Why do people struggle so much with cutting Veeky Forums...

Why do people struggle so much with cutting Veeky Forums? I've just been eating a couple hundred calories under maintenance for the past few weeks and dropped 15lbs. Just takes a bit of self-control is all

Other urls found in this thread:

bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorie
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2964201/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

People associate sweet tasting things with happiness.

Some people struggle to cut, some people struggle to cut... just worry about yourself.

don't wanna get weak and smol

weed

I have trouble pooping while bulking, but try a poop while cutting? Fuggidaboudit

Depends on the persons bodyfat set point and how lean they are/want to get. If they have flexibility in their diet or are overly rigid. Endless factors including medical conditions like PCOS. Maintenance is a moving number its not a fixed one. Rapid weight loss depending on where you're starting from can cause higher lbm loss. Don't ask stupid fucking questions with endless variability.

just eat some fiber rich foods lad

>drops water weight
>thinks this will continue

oh boy

I like to get really high and eat everything in my house :(, back to the sweatsuits for me!

fuck that, too much effort

just drink psyllium husk powder, it's probably the second best supplement for lifters after protein powder

That's because you are autistic with lack of empathy, your brain can't really understand anything beyond your own feelings and current situation

I've been consistently losing weight over the last month and a half, any water weight would have been lost after the first week or so

I was cutting and not able to get all of my calories because of being busy, was eating like 700 cals. Then I started trying really hard to reach 1200cals (which is what i was cutting at from the beginning, lost 34lbs doing this) and I am now gaining weight (a pound or two). From eating 1200cals. Cutting isn't hard but it sure can be frustrating.

Eating makes me happy and tastes great

I don't have anything else in my life to occupy time or make me happy

So I eat until it's time to eat again

Not really, it depends on how fast you lose glycogen

you're going to hit a wall where you're losing barely 1 pound a week or less - this is when you've ACTUALLY lost all the water weight

You seem to be knowledgeable, do you know why is happening? I gained 1.5lbs

Start smoking

you're retaining water

there's a theory that fat cells get temporarily filled with water when you lose fat quickly, I'm not sure if that's true, but it does seem like people who diet extremely tend to retain more water

Just eat a normal amount of calories, don't go overboard, you'll still lose fat, even if you retain water. Don't worry about 1.5lbs, that's literally a bowel movement, wtf.

You're not eating 700 calories or 1200 calories. You're tracking wrong and/or not using a food scale.

Nope. Not tracking wrong at all m80. Use a scale and myfitnesspal app. It's not my tracking abilities.

bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/

I'm a 5'6 gril, so idk if 1.5lbs is a bowel movement. I was at 134.5lbs on the 21st and now I'm at 136lbs. I was just trying to eat a healthier amount of calories, idgi. Do I have to continue to starve myself on 700 calories and under?

Guarantee its your tracking. Children eating more than 700kcal a day. A grown adult eating 700kcal is only 200kcal above the Minnesota starvation experiment. Or you're a morbidly obese woman with PCOS. Which i doubt so most likely you're just dumb.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that sometimes /SOMETIMES/ it's not as simple as cals in cals out. Fuck yeah 90% of people are just fat DYEL losers who don't wanna actually work, but there is a small percentage of people, people who could more than likely be on this board looking for an actual answer for something, who IS tracking cals to a T and nothings fucking happening. There's no need to be cynical and jaded, there are honest people out there.

People raised with a big appetite always feel hungry, and eating tasty foods causes a dopamine response.

It gets hard to ignore for people who have been doing it for decades.

It has nothing to do with being honest. You can simply be making a mistake like serving size. Or adding mfp items that aren't the right macros for the item. Or not including condiments. Or being in denial about that weekend binge or random drinks. Weight loss is an energy balance if you don't want to accept science go call dr oz for some bullshit supplement.

I cut at 1300 calories down from 2700 calories because cutting rapes my metabolism. I will not lose ANY weight at 2000 at all, I'll just be a little colder and a little sadder. I just try to get it out of the way in like 8-10 weeks instead of half-assing it for like half a year.

No, you don't, if you eat below maintenance you'll lose weight eventually. 1.5 lbs is nothing, I am sometimes 5 lbs heavier because of random variation. (200lbs guy, though)

it is cals in and cals out, all the complications arise from cals in changing or cals out changing

or people not understanding that weight != tissue necessarily

> there is a small percentage of people, people who could more than likely be on this board looking for an actual answer for something, who IS tracking cals to a T and nothings fucking happening

They have discovered perpetual motion? They don't need to eat anything to exist? Quick, let the scientists know about this, this is huge!

I would be like 5% bodyfat if I lost 15lbs.You're a fatass who is far from true lean who struggles to lose the last pounds.

They understand.
They simply want an excuse to eat garbage, and the food company shills need the "eat anything as long as it fits the calorie budget" lie to keep their bottom line as fat as their customers bottoms.

