How long are y'all usually in the gym for?

How long are y'all usually in the gym for?

A lot of routines here seem to be lower reps and sets for only a handful of lifts per day, which I also typically do. But at my gym everyone seems to be there before me and are still going when I leave.

I'm usually there about 40min. Am I fucked up or are they?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QyBLOz1g2Ms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hour and a half for me

1 hr monday to friday

What's your routine look like for that long?

People on fit are generally afraid to push themselves. Everyone on here has like 4 rest days a week and doesn't go to failure, etc. I'm the gym for 40 min to 2 hours. Just be done when you're done and push yourself.

1hr - 1hr 30mins. Not including the post-workout rolling and stretching.

2am to 4am 7 days a week. Half of thats cardio though

On volume days I can be there 4 to 5 hours. But thats because I got 3 times a week

Who is the pic?

I saw him at the mbest11x video about cross fit, but that's all I know about him

Well even if you're doing 3x5 and only 3-4 exercises with 2-5 min of rest in between it will take 45 min just to do that, than you add warmups, accessories, cardio... Sometimes it takes me 2 hours.

4-5 hours of literally just lifting weights? I'm also on a 3 day volume routine but I spend no more than 2.5 hours a day.

3day split with AxBxAxx, 2 hours is the norm for me atm. I'm considering adding one more day to reduce the time I'm in each session. 1 year of lifting.

I do phul and it takes me 1.25-1.5 hours. I've cutting down on my warm up sets to try to shorten the workout.

>4-5 hours

1.5 to 2 hrs including post workout stretching and foam rolling

A
Bench 4x5
Incline 4x5
Decline 4x5
Cable flys 4x20
Tri ext 4x20
Skull crusher 4x20

B
Diddlies 5x5
OHP 3x10
Lat pull 4x20
Reverse fly 4x20
Rows 4x20
Songle arm rows 3x20
Front raise 3x15
Side lat 3x15
Curls 3x15
Shurgs 4x20
Wrists rolls 4 front and back

C
Squat 5x5
Calf raise 4x20
Leg ext 4x20
Leg curl 4x20
DB side bends 4x20
Decline weighted situps 3x15

Takes me between 1-2 hours depending how much rest i take and how distracted i am.

Im home gym, so no worry about hurrying for other people.

Also, i dont get whats up with my 4x20 autism. The more I lifted, the more reps i added instead of weight. Now i add weight instead of reps. That kind of autism id be doing lat pulldowns 4x100.

I keep the main lifts at 5x5 because people talk about 5x5 routines alot.

Done zero routine research

>literally have no idea what the fuck im doing
>at all

ABCxABC or ABCABCx

Same, but I dont really follow a routine beyond doing sets until failure until i cant do anymore, with minimal rests. Most people I notice take like five minute long rests in between sets.

That's literally the same pattern.

shhhhhh

Usually about 1hr 30 minutes. That includes a 5-10 minute warm up and a 5-10 minute cool down.

I'm there for 1.5 hours, but I do high volume with longer rests. I saw a few studies that say if you have to take an extended break in order to get a couple more reps in per set then it's worth it.

>literally have no idea what the fuck im doing
Same
Made my own routine with stuff I wanted to do but still based off real routines.

Fuck it is.
Sorry newfag summer dyel cancer faggot autism getting in the way.
ABCxABCx or ABCABCx

I based everything off what my friend whose been lifting for years told me.

Hes swole af fa.m tb.h baka lmao 100 100

So i asked "what do you do"

20-30 Minutes everyday. I'm the guy who only squats or stand grumpily while waiting for the squat rack.

That works

I used to lift in high school and was in great shape till I stopped 4 years ago. So I'm kind of doing the same thing but kind of not.

2-3 hours unfortunately
I lose focus really quickly

2-2.5 hours. 6 days a week.

Usually Two hours, maybe a little less. I go four on one off

45 mins of lifts to failure

Derek Weida is a beast. I got a Straight Legless Clothing shirt.

About two hours or two and a half if I'm having a slow day.

ABCxABCx

40 min if I can do the weight across all my exercises. For every exercise I can't do, I do drop sets, which is +20 min. Add in Pull-ups/dips and some assorted dipwork and the occasional curl, and Im at 1 hour-2hours per workout, depending on how bad I am that day.

About 1 hour if I rest 3 minutes and a little longer if I rest 5 minutes between sets.

My workouts last forever. Especially when I do my biceps and triceps because they never get tired. I can do endless sets at high weights. How do I make my arm workouts shorter?

