Why do I get so fucking tired after even a normal-sized meal? I just had to take a 1½-hr nap after having breakfast...

Why do I get so fucking tired after even a normal-sized meal? I just had to take a 1½-hr nap after having breakfast. Yesterday I went to school right after lunch and I nearly fell asleep in class. Went home and took a 1hr nap right after. Should I go see a doctor?

bitch-made

smaller and more frequent meals then. problem solved. bam.

also, take some vitamin d supplements. vitamin d is one of the first things doctors check for when youre feeling lethargic and tired, despite getting enough sleep.

low vitamin d makes you sleepy.

probs gluten intolerant brah

Your body is sucking all of the energy from every other system to break down your meal.
Plus what you eat CAN actually put you to sleep. LIke excess carbs and the like.

So, too much food+too much carbo = night night. And if you workout or do anything strenuous in your day to day?
It's over.

I eat 3-4 times a day. Making it 4-5 instead would be a bit inconvenient but I guess I could try.

I take 25µg of vitamin d everyday. As well as zinc, magnesium (in the evening), a multi, and creatine. I've started using caffeine pills to get through the drowsiness lately too.

What are other signs of gluten intolerance? I've never had any problems with gluten afaik.

Gluten intolerant or b12 deficiency from pernicious anemia

Probably because they contains large amounts of carbs which are going to cause your blood sugar levels to spike and then crash back down. You may also find its the gluten in the food that is doing this to you. I used to always be like this before I completely cut gluten out of my diet and now I never feel tired after meals.

It's dependant on what you eat, a meal with lots of carbs makes you tired. that's well known.

If it's not because of the carbs it could be because you're overeating. meaning - eventhough you're already "full" you eat more because it feels good to stuff yourself full.

>What did you eat for lunch?

>I've started using caffeine pills to get through the drowsiness lately too.

Stop doing this and actually try to get more sleep time at night. A bare minimum of 7:30 hours. All the supplements in the world will amount to nothing if you dont have quality sleep time at night. I'm serious, dude. IT's that important. Cardio every other day OUTSIDE to receive sunlight (so that your body naturally creates vitamin d) and good sleep should improve your drowsiness, provided you dont have any underlying medical condition.

Besides, taking caffeine pills for staying more alert during the day is as bad as taking antidepressants to fight depression, ot creates dependency and fucks with your brain chemistry.

This

amber lamps

Btw I'm bulking so my meal sizes are larger than usual right now, and quite some carbs. But it's been like this before too when I ate a maintenance.

What do I eat for carbs that don't have gluten? What do I need to cut? Pasta, bread, rice?

Breakfast today was two slices of dark bread with grains, butter, cheese, ham. Glass of juice. Not even a particularly big breakfast.

Lunch yesterday was a big sized serving of whole grain spaghetti and meat sauce (home cooked) with some lettuce and tomatoes.

I do. I usually get at least 7-8 hours, often up to 9. I take walks every day, at least for 20 minutes. I know about caffeine being a bad habit, especially since I cut it out entirely a few weeks ago. But with this lethargy after meals I got no choice but to take caffeine or fail courses.

I eat varied and healthy food. Do you really think I could be b12 deficient?

Guess I should get blood work done to be sure.

> a meal with lots of carbs makes you tired. that's well known.
why? just curious

Go to a doctor instead of asking Veeky Forums.
It sounds to me like you have ethier Gluten Intolerance, lactose intolerance or Pre-diabetes. I a molecular geneticist and in no way a medical advisor so I suggest you go to a doc, but I can tell you from my research it kinda points to pre-diabetes as this was something I had myself, especially on gear which causes glucose intolerance and I would nap for a while too after meals. Had to take slin to combat it. Or come off gear.

Anyway go to your GP, get a full allergy test, hormone panel for Thyroid (possibly Steroid hormones too & IGF-1) & glucose tolerance test + insulin response.

sombady call da ambalamps

this is right. OP you are insulin sensitive. when you eat carrbs your blood sugar spikes which releases insulin. in your case, too much insulin, which makes your blood sugar drop.

when you eat breakfast around say 8am, you probably get the shakes around 11 until you eat, right?

Yup, it's the carbs. Try intermittent fasting or saving the carbs for later. e.g. bacon and eggs for breakfast, but no toast.

Losing body fat and strength training will help with insulin resistance.

looking at stuff like this terrifies me and takes me down a paranoid road

Vitamin/mineral deficiency

You probably aren't getting enough nutrients

WHY THE MAN BODY STILL ON THE GROUND

I get this now that I am bulking. Not to long ago before I started to lift and actually eat I would only drink coffee during the day (no breakfast) and only eat dinner.

Now I can't make it 3 hours without eating lol.

Do you have any problems with digestion? I would alkalize your stomach and take your time eating/chewing.

Dude, OP, I used to be the same as you and then I stopped eating processed carbs and it mostly went away. I still sleep like a 20 minute nap once every couple of days, but cutting flours and sugars made my life much easier.

gluten intolerance would usually result in an upset stomach after eating gluten-containing foods. it can also lead to iron-deficiency anemia, which results in fatigue. get that shit checked.

I had something similar a few years back in high school but that was due to me eating sugar all the time messing with my blood sugar. Since it seems rather serious 4u just go to a doctor otherwise you can't be sure