Why is it that the healthier you eat the worse your farts smell?

why is it that the healthier you eat the worse your farts smell?

What the fuck does healthy mean?

well in this case lots of vegetables, lots of fiber, not much red meat, avoiding processed junk

More fiber so bacteria in your gut has more stuff to break down, producing more complex aromas

>not much red meat
Doing this is gonna be hard, if you eat chicken too often you'll get sick out of your mind.

And meat alternatives have soy, which will give you gyno.
Farts won't mean shit(Pun intended) when you fuck your body up wit that diet

They shouldn't smell at all. A healthy diet doesn't feed putrefactive bacteria.

>if you eat chicken too often you'll get sick out of your mind.

explain pls

who's this boner toner?

How is eating chicken too much going to make anyone sick? Ive been eating chicken breast everyday for 2 years and I feel fine. Do you mean sick of chicken?

I don't eat any of the hippie foods, chicken and occasional fish is just fine for me. I'm not aware of any downsides to this, I still eat beef once or sometimes twice a week.

>Out of the 70 samples of chicken from the Delhi-NCR region tested for six commonly used antibiotics, around 40 percent tested positive. There were residues of more than one antibiotic in 17 percent of the samples.positive. There were residues of more than one antibiotic in 17 percent of the samples.

Consuming large amounts of chicken everyday will make you immune to antibiotics, meaning if you ever need to use antibiotics when you have an infection you'll have to fight it alone.

So it won't get you sick, but if you do get seriously sick and you've been eating STORE BOUGHT chicken! You're screwed.

It's god's reward for doing good.

Sounds like hippy bullshit

Oh well, I eat a healthy enough diet. If I somehow get a massive infection and die it was meant to be.

>comparing india to the civilized world
why?

I'm taking my chances lmao

>And meat alternatives have soy, which will give you gyno.

estrogen-laden meat is more likely to do that than estrogen-free soy

How do you know if a soy is estrogen free?
Which is more cost effective?

>from india

Ausfag here, I've eaten 300-350 grams of chicken breast (one whole breast from the woolworths/aldi jumbo packs) almost every single day for dinner for the last 13 or 14 months and I got a mild cold once. Try not shitting in your streets.

(google translate)
>What is the situation then in Finland?
>In Finland, the use of antimicrobials, or antibiotics in animal production has always taken a much more cautious than elsewhere in Europe.
>According to the recommendations of the antibiotics used in the treatment of a disease, not a preventive measure and not en masse.
>"If bacteria are bombarded all the time with antibiotics, the bacteria quickly find gene combinations that make them antibiotics useless," says Professor Sinikka Pelkonen, Evira's Veterinary Unit.
>fruit of the Finnish strategy now will be collected in animal production which is very clean compared to Europe.
>For example, statistics collected by the Association for Animal Disease Prevention, no Finnish broiler has received any antibiotic in the past three years.
>Drug-free chicken farming dates back more than 40 years.
>"The fact that in Finland succeed in the production of broilers almost entirely without antibiotics, mean that central and southern Europe is wildly afford to reduce."

>no Finnish broiler has received any antibiotic in the past three years.

How does it feel living in third world countries? I'm enjoying my clean chicken over here.

>Try not shitting in your streets.
They had a pack of 50 dogs eat a woman, shit is not their concern right now desu senpai

I'd be hungry too if I wasn't able to eat chicken.

a single chicken breast is 300 grams? what kind of chicken are you eating?

There's a pretty big variance in weight, but the minimum size in the 4 packs is 200g. I buy the macro free range chicken breast 3 or 4 packs.

here chicken is typically sold in packs of 3 that according to the packaging weigh "~550g" so 185g per breast

soy isn't an animal so it doesn't have estrogen. it has weak estrogen-like compounds that block real estrogen from going into estrogen receptors.

Aus food quality is literally top tier. Feelsgoodman

this.

When I go clean for a whole week at least, my shits do not smell at all.

