Finally squatted 2pl8 today

>finally squatted 2pl8 today

Keep it up user

Out of all my landmark PRs this was my favorite feel. Savor it, then lift more

Nice. Got my 1 rep max bench up to 210. Gettin close to that 2plate

>finally squatted 5pl8 today

Same recently. Keep at it!

as a lanklet, this seems impossible. i just cant make myself do them consistently tho tbqhf@m

gonna bench 1 plate on Friday
was supposed to do it on Monday, but I pussied out and lifted 59kg instead and got an additional rep.

>tfw hit 2 plate squat years ago and still don't go higher than 2.5 plate because of fear of injuries

you're pathetic

is that even relevant? i squatted 2 plates in 1 and half month..

Me too man. We're gonna make it

Why are people like you so full of shit that you actually believe this kinda shit yourself? Fot is full of liars "nah brah, I reached 6 plate OHP in like, 3 months"

Fucking retards. Get out of Veeky Forums.

nice one m8

>about to squat for the first time tomorrow
>gonna go for 0pl8

Wish me luck!

Good job Ohpee.
Try to do 3pl8 x5 so you can brag to all your normie friends.

Good luck user, I believe in you.
You will be a big boy in no time.
NEVER GIVE UP!

>im a retard for calling a pussy pathetic

You're the kind of person that enables shitters like him on fit you fucking idiot

do you guys prefer high-bar or low-bar squats?

I find the high-bar movement more natural, but I'm not sure which one I should do

I do high bar squats simply because it looks cooler.

my nigga, just hit that 2 weeks ago

I'm at 235 now, I can't add 5 lbs to the bar every workout anymore. think I'm gonna keep adding 5 every week until the rest of my body catches up

Congrats, OP, that's my current goal right now.

You've got this m8. If you get an extra rep, you're pretty much set to progress.

Most recent goal I reached was diddlyin 2 plates.

I do high-bar, ass to grass because it's more useful. Lowbar supposedly lets you move a little more weight, but I'd rather just train a little harder.

Low bar is a meme. High bar only. You can do front squats occasionally if you feel the need to.

You're the only shitter here, lad.

Is the technique COACH RIP teaches in SS high or low bar? That's the one I've been using

t. DYEL

high bar. i like the option to alter my depth depending on the weight/how i'm feeling.

My 3 x 5 is at 185, still 5 lbs increases. Can't wait to get to lmao2pl8.

it says low bar throughout the book, and i don't think i've seen a video of him teaching the squat where he doesn't call it low bar

He teaches low bar

>tfw overhead deadlifted 7.5 pl8 for the first time

Only seen the DVD, must have missed it, thanks

t. poor listening comprehension

This is also my goal. Currently can bench the 35 pl8s 5x5

I'm almost there. We're all gonna make it.

Any tips for squatting for effectively? I don't really feel any glute activation when squatting, my deadlift and bench press aren't far behind my squat, and my squats aren't very explosive.

best thing i've done for glute activation is resistance band squats. you basically get a resistance band and step into it, bring it up to your knees, fold it in half so you have a figure 8, step through the second half of the band essentially so it's taut around your knees and then squat without a bar or anything while focusing on keeping your knees out. it's brutally hard and your glutes work over time. i do a set of them when i go to the gym just to get them firing for the session and at home on off days sometimes to get better activation from them generally.

this sounds amazing...

do whichever feels natural to you
most people seem to find it easier to lift heavy low bar
personally I squat low senpai

I've been focusing on diddlies recently so I go either high bar or front squat.

Good job. Keep it up.

If you pronate your feet to go ATG, try keeping them straight while only going to parallel. It also helps to clench your cheeks together while going up.

i squat low bar, for some reason i find the way it sits in my back very pleasing

Just benched 1pl8 for first time today, feels pretty cool.

More volume, more food. Don't be doing 5 rep bullshit for a while.

are you actually retarded that you think some people don't progress through their noob gains quick? I got 2 plate squat in 2 months

You're both retarded. different people start at different weights. If you start squatting at just the bar, you're going to take a longer time to reach 2pl8 than someone who starts at 1pl8.

God people on this board are fucking retarded. I bet you don't even lift you fucking idiot.

I bet you weighed 300 pounds too. Not everybody started out obese.

dude same OP high fuckin five

i am 5'2", female, 136 lbs and i just hit 2pl8 squat today as well.

no excuses

LONDON
O
N
D
O
NODNOL

>finally hit 2pl8 bench
>still squatting 205

what the fuck am i doing wrong

is this the tall meme? i'm 6'4"

Post routine

Did the same on Friday. Congrats OP!

A
squat - 3x8
bench - 3x8
rows - 3x8
tricep ext - 1xfailure
calf raises - 1xfailure

B
deadlift - 3x8
pullup - 1xfailure then lat pulldown 2x12
OHP - 3x8
dumbell curls - 1x15
cable fly - 3x10

abs on rest days

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

i'm still a beginner

Low bar if just starting
High bar after some months

>tfw just started squatting and am almost at 1pl8
WERE ALL GONNA MAKE IT BROS

>why are my arms stronger when 60-80% of every workout focuses on them?

good job man, about to go squat 190 today

anyone else scared of squat? seems like an easy trip to snap city especially when its really heavy for you. Ive started only doing 10 reps currently 190x10 which is fairly easy for me. Just feels like if i load on more weight im gonna snap city

I never do more than 6 reps on a squat.
If anything, I'm the opposite.
The more reps I do, the higher chance there is of having your form get sloppy and fuck your shit up.
I got myself to sets of five @3pl8 at my peak and that's what felt I got me the best results.

This is b8

that would train your adductors, not your glutes.

Keep lifting bars and setting PR's, everybody. We'll all make it before we realize it.