Why do my parents (especially my mother) seem to actively be against me losing weight?

Why do my parents (especially my mother) seem to actively be against me losing weight?

You intimidate them with the thought of being healthy

Because they are gains Goblin

Are they overweight? If so than it's probably a case of "crabs in a bucket" syndrome.

Cynic here; they love you just the way you are and don't want you setting yourself up with potentially unrealistic expectations.

Because they think you are stupid and you're gonan hurt yourself.

Lol

posible reasons
>youe are being too extreme
>you are being annoying with this
>maybe they cant afford the money or time to deal with different meals for the family
>they dont trust whatever regimen you are trying

inb4
>my parents hate me

Because they'll have to admit that they actually ruined most of your life when they'll see you become happier with the fat going away.

Because then they can't play out the muh genetics card by pointing at their fatty kid.

Also, it is probably because fat acceptance has become a pseudo-religion.

In their mind "there's nuffin wrong with being fat, it's perfectly normal and healthy" and fit lean people are part of an anti-fat people conspiracy.

Maybe you should ask them instead of a Mongolian throat-wrestling discussion site. What do they do that's against you losing weight? Force feed you cake while you sleep?

People actually think there is a fat conspiracy

parents are going to RIP one day and thus want you to love them. What is the easiest way to do it? To indulge your desires, you wanted to eat sh**ty food?-Here you are, anything for your happiness.

But now, by loosing weight, you put everything upside down. You make it look like they didn't care for you and your whims, and now they can't make you happy the easy way like before.

So they want you to stop and go to your previous ways, so they can feel in peace with themselves because all their life they made you happy.

Because she wants to feel like you need her to be strong/stronger

So shouldn't explaining to them sincerely that you want to lose weight and look sexy is what makes you happy be able to convince them?

>sh**ty

why do you care?

>Force feed you cake while you sleep?
yes

It makes them think that they also should lose weight, or should have in the past.
I have a friend who's grossly obese, and he was a total bitch when I was on a diet. Always bringing out candy every time I visit.
"it's great that you're trying to get fit user, but you don't have to suffer for it"
>i wasn't suffering until you brought up this shit

Damn guys I don't know how you put up with this shit. My parents always encouraged me to play sports or be active in some way for at least 9 months out of a year. Never anything but supportive when I started lifting. Mom used to run marathons.

I can't imagine good parents doing anything that goes against their kid getting healthier.

Could be several reasons
>they don't want you to be better then them or have more success or whatever

>it could make them look bad (it makes them self conscious, puts them in a bad light etc

>they want you to be fat lazy slob that nobody likes so you'll forced to stick around with them forever as they are dependent upon you

because your mother is a fat bitch