Somehow, you are doing it wrong OP

I get all my chicken, eggs, milk and most my veggies from my grandpas farm up in the hills: he doesn't use any pesticides or antibiotics, the water comes from a mountain stream above any major roads or settlements, the nearest highway is 1km below and 10km away from his farm, not a single living soul lives above him. All his fertilizer comes from my granduncles herds which graze in the same area. The worst thing likely to contaminate my food is bear-shit.

Honestly, health wise I don't feel much of a difference from when I was eating mostly industrial food. Completely organic eggs smell much worse than the mass-produced ones, though. The chicken also has a slightly gamey aftertaste.

Nothing like fruit and veg out of the ground though. It's quite different.

it's probably the supplements I'm taking tbph

>producing more complex aromas

this sounds so nice and good in theory but smells so bad in reality

Honestly, it's quite an adjustment after eating processed shit for so long.
>At first the smell of the eggs is really overwhelming, they also have a much stronger taste - not worse just more egglike.
>The chicken aftertaste you get used to fairly quickly. A tiny bit like game bird.
>The milk tastes too strong for a couple months and even afterwards I sometimes wish for some nice tetrapack "milk," pasteurizing it yourself is also a bit of a hassle.
>The fresh cheese very nice but no gauda or emmentaler so I can't compare that.
>The occasional beef is light-years better than anything you can buy at the supermarket or even butcher.
>The veggies are a bit sorry looking compared to the shiny supermarket versions but the taste is good, if a bit different. Same goes for fruit.
>The honey (wild hazelnut, wild mountain flowers etc.) is divine.
Overall, I now understand how much of the "organic" food is clearly a fraud. And even if I sometimes get a craving for bland industrial food - the moment I eat it I literally can taste the chemicals, almost like someone has poured a bit of paint thinner or glue in it. Processed meat like salamis and hot dogs are unpalatable to me now.

My dad grew up on a farm until he went to university and thinks muslims are disgusting aliens but you still have twice as many problems as he does with industrial food. I'd say you're just convincing yourself the regular small difference between different brands or sources of food are terrible and that your particular variation is normal. I especially can't agree with you on honey, just buy different kinds until you find the right one. But who knows, maybe food is just shit in your city.

The "tastes like paint thinner" thing mostly applies to meat products, and it is very noticeable, then again:
>Live in Bosnia
>A lot of the food that doesn't conform to EU standards gets shipped to us.
>Health and food inspectors are some of the most corrupt people in the country.
>Expired foods regularly get repackaged.
Ironically, the food we export is top notch, but we eat all the expired or unsafe crap that gets dumped on us or booted from foreign markets. My dad also grew up on a farm and he can't stand the taste of any store bought meat, even if you don't tell him he notices.

>Processed meat like salamis and hot dogs are unpalatable to me now.
you do realize anyone can make their own salami? just because you buy the worst crap they put on shelves doesn't mean the dish is bad. most people who own a farm and have animals make sausages and they're amazing. saying you can't eat sausage after being used to organic home grown food is like saying you can't eat a casserole or a stew. sausages like salami are just a dish affected by the quality of the ingredients like anything else.

>"Processed meat has been placed into Group 1 as the scientific evidence says it definitely does cause cancer." - WHO
>Processed meaning treated with chemicals to extend shell life or taste (usually to mask additives like sinew, fat, soy etc.)

>just because you buy the worst crap they put on shelves doesn't mean the dish is bad
I specifically said I was comparing industrial processed food and organic stuff and you come out and say "yeah, but the processed stuff is crap." That was my point. Obviously mincing up some grass fed beef, with added spices and smoked in by an experienced person is not the same as buying the stuff on the average supermarket. Again, that is exactly my point.

