Is taking Zinc and Magnesium supplements separately the same as taking ZMA?

Is taking Zinc and Magnesium supplements separately the same as taking ZMA?

ZMA seems to just be the two combined and with a massive premium charged because of the bodybuilding target audience who'll pay whatever for it.

Other urls found in this thread:

mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/zinc/dosing/HRB-20060638
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pls respond

the zinc and magnesium in ZMA supps are in the asparate form and in specific doses, in addition to vitamin b6

admittedly i don't know why the asparate form or the specific doses are mandatory for the supplement to work. someone more science-y than i can take it from here.

Lots of Zinc supps have B6, I suppose the question is dosage.

Ausfag here with the cheapest price per dose in mg (Cenovis Zinc Plus from Chemist warehouse) and these are 25mg Zinc, 2mg Manganese and 10mg B6 per tablet.

Ohh mama

dosage and asparate form though?

zma is so great dude. idk about taking it separate but it gives me the wildest fucking dreams i swear

It's the same. If you look on the back you can just replicate the doses(or run your own). My friend gave me the half of his bottle when he moved and I didn't notice a difference from the $5 bottles I buy at walmart.
the different forms just have to do with how it is absorbed by your body. Other forms absorb easier than others according to studies, but I haven't noticed a difference and have gone back to buying whatever is cheapest.

I take 1 a day because my multi has 15mg zinc and going over 50 is where nasty shit starts happening, allegedly. Nah it's as amino acid chelate. From the little I've read I'm not convinced there's a huge difference between the forms in practical terms, your body will make of it what it will and piss out the rest.

Buy it from your grocery store. Seriously so cheap for zma. Half the price of the bodybuilding manufacturers. If $10 matters to you at all worry about sorting out your finances not your fitness

What grocery?

I'm not from the states so wouldn't know there. Any grocery store will have the health section with 1000 types of vitamins and garbage. It's mass produced so cheaper than mutant etc. Vitamin d is cheap too. Grab that while your at it. The only vitimans I've ever actually found works that isn't placebo.

>mfw i pay less than 7 bucks for a 20 days worth of ZMA here in brazil

I started taking zma a few days ago

My hands feel tingly in my sleep and I feel sluggish when I wake up to go to the bathroom at night.

>The only vitimans I've ever actually found works that isn't placebo.
>vitamin d

Please tell me what supraphysiological effects vitamin d has had on you. Unless you're finish you should just stop shit posting.

I pay like 25 for a 1 year supply, faget

Tingling hands = too much zinc, supposedly. Look up the RDA, make sure you're staying within that

i take the myprotin "house brand" it has zink magnisum and b6i actualy notcied the deeper sleep and stuff till at some point I guess my body reached some sort of saturation point and it kept me from sleeping noiw i take it in the morning

victor conte who invented fucking zma says 40mg is too much so......where you are getting your nutritional information seems to be a gay source

I saw this mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/zinc/dosing/HRB-20060638

Would I need to take anything else other than this once a day to achieve the same results as ZMA? Trying to get the best bang for my buck.