Can guarantee it is not my tracking, I clearly am just above the starving line because I'm tired and irritable daily. That was the main reason for me to try and hit 1200 cals instead of 600-700, to improve my mood and be healthier while cutting. I track everything I eat by using a scale and the app, only drink water, and lift+do cardio. I should be losing weight, and I was-- lost 34lbs-- but now I've gained 1.5lbs after trying to hit 1200 cals.

Gtfo, you ruined my post you fatass. I don't need you to white knight for me.

If you're irritable and tired, take a break from dieting hard and eat maintenance. You should maintain about the current weight +/- 5 lbs for a few weeks and your mood will improve.

It might actually improve your metabolism to take a break from dieting for a little bit.

I'm not having an issue dude, relax, and I don't mean specifically you either, it's just sometimes I feel like there will be someone who's legitimately doing the right thing and it's just too much of a meme to believe it's not just some 150kg fatass trying to shill us. Idk, maybe I'm just a sucker.

Your metabolism doesn't get raped. You just get smaller and require less calories. However, some people have finicky weight loss particularly women. Due to menstrual cycle and other factors.
In what amount of time did you gain 1.5 lbs? How old are you, what is your training like, can you give me a sample of what you eat daily. Have you gone to the doctor to check for any thyroid problems?

I get smaller, yes, from 198 lbs to 188lbs. Clearly that's what makes a difference in nearly 700 calories, it's losing some water weight and a bit of fat. Since those things take up so many calories to sustain when I sit on my ass all day.

Hilarious. I'm not talking about a 10 lb weight loss and in your case since you do sit on your ass and most likely have little muscle mass you don't require much energy. Has nothing to do with your metabolism getting raped.

August 21st I was 134lbs, today i weighed in at 136lbs after trying to reach 1200 cals each day in between the 21st and today, I didnt even reach it either days.. but I came closer than usual.
I go to the gym every other day, lift (as best as I can at such an extreme deficit), and do cardio (running using couch to 5k or biking and doing intervals of high intensity biking-- not just steady state, also swimming at least once a week)

Pic related was my breakfast yesterday when I was trying to reach a higher calorie intake. Lunch was a 3 egg white, spinach, swiss omelette with sriracha. Dinner was 6oz chicken breast with bbq. I track the condiments, measure them out too to make sure I'm using exactly a teaspoon or tablespoon. I hit 115gs protein yesterday, 20g fat, 57g carbs. 835 calories for the day (which is way too little but better than before and closer to the 1200cals I am trying to reach)

Do you think I possibly gained muscle because of 115gs protein?? I didn't lift yesterday but I did bike with intervals of high intensity-- could that build any muscle? I doubt I gained 1.5lbs of muscle though.

and some people struggle to cut

>Has nothing to do with your metabolism getting raped.

But when I'm maintaining I eat 2700 calories and gain absolutely no weight long term.

When I diet, I lose absolutely no weight on 2000 calories either.

So basically from 2000-2700 calories my body just maintains the same weight because it can adjust my body temperature accordingly.

I'm also 6'4" so I'm decently lean (under 20% bf)

I still need to go below 1500 to cut in a serious way

my weight can vary as much as 5lbs day to day, don't worry about 2lbs

worry about losing 20lbs in 20 weeks from now (+/- 3lbs)

No, muscle gain is a slow process. You didn't gain anything except water weight in the course of 2 days. In the future weigh yourself everyday and get a 7 day running average. Do it consistently every morning after using the bathroom that way you avoid freaking out over water weight fluctuations due to higher carb/sodium intake. If weighing yourself every morning like that makes you neurotic then track your weight every month and adjust your intake accordingly. For condiments using the food scale. Using cups or spoons is never accurate. For example a tbsp of peanut butter leveled vs moundish can vary in calories dramatically.

I level all of my condiments off when measuring, but I will use my scale instead from now on. I haven't pooped today desu senpai, do you think there's 1.5lbs of stuff in my bowels? I can't imagine it'd be a full 1.5lbs.

I doubt it lol but you never know. Regardless like i said your weight gain is most likely water weight. Don't panic.

calories have different textures and getting burned mechanisms. easier to burn calories from carbs, harder if you got fat from protein or fat. so u can eat 2500 calories from carbs and not get fat if you are active, or eat 2000 calories with no carbs and be active, but dont loose any weight.

Lol no, I was pretty lean anyway, I've just lost some extra fat and minimum muscle. We're not all manlets like you

>broscience

> calories have different textures

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorie

> easier to burn calories from carbs, harder if you got fat from protein or fat. so u can eat 2500 calories from carbs and not get fat if you are active, or eat 2000 calories with no carbs and be active, but dont loose any weight.

No shit, because carbs get stored as glycogen and you can glycogen deplete yourself in like two hours

but you have a limit of fat loss per day, generally something like 100g and decreasing as you get leaner (since you have less fat cells to burn fat from)

Calories themselves don't have "textures"
you can eat a high carb diet and gain fat, you know - it will still be the dietary fat you ate, even if you only ate 30g of it that day it might be all stored if you eat a high carb diet

ever heard about oats you dumb fuck???

