>tfw people were shitting on me for margin trading last night

comfy as fuck right now boys

Other urls found in this thread:

bitmex.com/register/1RT5Qy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>100x leverage
>to make .08 BTC

Holy fuck lol

I only risked 0.01 BTC though, which is literally nothing.

0.01BTC TOTAL

guys we have whale here

>being this salty for no reason

kek

im a little confused here on the UI, is the amount you put in just 0.0833 btc at 100x?

I put in 0.01 BTC @ 4840.5

I am actually up over 800% at the moment. If I sold right now, I would receive 0.0833 BTC

>leverage god
that you OP?

newfag here, can someone give me an 101 on margin trading?

Is it like betting your btc on btc rise or fall?

yeah

it's essentially trading with bitcoin you don't have, which varies based on the leverage

i'm trading with 100x, which is the riskiest but has the most reward.

0.1% gain on bitcoin's price is a 10% increase on my initial margin

but if the price falls 0.5%, you have your position liquidated. i always set a market stop here so i don't lose anything

>anything

everything*

wew lads

the momentum on bitcoin is fucking crazy right now

> gloating about a 350$ profit after 100x leverage

LMAO

He's not salty mate. He's calling you poor (and rightfully so)

>last night everyone saying how risky leverage trading is and that it's pure gambling
>"but i'm trading with spare change"
>LOL ENJOY LOSING IT ALL

>up 900%
>Y-YOU DIDNT PUT $100K IN LOL P-POORFAG

ah Veeky Forums, never fucking change

poor

jelly

yes you were talking to the same people last night who are in this thread, thats how Veeky Forums works.

gloating about a 50$ bet is still poorfag shit

gj op

you're the insecure faggot who's getting triggered about me turning 50 bucks into 500

thanks lad

Nice, op!

Congrats op

>everyone told me the house had an edge on the black/red bets in roulette
>"enjoy your coinflip with small house edge taking your money over a large sample size"

>won 2 bets on black
>WOOOO I'M BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU THAT'S WHY I'M SO SUCCESSFUL AND HAVE SO MUCH MONEY I HAVE TO LEVERAGE 100x WHEN I INVEST

Chump change, get back at us when u grow some balls.
If u went long with 1btc u would have 8 BTC now.

thanks lads

why are you taking the position that i'm bragging like i'm hot shit and better than everyone else?

i'm just following up from my thread yesterday and it's funny because so many of you are legitimately mad that the trade went in my favour

i repeatedly said that i'm trading with spare change. turning 50 bucks into 500 is pretty nice. don't get why you're so upset

OP, how do I margin trade? You said you set up a market stop so what are you doing? I am relatively new to this and see Limits, Markets, and Stop Limits.

How the fuck can I margin trade in the US

1 contract = $1

based on how much money you put into your account, you're able to slide the leverage and accept the risk you're willing to take. 100x can fuck you up so don't trade what you aren't willing to lose.

>limits
use these to set price targets

>markets
use these to sell at the current market price (you get charged 0.075%)

>stop limits
the last line of defense, i use market limits so that i don't get liquidated and lose everything

use my link if you want 10% off trading fees for 6 months

VPN maybe? not sure, bitmex doesn't require any ID to register and trade.

So you use all three to 100x? Still confused about leverage and thought it only applies to one of the three.

no, leverage is trading bitcoin that you don't own. in my case, i opened a contract of 4800 with a margin of about 0.01 BTC

limits, markets, and stop limits are how you sell/close your position. i really reccomend reading the little blurbs that pop up when you hover over the little question marks.

bitmex is really good for answering questions in detail

You think I should long bitcoin at this point or no?

Its at an ATH, so probably not.. You have the best chances shorting it after the BTC fork

no way, it's way too volatile right now

but at the same time i thought about selling at the two hours ago, glad i didn't because it kept going up

Marging trading works but it requires both huge skills and literally being on your computer all the time, else you miss the gains. That leaves you literally with no life. Money is cool but if you have no time to enjoy it, then it is not worth it.
Best is just buying low when it dips and then hold strong.
Personally I bought the shit out of the Bitbay dip and it feels great as it is a solid project. Although at some point there will not even have dips because the future of crypto is in price stable currencies that prevent dips. That's by the way what Bitbay plans to do but with a decentralized peg instead of a shitty centralized hard peg like Tether. Yes as you can guess I am bullish on Bitbay. I genuinely like this project so I shill it when I can. It is way undervalued.

this interests me very much user, gonna open up a bitmex acc.

how much did you start with?

use my ref link for discounts on trading fees lad

i started out with about 0.04 btc but i made some profit and cashed it out to bittrex, so i usually keep only about 0.01 btc in bitmex at any given time

I did use it my lad. Enjoy them juicy commissions, if I do end up following through