GST Foundation - pastebin.com/rk1vVJve

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k_vG1umxVYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=W8Hm5vrPFbA
instagram.com/p/BHfmIQhBC0U/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

Any tips for front lever?

How does one make progress with just BW?

More sets? More reps? I do more lifting so forgive the ignorance.

How many bw pullups and weighted pullups can you do?

Do holds of a progression @50%
Say you can hold a tuck front lever for 12 seconds
Do 10-20 sets of 6 second holds (1-2 mins total)

Do front lever progression negatives. Hold yourself upside down and lower yourself to a dead hang through a front lever position. Make sure it's a controlled throughout the entire movement

Scapula depression & retraction holds

You either add more sets/reps or make the exercise harder.
You can do this by adding weight or changing the leverages.

Take the push up
>3 sets of 3 reps
Add more sets/reps
>5 sets of 10 reps
Add weight to your back
or change the leverage
>5 sets of 10 reps +10kgs
>5x10 diamond pushups or decline (feet raised) push ups
>Move to handstand push ups or planche push ups

Gimme tips for V-sits. Im already really flexible and can L-sit for a while but I just feel too weak to get my legs up

How to stretch after plank and handstand exercises?

Work on compression drills

youtube.com/watch?v=k_vG1umxVYQ

youtube.com/watch?v=W8Hm5vrPFbA

How many of you can do a one arm chin up or a planche?

Curious if anyone in these is where I'm at.

Im not even close to either

Probably not.

I can do one arm negatives over 3-5 seconds
Advanced tuck planche for 8-10 seconds

That's decently close.

Do high reps of negatives. They don't have to be slow. Just controlled. Counter weights and pulleys work best for both. Much quicker progress

>tfw doing inverted rows on the dining room table and your sweat makes gripping hard

Also, can someone please explain to me how the fuck bodyweight good mornings are even an exercise? If I had weight on it might feel like I was doing something but otherwise it just feels retarded.

I can one arm chin up (palms facing) but not one arm pull up (palms away). I hate one arm chins so I only learned them through training one arm pulls. I currently do 3 sets of 2-3 cluster reps of 10 second negatives.

Planche I just hit advanced hold. I'll probably be there forever because I hit those legs hard at the gym and they are heavy and hard to hold up.

>bodyweight good mornings
Is this a meme?

Post body/routine?

It's a thing in YAYOG.

Pic related is another meme exercise in YAYOG.

Nice.

I'm working on getting three solid reps for the PAC (I do a mix between chin and pill grip. Think like the bar goes directly over my pulling should and the palm faces my head)

For planche I want to be able to walk and jump with my arms like Pivetmadkilla

instagram.com/p/BHfmIQhBC0U/

Maybe even a one arm planche one day

I do a combination of slow controlled negatives and high rep uneven pull ups (having the rings at different heights) and making one ring lower and lower. I'm taking things slow since I'm in no rush and don't want to risk injury.

I've changed up my routines many times.
I use to only do bodyweight (top line) and then I started lifting as well (bottom row)
My routines are centred around my goals which change. Basically I do PPL 6 days a week. Low reps of my hardest progressions followed by high reps of easier progressions.

Should I take my whey shakes on my rest day?

Foundation progression template for movement with reps, when you achieve mastery you make the exercise more difficult

bumperinoryo

which plank? doing elbow planks and Foundation says you need to do Tables inbetween sets (has different mobility for different steps, elbow plank is lvl 2 in planche progression) for handstands, not sure if OP has it included, but there is a Handstand One PDF (was with old Foundation torrent)

I'm on level 2 for Planche, actual planche is ugh lvl 7 I think, don't have pull up bar so I do bent over rows instead

maybe increase speed for good mornings? the only way to intesify the exercise

what's a whey shake? is that for forearms?

>what's a whey shake?
Protein shake

is that a fancy way to say 'masturbation'?

Hey guys,

I've lifted weights for years but I feel that whenever I try to do any sort of bodyweight exercise, I'm not nearly as strong. I'd like to begin switching to a more calisthenics based routine, while still potentially lifting weights a couple times a week.