What is processed meat?
Processed meat has been modified to either extend its shelf life or change the taste and the main methods are smoking, curing, or adding salt or preservatives.
>or
Processed meat includes bacon, sausages, hot dogs, salami, corned beef, beef jerky and ham as well as canned meat and meat-based sauces.

sausage made in your back yard is just as much "processed meat" as one made in a factory. processed just means it's gone through a process to alter it from its natural state. grinding it into a tube with spices and letting it hang is processing meat.

all processed meat is harmful including smoked or salted meats. that includes that "organic ham" form the high-end deli. even food that has been cooked at medium/high temperatures is harmful.

the only truly healthy meat is meat that has been cooked at low temperature, fresh from the butcher, grass fed and free of antibiotics and artificial hormones. that is about 5% of all meat consumed. that's not the bottom of the barrel crap, that's the super-majority of meat.

we were talking about taste

I study nutrition and i can guarantee you that this is not suppsed to happen. A healthy diet should theoretically support a healthy gut flora.

The main reason for this however, is fiber. I see it very very likely that you eat relatively too much protein compared to fiber. (i am not saying that someone who lifts shouldnt eat alot of protein, i am saying that upping your vegetable and fruit intake might do you some good).

Its also quite normal for your guts to need some time to adjust. The bacterial flora doesnt change overnight. So if you suddenly start to increase your protein intake etc, its quite normal to have a period of horrible farts. Just make sure you eat enough vegetables and whole grain things.

The reason why this works is that fiber supports bacteria who convert gas into non fart stuff. They basicly "neutralize farts". These bacteria also to other usefull stuff, but in regards to farts, thats about whats they do.

The WHO research shows that people who eat alot of processed meat have exactly 0,8% chance more risk of colon cancer. However, none of the research dont to back this up actually isolated meat from other food. So we have no way of knowing wether it is the meat that causes this, or that perhaps.. people who eat more (processed) meat might also just eat more of everything in general.

So basicly, we dont even know for sure if its the meat, and even if we do, its a 0,8% increased chance of 1 specific type of cancer.

Tbh.., ill take my chances and keep eating whatever meat i want.

I eat 200g of oats a day. oats have fiber, right?

When I say "processed meat" I assume its understood as "industrially raised and chemically treated." Quality meat mixed with spices and dried/salted/etc. is a "meat product" in my language.

Procesuirano/tretirano meso = processed/treated meat.
Mesni proizvod = meat product.

>hot dogs
I never, ever found hot-dogs that aren't full of crap. That is pretty much universally understood as "low quality semi-raw sausage."

This guy is literally a fucking retard and probably can't bench, squat, or diddly lmao1pl8 and most likely watches Dr Oz for his diet advice based on his info and sourcing

>Its also quite normal for your guts to need some time to adjust. The bacterial flora doesnt change overnight
I've been drinking kefir every day for about two weeks now, how long would it take until my gut is "converted"?

Yep but fiber should be a percentage of your carbs. If you eat like 400 grams of carbs a day and 200 of that is shit then you have room for improvement.

Yoghurt products definitly supports a good gut microbia, but it doesnt mean that its a wonder product. You still need to eat sufficient fruits and vegetables. Its really hard to say how long it takes to adjust. Id say something like days or weeks.

Also, licking the anus from someone with a better gut flora than you helps. (this is actually not a joke, there's also things like poo transplants) So now you have a valid reason to lick fitgirls asses.

I eat 200g of oats and around 500g of vegetables so that's like what 200g of carbs and when you add in rice, milk and the little bits from morning orange juice etc. it goes up to maybe 300? maybe a little more idk. I still think I should have fiber under control.

Well I do blend it with frozen berries, but I've been slacking on the vegetables and fruits recently. Fruit especially is very expensive where I live.

>So now you have a valid reason to lick fitgirls asses.
Didn't need one in the first place m8

Orange juice is very bad, white rice is pretty bad compared to brown. Milk carbs are bad too. Switch to brown rice and the carbs you drink will be pretty much negligible.

fiber makes you fart and is a meme. all you need is grass fed beef. I ate nothing but whole chickens and grass fed beef for 3 months and did not fart once, never felt bloated or retained water, and only pooped one small effortless poop once a week or so. contrary to popular belief there is literally nothing unhealthy about this.

