Historically speaking, when did the "Angry White Male" stereotype start, and why...

Historically speaking, when did the "Angry White Male" stereotype start, and why? Was it a product of the disillusionment of the 1970s or did it have an earlier origin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cVBjQotB1Ms
youtube.com/watch?v=IQgzldZDH2U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

New England middle class liberals in the early USA were even more mad about Jackson being elected than they are today about Trump. When Jackson gave voting rights to specifically all adult white males in the country he annihilated the principals of the early republic. The first seeds of the "angry white male" cultural strain were sowed in the propaganda campaigns around the trail of tears and other anti Jackson movements.

So the Middle class liberals were the angry white males? Or were they portraying their pro-Jackson opponents as the angry white males?

>be me
>white male, early adulthood
>hate being white, and cling to my southern European heritage in arguing I am not white.
>smoke weed occasionally
>hate corporations and capitalist based greed
>stand firmly on religious freedom and against Islamophobia, homophobia, and gender equality
>will start fights with anyone spitting white supremacists remarks
also me
>love guns
>hate open border laws and sanctuary cities that allow illegals in without warrant.
>strong opposition to foreigners working and living without proper legal documentation in the USA.
>but still recognize the overwhelming benefits of capitalism in allowing the freedom of capital gain.
>dislike strong central government
>prefer show of prestige by land rather than material.
Where the fuck do I even belong?

In the trash

I was born in the trash m8. Try a better insult

Reminder - southern Europeans are white.

People outside the anglosphere hardly ever think about people as white or black. Our racism is mostly cultural (because we're not retarded)

It goes back even further than that. Often times Lower Class whites living on Carribean plantations would have more hatred for the wealthy mixed "coloreds" and the "big white" landowners than they did the black slaves.

I've been learning about the Haitian revolution, and basically, even though race had NEVER been a thing in French society and non-slave colored or free-man black French colonialists were considered full french citizens at first, rising economic disparities would drive people towards racist leanings, whether to avenge themselves or feel superior on others, or just as a cynical political mechanism to maintain power and influence. Simply put: the black people acted like the dumbest assholes they could to frustrate the whites working them to death on the sugar plantations. The 'Small Whites', that is to say poor working class whites who formed the middle management on the plantations and worked menial jobs for little pay, began to resent mixed race or "colored" citizens who were often wealthier as their families had been on the island for generations. At one point, taking a colored mistress or wife was very fashionable and pragmatic, because it gave you access to a social pipeline of the well heeled and aristocratic (and also because there weren't many women around, it being a plantation colony). It should be noted these wealthy coloreds often owned slaves and treated them no different than the white slave owners did, and were just as if not more against emancipation (at first - the Haitian revolution was pretty confusing).

So I guess I would say "angry white men" started in the colonial period. Though the term was coined in the media in the1990's in reaction to Affirmative Action

Bacon's Rebellion in the 17th century was a revolt by angry white men too.

WE

More? For scientific purposes.

>New England middle class liberals

The "Angry White Male" stereotype is primarily directed at working class rural men whereas New England middle class liberals have to deal with "Soyboy" stereotype. President Jackson was immensely popular among common American people and in many ways was the prototypical "Angry White Male" (why do you think replacing him with Harriet Tubman was such a high priority for lefties?) so claiming his detractors were the origin for the stereotype is misguided.

>tfw no turbo espaƱol gf

Angry white males have always been responsible for most of the important revolutions in history

Hostory.
White males are oppressive but weak. They keep on trying not to lose power, which is both racist and misogynist.

>angry white male
>posts a jew

He's playing an angry white male character.

Of course he is

Which simultaneously answer the original question

this

youtube.com/watch?v=cVBjQotB1Ms

>race had NEVER been a thing in French society

I think you need to do more research

what the *BEEP!* is their problem?!

Falling Down is a shitty dollar store watered down jew edition of Taxi Driver.

Not really, the protagonists are completely different aside from being lonely white males.

Yes, the Falling Down guy is an effeminate corporate civic nationalist cuckold butthurt about his wife.

Post-1960's changes in social attitudes has created a permanent pissed off class of conservative white males. Add in decline of electoral domination and bam.

It's not just conservative whites nowadays.

What the actual fuck is this?
Somebody wake me up...

>why do you think replacing him with Harriet Tubman was such a high priority for lefties?

Because he was a key proponent in the continued abuse and oppression of indigenous peoples?

Reddit.

Take current-year liberalism and superimpose it over any race of people and watch how they respond.

You can say "fuck" in Veeky Forums m8
Its ok.

Welp

On a blog. Fuck off, nobody cares.

Why do they all look like such bugmen?

Because that's what kikes look like.

>fellow white people

Do they not know that's a meme or just not care?

You sure know how to write an unlikeable character, maybe you should look into those scriptwriting threads? I think you could make something really great.

Sweet Visigothic puxxi

Two groups.
1) they don't "get it" or understand what they are
2) they know but they're gambling no one's going to correct their asses on the chance the bid that they're a protected class

>whites are no like jews

Praise Jesus

>mfw bean
>mfw honest to God Spaniard girl mirin' all the time at church

Time for some reverse colonization perhaps? I'm barely native however

You talk to her and court her like a chaste christian boy

Then you get married and fuck her like a shrieking monkey

It can't be further back than colonialism, because before then any 'angry white men' were just 'angry men'.

Was there really anything particularly 'white' about that character, other than incidentally? It's been a while since I have seen it, but it was him basically flipping shit and blaming stuff for his own misfortunes, right?

Spaniard + mestizo = majority iberian

>I'm barely native however

Everyone says that. Nobody believes it.

youtube.com/watch?v=IQgzldZDH2U

>@NeverAgain0666

Most people in general are angry.

They just choose to acknowledge one subset of those people and use it to push a political agenda from time to time.

>hate open border laws and sanctuary cities that allow illegals in without warrant.
>strong opposition to foreigners working and living without proper legal documentation in the USA.

I hope you're fighting for immigration reform and not complaining about MUH JERBS like all the other dickweeds who share those sentiments.

HOLY SHIT exposed hardcore

Im not even much into tall that american larping about who and what is white and all that mumbojumbo.
But fuck me that merchant got rekt.