All the info here is good; however, my only question is what kind of diet would one benefit the most from while doing calisthenics? Do you need to eat more/less than your average bodybuilding/strength athlete? What about cardio?

Diet is the same. Resistance is resistance, your body doesn't know the difference.

Bulk, eat more.
Cut, eat less.

Just know that it is a lot easier to target certain muscles and progressively overload easier with weights so you can gain muscle easier. You won't be able to bulk as aggressively without putting on an excess amount of fat.

Nothing different about diet for BW training, for BW the most important thing you need is stronger tendons and connective tissue, which takes a good amount of time to get.

Thanks.

I would assume there really isn't a need to bulk heavily anyway though because gaining more fat would be a detriment to the amount of reps/time you could achieve on different exercises.

Tbh familia there is no need to bulk heavily while lifting weights either.

How hard it is to do a human flag senpaitachi?

try it

I can do it if i focus really hard but i feel strain on my elbows.
Its a very upperbody dominant move so if you have small legs and a big upper body its a bit easier. Im a Trex so its hard as fuck.

The only reason to bulk is to reach your desired weight, senpai
Maintaining my 200lbs for over a year now, BF dropping slowly

ya'll have overdeveloped shoulders and lacking everything else. go to the gym stop being autistic

>you have underdeveloped everything. Go workout stop being autistic and shitpost bating
Thanks for the bump

what I have to do the same exercise for 12 weeks before I can move to something more difficult?

I do upper body routines 3 times a week. It's mostly the same lifts but in different orders. I add pushups about 5 weeks ago, and have a sand bag weight vest now too. Both of my incline and flat barbell and dumbbell lifts have skyrocketed since I added sets of pushups.

I wish i had overdeveloped shoulders. My shoulders and handstand are my weakest point.

Also whats with these posts? First it was overdeveloped lats now shoulders.

My bench went from 185 to 225 just by doing a lot of dips and variations. Also front squat went from 185 to 205×3(i havent front squatted for a while so not sure) and my back squat went from 245 to 265.
Point is calisthenics has huge carry over to weight training.

I'm starting Gymnastics next semester at University. Despite the stigma around it being more of a women's sport in the eyes of other students I just know its gonna improve my strength, fitness, flexibility etc so it's well worth it.

you can test for mastery any time you want, senpai

free bumpu desu~~~

they are called 'free bumps' senpai

nice, good luck

Good job familia. There wont be any negativity around you when you look jacked as fuck.
Im gonna see if my community college has any interesting fitness or martial arts clubs and join. Theres shit like boxing and wrestling in my brother's uni i just hope my community college has something similar.
If not im just joining track and field.

what were you doing for lower body?

Pistol squats(weighted for a short period of time)
Glute and ham raise
Some plyometrics

could you post what were you usually doing for upper body?

Usually started with parallel bar dips or ring dips then did some variations like bulgarian dips(ring dips but more difficult) single bar dips and reverse grip single bar dips(most underrated dip variation).
Id do different variations each day so its not like id do this daily.
For vertical pushing i just did assisted handstand push ups.
I dont wanna get into pulling or isometrics because this post will take forever.

>>add weight
>>bodyweight

Who cares? If it helps me make progress then i guess i do weight training now.

He was asking how you could progress and I answered him, you either change the leverage or you can add weight. I've always advised a combination of bodyweight and free weights as the best approach to strength.

your autism is showing

What do you need famalam
Ask a gymnast anything, on my third lunch break.

How does it feel a DYEL non lifter

Thabks senpai are you a SS victim?

thanks, I was going to join the athletics but I figured I run a lot anyway. Thought i'd learn how to train in gymnastics as I don't know where to start :) I did TKD last year but the particular class moved too slowly for me but if you get a good class i'm sure it's a lot of fun.

