will buy their fight(s).

they're probably cool people away from the cameras. diaz runs marathons and that shit takes character to do.

so what time in GMT-0 London/Lisbon is the fight? 3am?
I would root for connor but that fucker supports gay marriage so whatever

4AM, Daylight saving.

Sorry my mistake it actually is 3AM, got muddled up because i was speaking to a norwegian friend about it.

Filthy casualsdottv does not seem to work on my phone.

I need to see this fight

Are streams inherently glitchy? I have yet to see a stream where it's not freezing, shutting off, sound going out, and rubberbanding every 10 min. Any tips for a decent stream?

McGregor spent his entire life leeching off benefits. Never bothered to look for work and had his training and career literally funded by the taxpayer. He likes to run his mouth at fighters who unlike him, usually had to juggle between a full time work an gruelling training routine whereas he had the luxury of waking up at 10am, scratching his balls until 12 and then heading off to the gym.

McGregor is the personification of everything that's wrong with Europe's youth: entitled, potty mouthed, government-reliant. He has to win at least 100 more fights in order to pay back in income tax what he and his trashy whore wife took from the Irish taxpayer.

Yes I know a lot of the drama is staged, but his life story is legit one of a leecher scum.

[citation needed]

Look on YouTube for some documentary about his life.
It's hilarious how the producers and McGregor talk about him never working a full time job in his life as some sort of beautiful and honourable struggle of le poor disenfranchised man breaking barriers.

/r/mmastreams has some links. I know it's reddit but, this is important.

How the fuck do you use acestream?

this

Just searched it; apparently a lot of people have been reporting that it's malware. Fuck it, guess I'll just play vidya tonight. All the streams are choppy and complete shit anyways. I'll just google play by play results.

Working fine for me, download the software, open Ace Player, hit ctrl+t, then paste the token from the reddit thread.

Nate took the fight on what, 12 days notice last time? I think he's about to end a career. McGregor is off to Hollywood or TV presenting or whatever after this just like Rhonda.

profesports.com/watch.php?vid=60dfac41d

boo

Jesus Christ that fucking fight was absolutely incredible, best fight i've ever seen.

[spoiler]McGregor wins majority decision[/spoiler]

McGregor broke his foot throughout that fight, and still finished it, what a hero.

you are a fucking retard if you think mcgregor won that fight, that shit was fixed, now go back to your fucking doritos and animes, you don't understand a shit about fighting
and he broke his foot cause he's a fucking idiot, you don't kick with you FUCKING FEET BUT WITH YOU SHIN, it's muay thai's basics

Mate, we get it, you're pissed. Guess what? Nobody gives a shit, Diaz lost and all your bitching won't change shit.

"JUDGED"
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""SPORT""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Damn, I'm just starting to get into UFC. How would I go about watching all of these fights? They're all under UFC 204 right?

so why are you talking? you care enough to come here and answer me, go fuck yourself

Watch more ufc, not even in the top 10 best fights

McGregor really should have lost points for literally turning his back and jogging away 5+ times but whatever. I think it should have been a draw with McGregor 1 2 4 Diaz 3 5 with 3 being a 10-8. We get a third fight I guess. The Diaz bros are gonna non stop bitch about Conor running the fuck away though.

Nate got robbed. the ufc despises the diaz brothers and not to mention that a third fight means more money for them. Nate got robbed. end of story. that little irish bitch was running away

Only really got in to UFC recently.

>shit was fixed
proof
>you are a fucking retard if you think mcgregor won that fight
me, 65% of viewers, and 2 out of 3 judges, the other whom called a tie.
>he broke his foot cause he's a fucking idiot
he misjudged the distance on one kick out of money, and continued despite breaking it, if it isn't the sign of a good fighter to continue through something like that and win, I don't know what is.

>Why did you come to a UFC 202 thread after watching UFC 202

Many*

Eh. Not really. Coming from a guy who likes both fighters. It was close but Conor rocked Nate on his ass several (4?) times. The real decision was made with the incredible defense against Nate's takedowns. I think Conor successfully defended 6 takedown attempts. That's fucking impressive, especoially against a guy like Nate.

The rest was just statistics. Conor threw less punches, but were more significant. He only attempted one takedown, and it was successful.

Guys anywhere I might be able to watch this fight now? Really trying to see this desu desu

3 knockdowns and 2 where Diaz playing possum to get him to the ground

SVER 4 lyf

>playing possum

You realize that's a massive blow to any points you may have racked up?

Dude, I get it, you like Nate. I do too. But Conor played the better game here. He threw Nate off the first two rounds and really hurt him. Claiming someone is playing possum is retarded and you know that

>his gym uses the belt system
First sign of a mcdojo you fuckin fag

>really hurt him
nah man, have you ever watched a diaz fight before? those first two rounds have happened over and over for nate and nick

nate was not hurt man, he bled a lot only cuz of the scar tissue

i really dont think you can say conor played the better game, he literally turned his back and ran away multiple times

i think the fight was a draw but if anyone won i think it had to have been diaz

If he was hurt cmac would have tried to finish him. This fight was a set up for the 3rd neither wanted anything but a close victory either way. Cmac hype boils my blood

>Y-you cared enough to respond!

You tell him bro

lol hate filled autist

It's all a conspiracy m8, it's all fixed, it's just a theater. Which begs the question, your Idol, Nate the Tard, isn't he just as much of a tool as the McGregor shitcunt?

But whatever, you want to suck a retarded Mexican cock, do you little slut, do you.

and more money for nate.

>he literally turned his back and ran away multiple times

That's what I mean by "playing the better game"

You know that pissed Nate off, you saw it during the fight. Nate wanted to clinch, he wanted the takedown. Conor kept escaping and kept running back to duke it out in the middle. That frustrated the hell out of Nate. You don't lose points for evading, but you certainly gain points for controlling the fight and countering.

I just finished watching the whole thing on YouTube.

link pls

>make your whole fight strategy putting your opponent against the cage
>opponent moves away from the cage
>M-MUH FIGHT WAS STAGED

Shut up you clowns, like a broken fucking record

As for you, if Nate doesnt look shook here then I dont know what shook is...

Any europeans want to fight me?

>bodybuilding
>gymnastics
>diving
>boxing
yeah none of those are sports because they're judged

The ufc is a joke. Half of them are either on meth or speed and the other half suck. Jesus it's for plebs.

>meth or speed
>tomato or tomato

I will admit there are a number of athletes on steroids who for some reason are not being punished for it which is bad, but I don't see the problem with recreational drugs unless you're high while fighting, even then, it's not like hallucinogens are going to help you.