Why is everyone on here saying SS or SL 5X5 and keto are memes? They've both been very effective for me...

Why is everyone on here saying SS or SL 5X5 and keto are memes? They've both been very effective for me. Is it just that most people don't wanna squat 3 times a week?

Calling them memes is actually the meme

This is true
Also because 95% of people who post here dont lift weights. And of the ones who do another high % of them havent made any progress in years cause they are fucking stupid. Id say at most 1-2% of people here actually have great gains and legitimately know what they are talking about.

I guess so, I was just in another thread and mentioned that I used keto to drop the 100lbs and got attacked by 3 members telling me it's a fad diet and I'm gonna get fat again. That is after I explained that it's not the only way to lose weight, it's just what worked for me. It's alarming because it might discourage another fat person from trying it even if it might be very effective for him/her.

The thing you realize after being here for about 3 months is that 99% of info posted here contradicts itself and fags will argue about anything. Veeky Forums is completely useless for getting actual info of any kind. The only reason to come to this board is memes and thats it. You could say in a thread that drinking water is important and someone will argue with you and say water causes cancer and aids. Its pointless.

1. Keto is a meme because it's not diet you can use for the rest of your life, so you're better off finding a diet you can use that allows you to be muscular and lean at the same time, without needing to do any special autistic dieting method.

2. SS/5x5 are a meme because people do them for years on end, when they aren't supposed to do them for longer than a few months.

>hell fell for the "hating memes" meme
Not all memes are bad. It just depends how you use them.

>for longer than a few months.
Wrong
You need to hit certain weight plateus. Thats when you switch.
>Keto is a meme because it's not diet you can use for the rest of your life,
>What is cutting?
No one is saying you can do it forever, we are talking about loosing weight.

Perfect example of what i was saying. Idiots who dont know what they are talking about.

1. You're not going to be getting linear progression for longer than a few months

2. You can do Keto as a crutch to lose fat a little easier, but that fat loss isn't going to remain forever, you'll gain the fat back once you return to old eating habits, hence why it's just better to adopt a dieting lifestyle that you can do for the rest of your life, and not for just a few weeks or months at a time before falling off the wagon.

Keto is shut bcause it doesn't build sustainable dieting habits. Yeah, you lose weight, but you learn nothing of healthy eating to sustain that weight. It's like the fuckers who take DNP and nothing else: sure they lose lots of weight, but they put it all back on bcause they relied on a pill, and didn't build healthy diet habits.

Veeky Forums

This. If you are making gains from SS, keep doing SS.

And also same for keto. You still have to know about nutrition, but if you don't like to cut and keto is faster, more muscle sparing, and more satiating, why not use it?

Holy shit. What if you already have sustainable diet habits but also use keto when you need to cut?

Keto & carb cycling have been amazing for me. People are saying that it's better to just build a lifestyle diet for the long-term. But that's what keto did for me. It really taught me discipline when it comes to food. Portion control. Paying attention to macros. Shit, just paying attention to what I'm putting into my body instead of just engorging on anything that's put in front of me.

>You're not going to be getting linear progression for longer than a few months
This is completely wrong, you have clearly never read SS or the entire SL website. There are methods you can take once progress stalls. Including dropping weight, switchin the program to 3x5 and so on. Eben if linear progression stops week by week so what? Every other week progress is still great.

>once you return to old eating habits
Why would you do that? No one would.

>hence why it's just better to adopt a dieting lifestyle that you can do for the rest of your life
Are you retarded? A cutting diet is for the sole purpose of loosing weight. You cant maintain that diet forvever either or youll wither away. The idea is to get to a comfortable weight THAN change to a more stable maintenance diet.

See above, he can do it for a while than switch so something more stable. At the end of the day progress is progress and he lost 100lbs so whats the problem?

Finally someone with a brain

OR like me, you drop a shit load of fat using keto and then once you're lean you start the normal cutting/bulking non-keto. Keto can work very well for fat people to get lean faster at the start, literally no one has said you should do it forever or go back to old eating habits after you drop the weight.,

If you had healthy habits, you wouldn't need keto because you should already be at a relatively low bf%, or have the knowledge to get there without shocking your diet.

1. Your confusing some perpetual fatty with trying to lose weight with someone who went on a bulk for a period of time trying to lower their body fat
2. He's right, you don't understand what you're talking about.

>shocking your diet.
What?

Cutting and loosing weight arent the same thing you stupid faggot. A fatty who goes from 300-200lbs is loosing weight.
If you purposefully bulked than cut that weight for summer, thats cutting.
They arent the fucking same and you dumb assholes should learn the difference if you want to keep trying to blend in here even though you dont lift.

Someone else with a brain shows up. Thank god.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. Pls continue to lecture us mr.skeletal.

>shocking your diet
GOTTA CONFUSE THE STOMACH, RIGHT BABE?

thing is that every other week progress is when you're hitting weights that you're probably going to burn out on for your squat as an example, particularly repetitive 3x5 of a 5rm. I think that's the only issue with SS and SL - when to switch the program up. I ended up just transitioning to texas method with a 120 kg 3x5 hbbs because it works out to be better than the SL weekly progression I was making.

I think he got his memes mixed up.

I get what youre saying but the averaqe skelly idiot on this board isnt going to get that far in only a few months. There are idiots here who only squat 100lbs. Its gonna take em a while to get a heavy enough squat to warrant switching. I ran SL until i was doing 275lbs for 5x5. Then like you i switched to texas method.