Can I prepare a protein shake and take it to the gym in a bottle?

Can I prepare a protein shake and take it to the gym in a bottle?
I ask this because the label says I have to drink it asap, but why? I don't think it would degrade or something, amirite?
I'm talking a couple of hours tops btw, it would sit in the bottle for a couple of hours.

Why would you take your shake to the gym? Drink at home.

Take an empty shaker bottle
Add whey before going to the gym
Add water from the gym fountain
Shake it there and drink it
Why can you not solve simple problems m8? Are you a grill?

why the fuck would he drink it at home?

yes its fine. some people with autism will tell you the protein" breaks down", but they wont be able to tell you why this stop it being effective.

What? Why wouldnt he? And why would he take his shake to the gym?

>why the fuck would he drink it at home?

>not bringing your post-workout meal to the gym
>not plopping down on a bench to eat it as soon as you're done working out

What's the point of taking it to the gym? Is he going to drink it during his workout? Because say good bye to those gains.

OP here, guys I went extreme just to get what the worst case scenario could have been.
I train at home and I'd like to prepare my shake, put it on the table while I cook my pasta and set anything else up, and drink it while having the meal. It would sit for 30 mins at worse, so yeah I guess I'm fine.
Thanks brothers and sisters, you are like a degenerate family to me.

Are you literally retarded?

then you should do what this user said:
should have shake as soon as possible after finishing workout imo

Thinking meal timing is important top kek
But honestly op i did this once and took it to work, turned into like a pudding consistany and tasted like shit. Still choked it down

this thread is retarded lol

So that's why, it turns into a shit tasting not-so-liquid thing, got it.
Did you feel betrayed?
ok Bobster, thanks

"
down vote
accepted
For the most part this is speculation based on what I learned as from my college bio classes (which I took recently as a I just graduate as a bioengineer).

Obviously, there are circumstances in which mixing your protein into a shake may cause it to lose effectiveness. For instance, a shake with high bacterial content, such as if you put yogurt or something in it, might cause more rapid protein breakdown. Also, the presence of protein digesting enzymes in your shake would cause it to lose some potencty. How these enzymes would get into your shake, I'm not sure, but they could be present in something you else you mix into your shake. Also, keep in mind that protein powder is already in state where it is quick to degrade. So the degradation time of the protein in the shake is much lower than that of other protein sources.

Accourding to this, the half-life of whey is 3-4 hours after intake and casien is 6-8 hours. So depending on what type of protein you are using, half of it has degraded in 3-4 hours or 6-8 hours WHEN IT IS IN A DIGESTIVE ENVIRONMENT. I don't know what the half life of your shake would be, but I imagine it would be a lot more than this.

So the protein will definitely degrade, but to what extent, depends on what is in your shake. So avoid the preceding things that could cause loss of potency.

That being said, I think that you won't lose a lot of potency if you mix in the powder and keep it in the fridge for a few hours. Think of premade shakes... how long do those sit on grocery store shelves? And they are still "effective" are they not?"

My gym is right across the street. I'm just glad I can take a shower at home and not there, same with the shake.

>How protein digesting enzymes would get into your shake, I'm not sure

My powder contains enzymes specifically put into it to aid with digestion. They activate when exposed to liquid like all dried enzymes and probiotics.

>that guy filling his shaker at the water fountain

protip: If you get protein farts, letting it sit for a while can help the air settle out from shaking and reduce gas.

if im not taking a long time, why does it matter? my gym has a fountain with a station for filling water bottles in the back of it so it's literally designed to do that

what is the definition of degrade here? if it's the same as denature, then that happens in your digestive tract anyway, and is absorbed as amino acids. i dont think the amino acids just destroy themselves

The issue is microorganisms. A mixed protein shake spoils several times faster than raw minced meat. But you'd be able to tell if it's spoiled or not from the smell. Don't drink it if it smells like a corpse.

>Fell for the anabolic window meme

Kekekek

You take that shit to the gym you best be ready to share with all of us there

Or else

B-but what if it isn't a meme? I like to play it safe.