Thank you, I appreciate it. I guess I'll just go extra hard biking and lifting today and hope it sorts itself out.

it takes a whole cup of oats to get like 15g of fiber, homie

I'm not eating a cup of oats just to get to like HALF of the fiber I need for the day

I'd rather just take 15g of fiber supps

You're beyond fucking stupid. Different textures? are you a fucking walking retard meme? Protein is more metabolically expensive but you would have to consume it in greater quantities to see any benefit and that would depend on your lifestyle and overall intake. Fat is the easiest macronutrient for our bodies to store as fat. How someone handles insulin depends on their age,lifestyle,genetics so how high or low someones carb intakes need to be varies drastically. Regardless weight loss is energy balance so if you eat less you will lose weight. Regardless of macronutrient composition you fucking moron.

When you see water weight gains due to sodium/carb intake changes. There's no need to compensate with more exercise. Like i told you wait 7 days then average the weight. If you're gaining reduce your intake by a small amount like 200kcal if you're not gaining then increase. Or adjust in whatever direction your goals align with. There's multiple weight tracking excel sheets you could use if you don't know how to make one with a rolling average.

great argument

you sound like you are with me actually.
>Calories themselves don't have "textures"
sorry if i didnt use the perfect word for it. i mean body stores or burns them in different mechanisms. thats why people plateau while dieting, and manipulating macros helps the body composition. carbs hold water weight and local fattening, so they do zero carbs because that water holds fat and makes it impossible to burn etc etc
>you can eat a high carb diet and gain fat, you know
of course
>it will still be the dietary fat you ate, even if you only ate 30g of it that day it might be all stored if you eat a high carb diet
yea they say that but i think u would get fat with zero fat, too. but it would be harder, since first your carbs stores gotta be full.

no u

u have correct statements but read above. i dont think im wrong

> no good threads on fit except for user who hates his mom and victoria
>find iopq knocking dishonest fatties the fuck out
Shieeeeeet. Good night fit. what a great day this turned out to be.

It really is that simple. While yes, the human body is an incredibly complex machine that can vary how many calories it burns and stores based on hormone fluctuations, diet composition and activity, at the end of the day you put in a certain amount of energy and expend a certain amount of energy. If you are gaining weight consistently, you are putting in too much energy, if you are losing weight consistently, you are putting in too little energy. Just because it varies from person to person does not mean thermodynamics does not apply. This is why the number one thing people say to do, is TRACK EVERYTHING AND ADJUST ACCORDINGLY.

It's nearly impossible to get fat on carbs, literally like 4g of fat a day through de novo lipogenesis

My personal struggle is that I can do 4-6 weeks of solid cutting, but then I crack, and I crack catastrophically for 1-2 weeks and undo my progress.

>(since you have less fat cells to burn fat from)

The amount of fat cells is constant, it's their size that varies.

lul is this the real iopq? Get the fuck out of here you don't know anything, your naked progress pics were some of the worst this board has ever seen.

not really true, do you really think a fat person has fat cells 20x bigger than yours?

there's a limit to their size at which point you get new ones

>3000TDEE
>already on day 3 of eating only 1000 cals a day

still not feeling any bad side effects, the 1gram of test and equipoise does kinda help I suppose, well, probably not the eq since it apparently makes you hungrier.

Yeah, of course, this trip is secure

>constant

Which varies between individuals. I guess fat persons might have more.

>do you really think a fat person has fat cells 20x bigger than yours?

Don't put words in my mouth.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2964201/

> However, lower-body fat responded to overfeeding by fat-cell hyperplasia, with adipocyte number increasing by 2.6 ± 0.9 × 109 cells (P < 0.01)

Lol I'm fucking dying thanks for that

>Why do people struggle so much with cutting Veeky Forums?
They struggle with life in general because they fell for the bulking cutting meme.

>Start taking creatine again
>Start my cut
>My weight goes nowhere for three weeks
>Not sure if the creatine is offsetting the weight loss or I'm counting wrong
>Lose two pounds this week
I think I'm doing it right. How much weight does creatine usually add in water?

Ive been a skelly all my life. If all goes as planned i will be cutting sometime in the future and i cant wait because not eating comes naturally to me. So much easier...

They got 1570 calories in the Minnesota starvation experiment.

then it must be like this,
your daily caloric requirement is equal to the calories you burn from carb stores+additional (brain, metabolism etc)
all in all i dont think a zero fat eating would result in any different way then a yes fat eating, as long as "it hits your macros" to be honest
if u ask to me, science makes things too complicated and get lost in details as they discover new things

>start taking creating when cutting
m8, I don't even know where to begin

People are ignorant of food in general.
That and they simply don't give enough of a shit to try and will half ass it if you drop a "fat free/low calorie/atkins" thing in front of them.

Serious question, there's sometimes I feel hunger without being truly hungry I just want to eat something sweet (I resist the fucking urge) how the fuck do I get rid of that? it's fucking annoying

>nobody asks
Fine. I will: who is this jizz whiz