>grass fed

>I ate nothing but fat and protein for this period of time therefore this carb is not better than other carbs

Welcome to Veeky Forums

Your farts smell bad when your digestion is bad. Hence your "healthy" diet doesn't seem so healthy.

but it tastes like ass :(

>fiber makes you fart and is a meme
There are specific types of fiber called oligosacharides (found in beans etc) that do infact produce alot of gas when fermented. However, as ive explained before, if your gut flora is "good" enough, youll have plenty of other bacteria that neutralise these gasses before you fart them out.

I love brown rice. Try a burrito if you want an idea of how well cooked brown rice tastes. If it's still not your thing then it's not a big deal. I prefer brown to white and eating clean is above eating tasty on my priority list, so I always recommend it, but it's not essential.

If anything food companies in the USA are less supervised than those in India, lol. It's fucked up what americans have to eat.

He said civilised world.

I'll give it a shot. It's possible my hatred of brown rice stems from school cafeteria food as a kid.

Definitely possible, I didn't even know it existed before I started caring about my diet. I grew up in slav land where the only carbs we eat are bread and potatoes.

Man, I can complain about our politicians, but at least food is still pretty good in Poland.

Because

Bulgaria too, the big corporations do not invade countries with no money. You can go to a corner shop in a village and they hatch their own eggs, grow their own vegetables half the year.

where do you live? I'm a slav too and we eat a lot of rice, even though it's true that bread and potatoes are the most common food

by the way do you know about mangold? I can't find anything about it

Mangold is just fancy beetroot. I ate rice but never brown rice for whatever reason. I live in Australia now, so I eat lots of different shit.

>white rice is shit
Can someone please stop this meme

It's a bit worse. I don't believe there's a big difference between carbs but white rice is near the bottom of the complex carb scale and brown is near the top.

Uma they have insane choice a still choose to eat garbage. What's your point here?

it gut floraening

>want my cum to taste sweet for my girl
>juice is way too high in sugar and I'd rather not have to fuck up my macros for it

What the fuck should I do?

you're right dude. chicken + rice + broccoli is the no-no combo

you don't need to drink that much of it
the whole reason pineapple juice makes your cum taste sweet is the sugar

I thought it was the citric acid, not the sugar.

If given the choice people will buy cheaper. My point is majority of americans don't eat any better than indians. But because americans are relatively wealthy, they get fat as fuck, when a lot of indians are starving.

I am escaping skelly mode.
Made peace with the fact that each and single of my meals now taste like absolute shit.
Already put on 5 kilos. Clean and rigorous diet works.
NO EXCUSES!

what the fuck are you talking about? flavor of food starts to suffer when you're hardcore cutting, not when you're trying to put on weight. there's no reason to eat anything that tastes bad if you're bulking

I never liked eating.
I don't like taste of milk, natural yoghurt, brown rice, honey... I could go on.
But I am eating all of this now, A LOT.
Guess it's a personal thing, but it's not that my cooking skills suck. It's that I do not like the taste of the best foods for bulking.
But I'd rather stop looking like holocaust victim than stop eating because of "muh feels".

white rice is much better for bulking than brown rice is. only reason to eat brown rice is to cut down on calories.

You better not be memeing me because I'm gonna look at dem macros next time I do my groceries.
Is the same true for pasta?
I basically moved to brown rice/pasta 100% because of how often Veeky Forums would speak about it.

brown rice fills you up in smaller amounts due to fiber and low glycemic index etc. that's why it's eaten when cutting to keep the hunger away

white rice is a cheap easily prepared source of calories that's tasty and easy to eat lots of. it's good for consuming more than you expend which is what bulking is

Thanks for explaining user.
Really, amazing how much of basic stuff you can miss nowadays.

>so soy is good for building muscle

>not reveling in the stench of your farts

I'm vegan, allergic to soy, and get over 150 grams of protein a day without supplements. Grains, legumes, and nuts are enough.
Besides, I'd be more worried about the xenoestrogens in meat than in phytoestrogens