Juice fag here, AMA

Heya Veeky Forums, I'm on day 30 of my juice fast and down 27 pounds so far. Ask me anything.
Also, juicing thread. Anyone else doing this for health or cutting? Stories for motivation.

Use kale much?

What kind of juicer are you using? Post pic if you can

>Use kale much?
Kale is great, anything dark green and leafy is. The stems can make the juice bitter, but a bit of fruit or carrot balances it out.

>What kind of juicer are you using? Post pic if you can
I use two juicers at the moment, because there are two basic types.

There are the type with a spinning grater, using centrifugal force to extract the juice. I have a CJE1000C Cuisinart Juice Extractor for that. I like it. It's fast, well engineered, easy to assemble and clean, and I like the variable speed option. It makes a smooth juice, good for fruit and watery veg like tomato and cucumber. However, it leaves a wet and messy pulp so a lot of juice is left behind, and like any such centrifugal juicer it oxides and warms the juice which destroys some nutrients.

My go to juicer is an Omega single gear side extracting masticating juicer. There are many models, look at some reviews. A masticating juicer grinds up the produce and squeezes out the juice. It's slower, but you get a lot more juice out of the produce and some pulp too. I like a bit of fibre when I'm not eating solids. The pulp is fairly dry, little oxidization and warming, so you get more juice and more nutrition out of the produce.

I've used some different models, and unfortunately the cheap ones are shit. The ones I use start at $250 or so, look online for a sale.

CJE1000C Cuisinart

Here's the Omega model that looks like mine.

Do you keep your fruits and veggies in the fridge or outside? I like cold beverages, if the fruit/veg is cold is it harder on the juicer?

Juicing is shit, mate
and that's coming from a vegan

How do people around you think of your lifestyle?

>Do you keep your fruits and veggies in the fridge or outside?
I keep my produce in the fridge, it lasts longer of course. I haven't noticed that the temperature of the produce makes it any more less difficult on the juicer.

I make 1.5 to 2 litres of juice per session, using as much variety as possible, and refrigerate it. I try to drink it all up within 36 hours of making it.

I suppose it would be better to juice every time I want some, but that's more work and cleanup. Fresh homemade juice is best but we all have lives too, right?

>Juicing is shit
I admit that it's not for everyone. Why do you say it's shit? I'm curious, since you say that you're a vegan.

>How do you know that someone's a vegan?
>Don't worry, they'll tell you.

>We all have lives too

I thought juice was good for the brain but apparently it's not preventing you from forgetting where you are.

>Almost always in ten words or less from when they start talking.

>How do people around you think of your lifestyle?
Most people think I'm nuts. But it's gratifying when someone I haven't seen in a week says "I can't believe that you look slimmer in a week! How do you do it?"

I needed to drop a bunch of weight fast, so this works for me.

Yeah, vegans are funny. I admire anyone who feels strongly enough about ethical matter or about the environment to change their diet, but many are truly insufferable.

Lol

What sort of "recipes" are you following?

What's your average meal plan for any given day?

I like to make green smoothies for breakfast; using a Nutribullet.

>What sort of "recipes" are you following?
>What's your average meal plan for any given day?
>I like to make green smoothies for breakfast; using a Nutribullet.
I don't follow recipes. I try to make my juice to be 80% veg and 20% fruit (or sweet veg) just to keep the juice from being awful. Fruit has a lot of good micros, but a lot of sugar too. I use just enough fruit to keep the juice from being gross. There are probably lots of recipes online, but you can't have the same thing every time of course.
I start the day with 2-5 cups of coffee, with cream and sweetener. And a cup or two of distilled water. In the afternoon I get a little hungry and I have about a litre of juice over the hours. In the evening I'll have more juice, and lotsa booze.
I've been using my Bullet for years, it makes a great quick breakfast of a banana, some yoghurt, and protein shake powder and ice. What do you put in a green breakfast smoothie?

Back when I had access to better markets I would throw in all sorts of fun shit and mix it up every day: Kale, chard, collard greens, beets, cucumbers, spinach, brussel sprouts.... Sometimes carrots, but not very often. I kept to about 75% "green" and then mix in nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, etc..), seeds (pumpkin, chia, sunflower), and fruits (seasonal). Then throw in some matcha powder, spoonfuls of yogurt, coconut milk. Usually diluted with tea I'd brewed the night before. I'd make a bit over a liter to last me through the morning.

Since I've moved to the city getting good produce has been a pain in the dick unless I'm paying silly prices for it. Now I just mix kale, spinach, bit of fruit, tea, chia, matcha, and protein. Only making 700ml of that, though.

Fiber, bro.
Fiber is integral to healthy digestion as it slows the absorption of nutrients to stabilize blood sugar
I'd recommend smoothies, I fuckin' love smoothies
Fuck both of you, are you too fucking stupid to understand the joke?

>They are also quick to anger

I've said nothing to indicate I'm angry, and you hate vegans so much you are projecting stereotypical behavior of a "vegan" onto me.
I really don't understand how you can lack any psychological awareness

>juicing an entire bunch of kale for one cup of juice
Use cucumbers for green or sweet potatoes for something starchy. Kale doesn't have a high enough water content to juice well

Post stats