Why are asians so skinny when they often don't lift or workout? Is it genetics or diet? If genetics...

Why are asians so skinny when they often don't lift or workout? Is it genetics or diet? If genetics, doesn't this contradict fits claims that you can work to lose weight? If diet, how do they do it when they eat crazy calorie dense stuff like ramen all the time?

You know a ramen is only max 750 Kcals , 3 of them is below maintenance for anyone who isn't less than half a man

Less carbs and fat, smaller portions. Mostly seafood instead of red meat. Butter is not a staple food in their diets. Did you know a croissant is a kilo of dough and a kilo of butter? Also their sweets tend to not use sugar, or nearly as much as say french or english cooking.

Its diet you retard. They don't eat ramen all the time you retard.

There is a lot of fat asians nowadays. At least in Japan. They used to have better diets and ate shitloads of veggies and small amounts of lean meat, no dairy or fat sugar-loaded sauces etc and plain rice for carbs. But now there is McDonalds and other junk food places all over too so you see fat fucks every day. Still better than the US/EU though because they aren't all tippie-toed about slim being good and fat being bad. Literally heard a girl telling her friend she hadn't seen in a few months that "she gained so much weight" and she's "getting fat".

It's diet. I'm an American Asian and I'm fat as fuck.

Portion sizes.
Also fat shaming is acceptable and normal in Asian countries still.

No Animal Fat, No Butter, No yogurt, No fizzies,
Less Beef/Mutton, more Pork/Chicken

More carbo than protein.
Every Asian dish comes with veggies.
Welcome to healthy living

>Asians eating less carbs

They also have more healthy ways of cooking AKA steaming, boiling, and stir frying etc.

Roasting does not exist in Traditional Asian cuisine.

Carbs is a world of difference away from Fats

Their diet is pretty good.
Asians have no problems pointing out when someone is getting fat.
Thin is still considered beautiful in Asia.

>There is a lot of fat asians nowadays. At least in Japan
Less than 3% of the population is overweight.
They have laws punishing those who are overweight

>Less than 3% of the population is overweight.
Yeah but the ones who are fat are really fat. It's like they give up after a certain point. Or there is a lot of amateur sumos.
>They have laws punishing those who are overweight
Myth.

Asianfag here. If you're a fat girl, your friends will make fun of you. If you're a fat guy, your parents will make fun of you.

I'm lucky, I'm a first generation Asian, so I never grew up with American junk food like chips/cookies. When I was hungry growing up, you know what I had to eat? I had to go catch my own eel at some lake on my grandma's farm.

I do think genetics plays a role though. I literally know zero obese asians, a few overweight ones yea, but not hamplanet size.

>My dinner last night

ha ha you are fat

sure some people have different body types because of genetics

the only people who have genetics that actually make them fat are islanders imo

>They have laws punishing those who are overweight
Oh fuck man that sounds blissful.

That looks like a sick dinner man, what's that vegetable tho?

>ramen
>calorie dense
Fucking lol

>Roasting less healthy than steaming, boiling, and stir fry
Shiggity

Asians generally burn more calories per day, they have very fast metabolisms.

yes they do

Portion sizes are very good in Korea, enough food so you are full, but you don't have to stuff yourself. also a pretty healthy diet generally (aside from the ramen, the ramen packets here are all huge 500 calorie cakes)

They also eat rice, vegetables, and their soft drinks all have half the sugar of western soft drinks, it's more about flavour than pure sweetness.

Squash

>Update
oh, and the ramen is far, FAR less fatty than the ramen i ate back in Australia.

Thanks, brah.

One argument I would make towards genetics affecting weight is that black women experience the negative effects of obesity at a higher BMI than non-black women do. It's hypothesized that this is because they store so much fat in their butts and boobs.

They have the worst cases of cholesterol related deaths ....
Don't listen to this idiot. They just eat little and barely any sizeable amount of protein.