Why is it i feel sleepy when drinking coffee instead of alert?

Why is it i feel sleepy when drinking coffee instead of alert?

adhd

Don't know

Same dude. I literally just laid in bed drinking some coffee then took a 40 min nap. I don't get it.

take a break from it and see if your body is just too adjusted to it by now

Maybe your body takes the caffeine in different

because you're just alleviating withdrawal

nice tripdubs
but probably because, surprise surprise, not everyone responds in the same way to caffeine

i don't feel anything, other people can't have a coffee after 18:00 cause they won't sleep for the entire night

not really sure what kind of answer you were expecting from us though

Same OP. I drink a pepsi or coke when I feel tried and it doesnt do shit. Same thing with coffee, monster, redbull etc.

Monster puts me to sleep but Redbull jacks me up and makes me beyond hyper. Its weird

>GF buys these ridiculously expensive gourmet coffee beans. Shit smells like heaven when she brews them
>I'm extremely sensitive to caffeine, if I have a cup of coffee after 2PM I won't get a good night's sleep
>She always brews a few cups at 8PM

Lord help me

You probably have ADHD.

yeah, coffee is well known to have paradoxical effects for some people.

if that's how it affects you, just use it as a sleep aid then. use cocaine for stimualtion instead.

Don't drink as much and drink it slower

Drink more water OP
What's that have to do with it

It impresses me that there are still people in this day and age who don't know how to fucking use Google.

I typed "coffee makes me tired" into the search bar, pressed Enter and the first thing that popped up was this:

Caffeine is also a diuretic, so having a lot of it means that you're more likely to become dehydrated. "By the time the caffeine wears off, your hydration levels may be in the tank and the double whammy of caffeine withdrawn and dehydration can take a serious sleepy toll"

It's just that easy.

You don't even have to type anything these days, you can pick up your phone and say "Siri, why am I a mongoloid fuckhead?" and your phone will recite the answer back to you.

The task of retrieving information has been simplified to the point that you don't even have to know how to read, since the gift of literacy is clearly wasted on you anyway.

Yet you still somehow manage to be a completely helpless dunce - choosing instead to squander the privilege of access to an endless pool of information by drowning in the shallow end.

It would have taken you less effort to Google this than to start a new thread here.

But yeah just try to stay hydrated while drinking coffee and you'll offset that sleepy feeling.

Why would it mean I have ADHD?

That level of autism

Bro sometimes you know.. Sometimes people make threads such as these because they want to talk to other people about it and get a review. Maybe it happens to them too and they all had an interesting answer? Maybe OP is jıst collecting information from other peoples eyes

I guess your autism doesnt allow you to look at things from another beings perspective

My mother has to drink coffee before she sleeps. She'll wake up at 1am and brew a pot. The thing is she's been drinking coffee since she was young, and is constantly tired from over work. Maybe you're experiencing something similar to this?

I use weed or shrooms if i want to sleep good.

>mongoloid fuckhead

gg i lost

What a waste of dubdoubles. You can drink a gallon of water a day and it still makes you sleepy. Water is all i drink.

>use cocaine

It has the same effect on me and I don't believe the easy google answer re hydration because it (a) happens quickly and (b) I'm well hydrated, so thanks for nothing dickweed.

My theory is that the people it makes tired have some resistance to the caffeine and are affected by the soothing warm beverage. I definitely find a more pronounced soporific effect from warm coffee than cold.

People with adhd usually get tired or chilled out when taking caffeine

Huh interesting.

The last half of this post was brilliant.

>shrooms to sleep

Good bait

>shrooms to sleep
u wot m8?
Of the dozen of people I know who take shrooms they can't sleep for like 12 hours, even after the initial high has worn off. If I take shrooms and try to sit still for 20 minutes I go nuts, I feel like I have to move or i'll be sick.
I call it "central nervous wanderlust", bretty gay, but all my shroom eating friends agree with the term.

Moo

[citation needed]

Why post at all then? Everything on Veeky Forums could be Googled, just close the fucking board then. Some people just wants to ask specifically the Veeky Forumsbros to have some conversation about a subject of their interest and have feedback with people with whom their share similar lifestyles.

Called body load.
>YW

Ask her to get some decaf as well?

people who are bipolar expierience this

who /literally can't notice a difference between 0 and 1000mg caffeine/ here?

cofeine is crap. Buy pseudophedrine from pharmacy instead or Geranium if its legal in your country.

like, rectal?

10/10 post

>It would have taken you less effort to Google this than to start a new thread here.

This is true for a lot of people actually.

I can drink a cup of coffee and go to bed no problem. Had espresso once and I couldn't sleep till 11 am the next day.

Bullshit. It makes you more focused and as ADHD primarily causes lowered ability to focus you feel more able to focus on things. You still get as speedy as the next guy, it's just the contrast between not being able to focus for more than 10 seconds. You don't get tired.

t. ADHD

Coffee and energy drinks get me really sleep too

>tfw no magic drink to refill batteries with

Caffeine tolerance. Possibly ADD/ADHD and it effects you slightly differently.
40oz of coffee makes me want to nap.

Paradoxical reaction.