I take it you're male? Was there any stigma around it? I'm joining my University club and I think I'll be one of the only males.

did you smash any gymnast yet

Hey guys, what's some good exercises for glutes and ass that you would like to recommend?

Glute ham raise
Reverse leg lifts
Hip thrusts
Glute focused squats

Thanks

What are the best bodyweight exercises for lower back? I can do a tuck planche but cant lift my lower back high enough

Do any of you use Isometrics? If you do, what's your favorites?

Mine is superman,
and one that I call standing superman. where you stand up straight as high on your toes as possible, stretching your arms up as far as possible while tensing all your muscles.

15 pull ups

I'm thinking mana for my next goal.

Due to procrastination I haven't done a true front lever for more than 5 seconds. (I want it at 30)

What else is there?

superman holds

isometrics? you mean holding? I do Foundation, it has some

Yeah, I guess it's called holds.
Isometrics would be more like pressing and pulling something that can't move, right.
I didn't consider that it was 2 seperate things until now.

Aren't superman holds too easy though?

not if you tense hard enough in your whole body.

How much time between the first and the second pic?

Same concept. Isometric means same length, or something like that. Your muscles are contracted to a certain length and held in that position against a force, be it pressing against an immovable object or holding against gravity like a superman hold.

>can do a dozen one handed pushups
>can barely do three good form pullups
i'm starting to think there's something wrong with me

they don't rely on the same muscles you tard

of course not, but i've been training both since i started; made pretty good progress on pushups, but awful progress on pullups.
that's what i meant.

>since i started
how long ago was than and what's your routine

one arm push ups are easy

Great, that was what I thought.

How do glute ham raise w/o machine

Ill make a video of what i do right now

Dont feel like uploading but this pic should do the job.

how hard do u push yourself off the ground

Enough to get to about 40° then my hamstrings do all the work.

Im not lucky enough to have stairs like that but hopefully that'll give me some ideas, thanks

Just gotta get creative m80

Alright guys, tell me about crunches.

What I've heard is that they're a sub-par core workout overrated by normies for 30 day ab challenges, and it fucks up your back

but scooby did them in his most recent vid and I trust that guy and I feel conflicted

should I do crunches?

If you want. They certainly wont hurt.
But there are other ab exercises that are far more effective like leg raises.
Hating crunches became a trend when some fitness gurus started to try to stand out by defying whats the norm.

ayy I always liked leg raises more than crunches anyway

thanks user

i love leg raises but i heard they make your hip flexors tight as hell

remember to stretch!

>Lying leg raises
>Hollow body holds
>L-sits
>Dip bars/Ring support knee/leg raises
>Hanging leg raises
>Dragon flags

DYEL general lmoa

Ive heard that you should not do more Than 5 minutes of abs exercises is this bro science also what are the best abs routine will weightened crunches fuck my back up

what are some good leg exercises?
i already do one legged squats, leg raises, and calf raises, but i want to hit more parts of my legs

I would glute and ham raise+plyometrics
Broscience. I dont know why there would be a time limit for abs.
Yeah you can do crunches all you want but as its been said here before there are more effective core exercises but the choice is yours.

what are good bodyweight exercises for back?

Upper or lower back?
For upper its pretty much any vertical pulling
For lower all i can think of are reverse hyperextemsions and superman holds. There might be more.

Guys I fuvked up my chest doing push-ups (tore muscle basically from tendon, I have a gap in one of my pecs near the shoulder the muscle attaches too). Anyone ever had an injury like this? It hurts more obviously whenever I do push up, chest exercises now on my right side: can I ever recover fully? Pull-ups use to be super easy now they feel like a chore

Mean push ups

I would see a doc

Here's what it looks like right now. I saw a guy and he told me that if I got surgery it would be purely cosmetic . Like I could never actually get the muscle back.
It doesn't hurt or anything just obviously feels like I'm not getting as much push out of my right pec. I try and go down more close grip triangle push up style to get triceps more involved.

Do back bridges build muscle or just flexibility?
Def see a doc bro

How did you tear it while doing push ups?

How close are you to getting planche?