Alright ya fucks. Question for you, can wearing steel toe boots help you burn fat and gain leg muscle? I mean...

Alright ya fucks. Question for you, can wearing steel toe boots help you burn fat and gain leg muscle? I mean, it would only make sense right? Since they typically weigh like 2-3 times as much as regular shoes and walking around with increased weight should increase calorie burn.

Shut the fuck up you stupid assmuncher

Okay?

Eh. Well yes of course. But it's kinda useless. The caloric loss won't be near as visible as you may think.

Consider you are constantly carrying your body weight. Adding 500 grams of weight won't really affect much, even though it's on your feet.

Also, boots like that support your ankle which means your calves won't be working as much.

They do however look swell as fuck, esspecially with camo-pants.

Dont forget your long hippie hair, piercings and "sick of it all" t-shirt you fucking faggot

Wouldn't ankle weights be smartER and cheaper?

>damaging your joints and your motor skills on purpose for "extra fat burning"
If you want to ruin your joints that bad just go run on concrete.

You got a point. It's just a lot of my fat lies in my legs, but mostly in my thighs. Any tips on shedding fat in the thighs? Right now the nights I work I walk 8-10 miles a night, according to the iPhone's step counter and I don't really notice anything happening to my legs, my waistline yea, I've already dropped a couple sizes since I've started working, but my legs still seem like they're the same as when I started.

>spot reduction in thighs

easy man, just work the groin area more. I recommend masturbating three more times per day on top of your current routine.

There is no such thing as targetted fat burning, it takes time and you can only do something about it by eating below maintenance and continue exercising. Adding more muscle mass to the legs would make your legs burn more calories.
But yeah, adding weight is just going to fuck up your joints. Lose enough weight that you can walk at a brisk pace, then jog, then run, then sprint.

Toplel

I'll keep working on it. Lately I've been eating 1200-1600 a day and up to 2000 when I do drink. But I'll keep doing what I'm doing and try to find time to start lifting and do extra cardio outside of work.

What are your stats? 2000 might be throwing you overboard

Research more into fitness so you don't fall for memes such as spot reduction (which you already fell for) there's a lot of shit that people will parrot bullshit that they hear from others or bad sources. Gotta make mental gains to make muscle gains brah.

Will do, thanks.

I'm 5'9" and 230lbs. 4-5 nights a week I walk 8-10 miles a night, usually lifting/carrying cases usually 10-35lbs each. Once a week I I'll try to do some extra exercise like lifting, but I only have an dumbbell that I put 25lbs on and do bicep and tricep reps and situps/pushups for at least an hour.

At that weight your BMR will be pretty high so I guess for now what you have will work, as long as you make sure they're really within that 1200-1600 range. Intermitent fasting really helped me out losing a lot of initial weight and helps me maintaining when I'm not as active, you might want to give it a try.
Now... I'll assume you're talking about alcohol when you say that you drink. Even if it was juice, liquid calories are pretty much useless and you you need to form a mental barrier and have the willpower to exclude them from your diet.

The dumbbells you have wont be doing much if you can do more than 10-15 reps but it's good that you go for walks and you do pushups and situps.

And just like said, do try to read up on non-bs material so that you can move forward with your goals.

Doesn't sound like you have access to a gym, like said the 25lb dumbell wont do much for you once you can easily get past ~15 reps. Look into a calinsthetics workout routine, most you'll need extra is a pull up bar. Ideally if you can, go to a gym though.

Thanks for the advice. And yea, as of right now I don't have access to a gym, short on funds and trying to keep up with bills. But I'll try to start to supplement my depression with exercise instead of alcohol.

>They do however look swell as fuck, esspecially with camo-pants
Ishygddt

Alcohol isn't he cure for anything, the only thing that kept me afloat after a bad breakup was work, exercise and goals. Having no money to go to a gym isn't a problem either as long as you stay focused on your mission. Establish dated goals, log your progress and don't make up excuses for skipping workouts.
Personally, I use Google Fit to log my workouts and I use programs that sync to it so that everything is in one place.
I'm also trials to join the Air Force coming soon, so that's added motivation.

Lifting does wonders for depression, definitely helped mine. Boosts your self confidence too. And once you can go to a gym financially, don't let anxiety hold you back. In my experience people are super nice and willing to help. I've fucked up on that last rep of benching and had to drop the weights to the sides, super embarrassing but people didn't laugh they just came over to make sure I was ok and to see if I needed help. Had another person compliment my squat form, don't buy into the meat heads are assholes meme. Just remember we're all gonna make it brah.

My calves have gotten noticeably bigger after wearing my Timberlands almost everyday. Are some of you really dumb enough to just think about the weight of the boot and not the shape/where the weight is? If you haven't worn boots before your input is retarded looool

Pic related, some of the people in this thread