Did a bit of running and I have some pain right here. Is there a stretch or foam rolling that will help it?

Did a bit of running and I have some pain right here. Is there a stretch or foam rolling that will help it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SzrkHz4N8tM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sounds like a shin splint. just got to rest it

Does it feel muscular?

It's probably shin splints, dig your fingers into each side of your shin and just massage the general area, don't return until the pain is completely gone. When I was younger and played soccer I was rendered completely unable to walk because of shinnies, eventually they'll get better and you won't have to deal with it.

Rice

Rest
Ice
Compression
Eviseration

For me balance excersices helped getting rid of them permanently.

Probably the start of a shin splint. If you must run start icing it and take ibuprofen. Invest in some compression sleeves for your calves, they help with recovery

If it is shin splints, and the red circle on the picture suggests it is. Check the shoes you are running in. Old crappy shoes are no good. Get yourself some proper runners, asics or new balance.
Check the surface you are running on, if possible move from concrete to grass for a while.
Check your running form. Are you light on your feet or are you really hitting the floor with each step.

Changing your running form will probably help. It did for me.

buy Asic running shoes from an actual running shop.

This.
But keep in mind everyone is different, use the info graphic as a general guide and tweak it until you comfortable with it.
Anyone who says just keep running until the pain is gone is just get better at it. That or their nerves getting numb

Shin splints. Wait for it to heal, then do the following: youtube.com/watch?v=SzrkHz4N8tM

Ignore the description. This will work.

Kk

Are you still here? I wear green super feet inserts with old pumas but Idk if I need them. I do have fat feet I'm just afraid to walk without them

I do have the same, except it hurts EVERY FUCKING TIME i run more than 50 meters. Thats why i stopped running 2 years ago.

As others have said, sounds like shin splints.

There are steps you can take to avoid it if you haven't tried already. If you're keen on running go to a proper running store and get them to analyze your gait and make sure you have the appropriate footwear. Believe me, it makes an enormous difference (or at least did for me).

You can also try running on different surfaces. If you were just running on concrete sidewalks you might have better luck on the asphalt of the road or a gravel/dirt trail.

I did have the appropriate footwear, i bought it in a Saucony store, where the seller checked my foot, asked me the terrain i plan running on etc etc.

I'll probably stick with cycling though, i didn't really like running anyways. If i want to start running again, ill go and get it checked by a doctor first i guess..

Thanks for the tips anyways!

looks like a compound fracture waiting to happen, bro.

Write out the alphabet in both lower and upper case. Will help to strengthen those muscles

I used to get it every time I ran. Started stretching my calves before bed every night and it stopped happening.

Check/correct form
Strengthen Calves
Stretch properly before running

BlG MlKE used to always say: "If you're just starting out with running, make sure you ease into it, as a beginner doing long distances with high frequency has a great risk of shin splints. Also, fuck manlets"

Words to live by, imho