Am I supposed to cook my oats or how do I prepare them...

Am I supposed to cook my oats or how do I prepare them? I have this big bag full of oats with fruit and nuts and shit mixed in, how do I prepare it if I want to eat it with almond milk?

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/349995-steel-cut-oats-nutritional-facts/
livestrong.com/article/284509-quaker-rolled-oats-nutrition/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i activate my oats and just mix milk or greek yoghurt with it. add some fruit and if you want/need it protonpowder.

boil water
throw in enough oats to cover the whole thing
heat to low and stir a few times
ready in 5 minutes or so

congratulations you now know what every 8 year old does

this guy's right. you're not going to have a good time if you eat it raw
i won't make fun of you user, i used to be completely helpless in the kitchen too when i first moved out

so what do I do with my almond milk? and is there any nutritional difference between raw oats and cooked oats? I don't actually mind the taste of it

I'm not actually that helpless in the kitchen, I just never ate oats before really
or any kind of porridge like dish for that matter

i suppose you can pour the almond milk into the bowl with it when it's done, like with how you add milk to cereal

you can make oatmeal to milk if you like. I prefer making it in water (easier cleanup, tastes fine) and drinking a glass of water with it. no clue about almond milk I drink the real thing but I guess it works the same.
also remember salt
>and is there any nutritional difference between raw oats and cooked oats? I don't actually mind the taste of it
no but it will get stale pretty quick. eating oats meme is a phase everyone goes through. I still do it occasionally but I cook oatmeal too.

Put them inside your anus for maximun gains

"Cooking oats" is a prime example of why Americans are the laughing stock of the world.

Oats are already fully cooked in the production process. You put cold water on them, the starch rehydrates, you eat them. That's what everybody around the world does, except Americans who think there is some necessity to apply heat to a cooked product.

"Cooking oats" makes as much sense as cooking cornflakes or cooking a loaf of bread. "Raw oats" don't exist unless you buy literal oat kernels (which take several hours to cook)

raw oats contain just as much nutrients if not more than cooked oats

the problem is we cant digest it properly so we dont get those nutrients

if you eat raw eats you'll notice loads of undigested oats coming out in your next shit

>you're not going to have a good time if you eat it raw

i've eaten them "raw" mixed with protein shake every day for two years. delicious.

What kind of fucking manchild has to ask a siberian astrology forum how to prepare oats?

You're talking shit, we cook them here too.

>oat kernels
/thread

just pour fucking water / milk over them and eat them

if u wan't them warm, heat up some water in a cup in a microwave(like a min or so), then pour over oats

oops, without the "oat kernels"

cover it with water, microwave for 1 minute, then take out, stir, put it back in for 30 seconds, take it out, cool it slightly, then add your favourite whey 1 scoop, mix, eat.

I mix my oats with special k so I don't have to taste them or notice their texture which I find disgusting, unfortunately they are the perfect affordable food for gaining weight

I toast mine and usually eat them just like with a big ass glass of milk on the side.

Poverty granola all day every day.

> I have this big bag full of oats with fruit and nuts and shit mixed in

Sounds like muesli to me. All you do is add milk and eat it.

>put almond milk in pan
>add 5 spoons of oats
>simmer until oats dissolve
>????
>profit

I just microwave mine, put oats + milk in a bowl, add a bit of dark chocolate for flavour, microwave it for 1min, add some maple syrup and stir.

I use peanut butter + half a banana if I'm out of chocolate or maple syrup,

I have some raspberries in my fridge I plan to try with oats tomorrow. Should I add anything?

Thar ya go, OP

>cook oatmeal
>take raspberries out of freezer into a clean bowl
>add hot water and let it sit for 1-2 minutes
>drain water from bowl
>add raspberries to oatmeal
>add cinnamon and milk and mix
this shit is so good
the raspberries are still cold in the center, which is fucking nice

Here is how I do it.

Wake up, go into the kitchen and put the kettle on, Electric is best.

Go into the bathroom, brush teeth, wash face, put on contacts.

Go back into the kitchen and the kettle is boiling or coming close. I put my oats in a bowl and pour boiling water, a little bit more then just covered. Put some raisins and peanut butter. Cover the bowl with a plate. It will be ready in 5-10 minutes. Make coffee/green tea.

While the oats are getting ready I either take a shower or poop and then shower. Feelsgoodman.

Then eat, dress, last few touches in the bathroom for hair, flossing, etc.

Ready to go.

Takes about 30-40 minutes.

you brush your teeth before you eat? retard

i mix oats with eggs. top tier meal

Oats are pretty average. I can think of better foods to eat for 500 calories...

>oats
>500 calories

Try 150 you tard. Oats are incredibly lean while being very filling.

Steelcut oats do not simply rehydrate well. And porridge is not eaten hot just in America.

You're a retard, friendo.

Where does your nutritional information come from exactly? High carb + the sugar from berries...

>eating prepackaged oats

Neck yourself my dude. Raw oats are 150kcal for half a cup

Sure in some fantasy world.

livestrong.com/article/349995-steel-cut-oats-nutritional-facts/

Do you even count? Anything?

Quaker whole rolled oats are 150 cals.
livestrong.com/article/284509-quaker-rolled-oats-nutrition/

You're retarded

>not eating cold oats

Well yes and no

In both west and east europe, they also cook oats ie ground oats for babies, patients in hospitals after surgery soemtimes and older people (Haferbrei in german speaking countries, porridge in the Uk, krupice in Cz I believe)

It's uncommon for regular people though, as it is with most healthy foods

Make cookies

>pour greek yogurt in a bowl
>throw in oats
>throw in little bit of honey or any other sweeter
>stir till all of the oats are covered in yogurt
>let it sit for 2-3 mins

>COOKING OATS
LMAO
just let it sit a few minutes with yogurt, i use 60gr oats and 100ml yogurt, use any kind of flavored yogurt it's so thick and delicious

>flavored yogurt

He probably washes his hands before he goes to toilet, too.

>not eating strawberry-flavored yogurt

you're not going to make it

simple !!!

1. little pan
2. scoop 2 spoons of aots , put in pan
3. little glass of water , pour it in .
4. put on fire for 3 min , until it wanna become hard , to take it out.

5. this is extra , you can put extra shit in it , i use honey .
6. dont eat it at nighttime when you wanna sleep.
I EAT IT AT BREAKFAST.

buy some weetabix, it's almost the same macro as oats and take no time to eat

The oats you bought are steamrolled oats and can be eaten straight from the bag. Just add some yoghurt and mix

Mixing with milk is absolutely disgusting. Cooking makes no sense. Anybody that even mentions the word microwave should just straight up off himself

You may want to re-evaluate your existence

This
All non flavored cereal goes into the Mic with whey anyway.
High bran sticks
Bran flakes
Shredded wheat

How do you eat this mushy vomit? You can substitute it with peanut butter or delicious crunchy cereal

I boil some milk, put some cocoa and honey in it, and then pour it over oats. Sometimes I add fruits, or nuts - banana is incredible with oats

I put some milk on the oats until its completely covered, put it in the microwave for about 45 sec on 500W, and done!
Add honey/sweetener for better flavor.