Are incline/decline presses necessary if i want this chest? will flat bench suffice

are incline/decline presses necessary if i want this chest? will flat bench suffice

or push ups

flat bench will more than suffice

his chest is still tiny

is this shopped?

This guys chest is like midget sized compared to the rest of his body

decline bench is the best pec builder as said by a guy that was mr olympia a few times, dorian yates bruv

but if I decline bench do I have to do it anyways

stop it you silly goose

The bottom of your pecs tend to line up with the bottom of your delts. This guy's do perfectly. I assume he just doesn't train his chest very hard because they look fine proportionally speaking.

Just do incline/decline you lazy piece of shit. What the fuck are you going to the gym for anyway? Put the work in or be forever dyel.

Took me a while but holy fuck kek

Is this a troll? I was told decline press is a completely useless exercise. I was told flat and incline for a big chest

Dips and weighted dips are the BEST thing you could do for chest.

Btw this is me so you know I'm not a DYEL troll or some shit

Pic related is what happens when you only flat bench.

You need at least some incline to get the clavicular head of your pecs up to proportion.

I started adding these to my workout and its insane how quickly I've been building my chest.

You will start to feel more stable in all pushing movements, you'll get more flexible and get virtually no injuries if you are using full ROM and it is functional strength, which bench press is arguably not.

How the fuck are your rear delts so developed? What do you do for them?

I do flat 5x5, incline 4x8 and dips 3xF

Disregard my high BF, my chest is still solid for natty + high BF

I've been adding a lot more body weight exercises just increase functional strength overall.

My next goal is to get my shoulders to a nice round shape.

I literally have no idea. I only do oly lifts, squats, ohp, dips, and TONS AND TONS OF PULL-UPS.

Its the vertical pulls (ie pullups)

My rear delts exploded when I started doing chin-ups every other day.

OHP obviously and practice holding handstands. If you work up to holding for a minute straight in one spot with no walking, you'll have bigger shoulders.

Not him, but I'm 99% sure it's pull ups.

Yeah. Gymnast aren't supposed to arch when they do pull ups on high bar and rings so we use our teres major a lot more. That is definitely a big reason.

stop derailing my threads u fucking cunts, answer my fucking question u useless pieces of garbage

welcome to fit.

Just reverse barbell press and everything will be fine.

Cheers lads

Fuck you

>tfw can't even a single pull-up

Too fat and not strong enough yet. Life is suffering, I'm too embarrassed in the gym to even try since I can't lift myself to chin height with proper form (i.e. not snaking around or jumping up to the bar, just solid controlled movement). What do?

I've started doing ring weighted dips because I wanted to strengthen my tricpes, ended up improving my chest. Seriously considering dropping bench alltogether.

Negatives and weight loss. Also google, there are a million 'first pull-up' programs out there.

>Negatives
Explain. You mean climbing artificially to the pull-up position and slowly descending?

flat bench is fine
incline puts a little more stress on the shoulder
decline puts less, which is why you can go heavier

people tend to bitch about sternal/clavicular head activation from different types of benching but the reality is that the difference in appearance will be negligible

tl;dr just do whatever kind of bench you want as long as you have enough volume in there
flyes are a good substitute or addition if your triceps or shoulders are fatigued

Yes, you jump up to the bar (or stand on something and step off) and then lower yourself as slowly as possible.

Rows are another way you can build the strength to do pullups. Bodyweight, barbell, or dumbell, doesn't really matter.

I agree with most of what you said, besides
>flyes are a good substitute or addition if your triceps or shoulders are fatigued

in my opinion, you're always better off just benching @ 30-50% as a finisher, instead of doing chest flys.

yeah that's a fair point. I bench narrow so generally my triceps are the first to go

flat and incline, if your lower chest is underdeveloped dips are better than decline press.

>oly lifts

Do you retards not realise 'oly lifts' includes snatching and snatching accessories?

Snatch grip deads and high pulls will blow up your upper back. Lifting shit over your head makes the rear delts and traps work pretty hard. Vertical pulls will barely touch your upper delts. If you're too dyel to go to the gym and do some pull ups at least look at emg data before you spew stupidity.

Mirin

Just bench pressing flat give u a puffy big boob looking chest.

very few people can only do flat bench press and have good pecs. most people need to add incline press to add any decent size to the upper chest. it depends on your skeletal structure/insertions.
I'd say that incline press will always help, no matter how your ribcage/chest are genetically built, but it's not always 'absolutely neccessary'

I need to know who the person is in OPs pic.

what chest? are you fucking kidding?

Asked in QTDDTOT as well, but fuck it.
So I have a bench like this, would it be viable to do incline bench on it if I just sit on the ground?

Yes, you can also lay your whole body on the bench and brace with your legs. The only thing you need to worry about is the angle of your torso compared to that of gravity and sliding off the bench.

Oh I got it user.

That's great news, thanks.

only seven hours later

Go to the smith machine

Put the bar as high up as you can

Put a bench slightly behind the bar

Hanging from the bar, bend your knees and put your toes/feet on the bench, use your legs to assist yourself as much as you need

There is also rubber bands, if your gym doesnt have an assisted pull up machine

>people tend to bitch about sternal/clavicular head activation from different types of benching but the reality is that the difference in appearance will be negligible
fucking kys for being this stupid and still giving 'advice'

proof?

>tfw only been doing bb bench this whole year
>tfw bench has shot up
>tfw chest more aesthetic than ever

>what are dips
>what is OHP

come on man

That chest is 90% genetics and 10% how he trains and what exercises he does.Fucking dumbass summerfag.

OHP by itself is enough to get that chest.
Srs.

Everyone would be better off if they just did OHP instead of bench.

PLZ DO DECLINE BENCH

YOUR BODY SHOULD NOT BE 2D

you're now Horizontalbro

All you need for a big chest
>Flat bench
>Dumbbell flies (great for preferring injuries; don't go heavy moron)
>Dips (Can be replaced with overhead press if your joints are generic dead end tier)

That's it.

Now kys

OK can someone tell me what the deal is with the sternal and clavicular heads of the pecs and if you need to do incline bench or not

people here get super edgy if you say something they don't like so idk what the story is

you need to suck his cock OP and that will give you the pecs you're looking for. If that chest the the best inspiration you can find then low standards will be pretty easy to reach

Decline is the GOAT chest pressing exercise. It involves the entire pec as opposed to the flat or incline.
The way it is positioned takes a huge amount of stress of the pec/ front delt tendon area where most people get injured from, and theres more pec involvement.

I replaced my flat bench with decline after plateuing on flat and I've never felt better. I still do flat once in a while just to maintain it but I've been getting much stronger on the decline. It's nice to see progress happen in another lift great for motivation

How do I do decline without hurting my hand/wrist? I felt some pain going through my palm under my thumb last time I declined

by stopping being a pussy

> it has been 8 hours and the weighted dips NEET still hasn't posted a fedora pic

ewww at who you are as a person

You silly goose you

Genova mode