I try to lift hard for :45-1:15 3 times a week. I run once a week also. I don't understand how people spend hours in the gym

Derek Weida

this is such a big fallacy in lifting

whats good for roiders and advanced lifters are NOT what's best for a natty beginner

go heavy then go home

>arm day

90-120 mins when bulking.
60 minutes when cutting.

I'd say 60 min is the absolute minimum. Compounds usually take 20-40 minutes, while accessories around 20-30.

You fix your autism by having a rep range, say 15-20 in your case. When you reach 20 on all sets you increase weight and start over at 15 again. This is called double progression.

You should rearrange all exercises in terms of difficulty, which you sort of have done with compounds first every day, but it should extend to your accessories as well. Calf raises shouldn't be before leg ext & curls for instance. It's not that important but you want a gradual decrease in difficulty as the workout progresses to match your gradual decrease in performance.

at least an hour because i have longer breaks when doing compounds

i train like a powerlifter, i reached the point where i can no longer make strength gains weekly, biweekly or monthly. so i increased the volume and added a bigger variety of compound movements. takes me around 2-2.5hour 4x/week.

it's arms and chest. I feel like I can go heavy all day though.

Nah bro, something is wrong.

How many reps are you doing per set?

Just fatiguing a muscle is the bro way to determine a good workout. Do you really think a muscle is completely fatigued if you do say 3x5 Bench? Not really, but you still get size and strength from it.

u prolly still look like shit too lol

ABCABCx about 7 exercises a day, 90 second rests, a bit more with squats/deadlifts. Takes 40 minutes or so sometimes more, you don't need to do any more than this though? Anyone doing more than this is doing cardio or resting for too long. Or not using heavy enough weights.

I really wonder, people who only rest 60-90 seconds. How light are you lifting? For heavy bench, I need at least 3-5 minutes or I'll risk missing a rep in my next sets.

Or do you not care about missing reps at all? You just lift and get whatever? Feels like a bad way to train.

If I'm doing accessories and I'm not caring at all about the amount of reps I'll also rest like a minute, but that would never work for exercises you actually want to progress in.

15 minutes. I found a really good ab toning workout. Hoping to lose this belly in 12 weeks.

Ur muscles get more fatigued as you go on, who gives a shit about how many reps you're doing

>ABC x ABCABC x ABCABC x ABC
>ABCABC x ABCABC x ABCABC x
Nice one

People who organize their training usually have prescribed rep schemes, either a set amount or a range. People who just wing it tend to have worse results, speaking from experience.

Say you need to do 5x5 at 80%, there's no point rushing the sets and getting 4x5 + 1x4 or whatever. Short rest times has been proven over and over to have zero effect, so there's no point in not resting as long as you need (using common sense here of course, not 20 minute rest times). It's only a matter of if you have time for it or not.

The best thing is to rest as little as you need while NOT affecting your overall volume which is the most important thing. Never sacrifice volume for shorter rest.

I do an upper/lower split
15 min cardio
hip/shoulder mobility 5 min (depending on upper/lower)
workout ~1h (depending on gym traffic)
stretching ~10min (depending on upper/lower)
total: ~1.5h

3x a week

1). Heavy ass Close grip Chins or EZ-Bar Curls 4x6-8
2). Heavy ass Triceps Dips or CGBP 4x6-8
3). Less heavy but still kinda heavy DB Curls 3x8-10
4). Less heavy but still kinda heavy Skullcrushers 3x8-10
5). Hammer curl 2-3x10-12
6). Triceps overhead extensions 2-3x10-12
7). Superset: 2x10-12 Preacher Curls with Triceps pushdowns (or just call it quits after first 6 exercises).

Rest 2 mins on the first bi/tri exercise, 1 min on others. Rest 30s on superset. Your arms should be dead and it's about 1 hour.

40 minutes is my warm up/stretches.
>get on the floor roll out your muscles/whole body if you have time
>stretch properly and push it to become flexible.
>slowly do warm ups as you practise perfect technique
>thats usually 30-60 minutes for me depends if im training legs or not.
fucking rolling out muscles feels soo nice.

Depends. My longest day runs about 75 minutes. My shortest 30. Average is 45 min I'd say.

This right here. /Fit is full of people that lift 2-3 days a week and complain about slow progress or not making any progress.

>do static stretches before lifting

r u retarded m8? You stretch out for a lift, by doing the fucking lift at light weight, progressively loading the weight until you are at working sets.

Then go heavier you dumb fuck

>An hour 1/2 - 2 hours
Most people in my gym seem to use the gym as a mall and socialize/watch each other in between each exercise

I am on PHAT and on summer holidays so I dont have rush.

Power days generally last for 2 hours and 20 mins, while hypertrophy days hour and half.

This is all with warmup before and after,

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 4 hours.

