Veeky Forums, how do you motivate yourself to workout? what mindset do you use to approach overcoming being uninspired...

Veeky Forums, how do you motivate yourself to workout? what mindset do you use to approach overcoming being uninspired? I've been meaning to finally start workout and I have no more things that prevent me from putting it aside. so any advice?

Put it this way: the time you'd spend working out or not working out is going to pass regardless of which you choose. If you work out during that time, even if you have to force yourself, then at the very least you've accomplished something. You can lie down as you go to sleep and think 'You know what? Today I did something productive. Tomorrow Ill do the same.'.

When you have nothing to feel good about in your life, you make things to feel good about. Even if that's setting down a milestone and forcing yourself to step on it.

Now go lift something.

my waifu motivates me

>tfw no gf

i feel that way sometimes. lifting feels like another chore. but keep going on dont stop. bring a friend with you. my dad started coming to the gym with me and its more fun somewhat. he has heart problems because he is fat. me and him go EVERYDAY.

Thanks that's what I needed

Putting on metaphorical blinders and breaking it down into baby steps.

I'm not going to the gym. I'm just changing. Now putting on shoes. Now in car. Now at gym. Now a exercise 1. Etc.

It's literally"just do it."

It's called discipline you cuck

>how do you motivate yourself to workout?

I know if I miss my workout I'll feel like shit the next day and beat myself up over it for being a little bitch.

Get to the gym and get that fucking pump bro

That's dedication on his part.

for me anyway extreme self hatred about being a skinnyfag and looking like a middle schooler drives me to want to lift and binge eat. At some point you start to see hitting the gym as part of your routine of being a grown ass man who wants to be strong. Humans have been exercising since the beginning and you should be no exception. The gym is a holy place where you're there solely to get stronger. It's just you vs. you and no one else there matters. Being content and stagnating is being mediocre

here's a meme picture that may or may not help

>tfw your dad is too old and beat up from years of labor to hit the gym with you

Remember that time Stacy asked you to kiss her and when you leaned in she ran off laughing? For the rest of third grade everyone bullied you and you haven't had a chance to kiss a girl since. WELL FUCK YOU STACY I CAN SQUAT 4.5 pl8 YOU STUPID BITCH JUST BECAUSE I'M A 34 YEAR OLD SINGLE VIRGIN THAT SPENDS ALL THEIR TIME LIFTING OR GETTING DRUNK BY MYSELF IN MY PARENTS BASEMENT DOESN'T MEAN WHAT YOU DID WAS OK YOU FUCKING CUNT

That's why I lift

i spent the last two years playing MMO's.
i found the most self entitled, retarded and disgusting human being online.
one day i thought "these fatsos are so full of shit, what the fuck are they proud of?"
then i realized that i am one of them, doing the same shit day after day and wasting my time.
i came to this enlightment 6 weeks ago, then i found /fit and it clicked.
that's why i lift, i don't want to be one of them anymore.

I'm addicted to it

A good workout is a high, and the only time I can ever relax is on the comedown.

>I just started lifting: the post

Lifting is not some grand test of will. It's 5-10 hours a week of lifting things and putting them down. stop acting like some kind of shaolin monk that has dedicated every waking moment to mastering your body

It's fucking comical

Maybe getting Veeky Forums just isn't for you OP

>5-10 hours a week

You have to make training a habit; like smokers do with cigarettes

For me was a girl, she was exercising and I was a skinny dude so I was a little embarrassed that she was dating me so I decided to stop being a weak bitch and do something

tits are my motivation as well. For the womb to the tomb.

Motivate? I have no motivation. I just go to the gym and do my set and go home. Then do it again. The gyms cool, and almost fun. It's called willpower. The will to want to be better

If you want something bad enough, you just do it

/thread

I do it for her

Honestly buddy, I just force myself to get there as soon as possible. I go run at a park with a track, so I have to actually get workout clothes on, shoes, get in my car, and drive there. It's only three miles away, and yet I always struggle to go and make it there. So once I get it in my mind, I just mindlessly start throwing on clothes, and tune everything out. By the time I "snap to" or whatever, I'm already out the driveway so I may as well get it done. I have my weights in the back yard, same thing minus the driving. Just go, don't think about it, just fucking do it.

The worst part is I fucking love the feeling when I'm pinned under some heavy ass weight. Not knowing if I'm gonna finish the set, especially when I've added weight like today, (SL THE PRESS 135 5x5) is a feeling I can't describe. The feeling of pushing through with proper form...fuck. After I'm done and my legs are a little shaky I feel fucking amazing. Same thing when I'm running. Tfw sanic speed at the track takes my breath away in more ways than one. It's a high you have to experience to understand. I look at randoms on the track and think, "ok I'm going to catch up to them, keep pace, and then outrun them." I don't always make it, but there are regulars there, and when I do make it, sometimes some of them see that and do that little head nod shit you do when you greet someone. Good feel bro.

I'm like that with everything. Once I'm into a book, I can't stop reading. Once I get into a painting, I go full autismo until I finish or I fall asleep at my desk. I just always lack the motivation to start. That's what makes it hard. But sometimes you just have to create that little spark to jolt your ass up, and the rest flows from you because you know you must do it.

I fucking miss her, bros.

I keep pictures of my old self around.
So when I'm on the treadmill and I've gone for 50 minutes and think about quitting, I look at the picture and go another 10.
I hate myself so much and want to change every single thing about me.

That's normal.

its addicting.just feeling my muscles stretch,tear,and struggle is all the motivation i need.its E U P H O R I C desu.

lifting for any other reason is gay.like smoking just to fit in.

i dont have motivation but it gives me motivation to live like i have something to look forward to in life, its just in my gene code that i enjoy working out and going to the gym

who is this fluid druid

Lifting is my hobby i don't need anything to keep me motivated. It's like saying what is your motivation to go fishing or play a sport it's not motivating it's just your desire to do those things. And if you don't desire to get fit then nothing will make you do it.

8 months in lifting

1. gf mirin all the time
2. rage
everyday i look at the fat hate threads to motivate me
3. fear
one year ago i saw 2 guys (i bullied them in school) both are ripped af

+ only workout at home so its just 4 hours toatl in a week (no way to gym etc)