First hour: HIIT, lift, moderate cardio, lift,

Next ninety minutes: Swim, spa, sauna, cold shower, sauna, cold shower, sauna, swim, spa, sauna, cold shower.

Then in the last hour I'll do a boxing circuit.

The missing half hour is spent in the change room.

Lifting sessions usually last about 90 minutes. Cardio gets close to 45 but only 30 of that is actual exervise because I swim and like to dry out in the sun

I only do an hour, I thought that was normal but this thread is making me thing I should be doing 1.5 damn

I get your saying but ive found that doing calf raises first helps my squat performance way more than just warming up with light squats.

If i just start with bar and gradually move up, my squats arent nearly as good of i start with the raises first.

But i get you

4 hours

1.5-2 hours, sometimes up to 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Doing Sheiko.

I've always wondered about the 90 second rest thing. I'm in the gym 2 hours, but that's because I've reached a point where I need to rest for roughly 12 to 15 minutes after a limit set of squats. I was able to get away with Like 3-5 minute rests when I was still doing lmao2pl8 but at this point the first rep if set 2 would staple me if I tried it.

2-3 hours, maybe even a bit more.

Depends what routine you're doing. If you're doing SS, it's perfectly normal to be in the gym for 45 min. And if you're doing a high volume split, it's pretty normal to be in the gym 1,5-2 hours. Personally, I do SS with accessories, which takes exactly an hour for me to finish.

Doesn't fit in a 7 days week

usually about an 1.25 hrs
lately i've been going for 1.5 to 2 hrs

what's your sleep schedule look like?

i don't even time myself. i just leave when i feel like i've exhausted my muscles enough to the point where they will rebuild stronger. usually ends up being 45-60min

2-2 1/2 every day
1 hour of cardio
1 1/2 hours of weights and ab routines

1-2 hours depending on what I'm doing

Like 50mins-1hr10 on my program

monday: swim 3 km, 1.5 hr
tuesday: swim 3 km, 1.5 hr
wednesday: swim 3 km, 1.5 hr
thursday: swim 3 km, 1.5 hr
friday: swim 3 km, 1.5 hr
saturday: swim 3 km, 1.5 hr
sunday: church/rest

>church
kek

gotta get them spiritual gains bro

>4x20 rows

what the fuck are you doing

an example day would be
>1km run
>squats
>bench
>flys
>incline chest press
>tri extensions
>20 min HIIT

did 2 hours because i went to the gym two times a week

now i do 1 hour to 1 hour half because i go three times a week

no cardio

only chest warmup, i don't warmup my back

no legs training

4x20? aim for like 3 sets of 8-12 reps on those kinda things man.

I can't stand 90 minute sessions anymore, switched to 30-45 minutes every day. Squat and deadlift days are single lift, other days are 2-3 different lifts.

Depends on how much time and energy I have.

Most of my workouts are 45min-1hr because that's about all I can stomach after a full work day, especially considering I have other obligations including eating, sleeping and grooming. Weekends will be about the same if I am hungover, or if not will probably be more like 1.5hr.

When I was unemployed I usually did more like 1.5-2hr.

has nothing to do with the volume or my routine, and everything to do with how I am feeling. I don't always go to failure, sometimes I just want to get some blood flowing and that'll be about 45 min in the gym. other times when I'm feeling it, I can be upwards of 1.5 hours. But never much longer than that

A: Bench, Row, Deads 3X5
B: Press, Chins, Squats 3X5
+ finishers (stuff like lat pulldown 1x8-12 on chin day etc.)
+ core (ab-rollout, decline weighted sti-ups etc.)

Ususally takes me about 1h to 1h15m.

You getting good results from this, m8?

1 to 1 1/2 hours. 2 on weekends for a sickening pisslord tier pump

I'm usually in for about an hour

A:

Squat - 3x5
OHP - 3x5
BB Rows - 3x5
Weighted Dips - 3x5

B:
Diddlys - 1x5
Bench - 3x5
Weighted chins - 3x5
Pause squat - 4x3

AxBxA / BxAxB

Takes me like 2 fucking hours, i guess my cardio is shit. At least i'm making progress.

>barbell full-body routine: 2 hours
>rest 1 hour, eat a meal
>then dumbbell full-body routine and cardio: 1 and a half hours

Home gym by the way.

1 - 2 hours.
Depends on what I do and how I feel.
Sometimes I go full retard mode and tell myself "maybe another set...? ANOTHER ONE, ANOTHER ONE, ANOTHER ONE, AAAAAAAND... SUPERSET" and keep on going until I burn out.

He's probably this guy:
youtu.be/QyBLOz1g2Ms