Which olympic barbell do you use in your home gym?

Which olympic barbell do you use in your home gym?

I've just ordered my first oly bar after selling my standard weight set.

Pic related, I ordered Strength Shop's 2028 for £99

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2A788hUGllM?t=5m7s
youtube.com/watch?v=JOy7D5LaoXw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

standard 7ft oly barbell

I like those plates.

I've got a trap bar too, it's a great bar.

What's a decent weight bench that has incline/decline adjustment?

Same bar, no home gym. Too many bent bars at the 24/7 so bring my own.

You're joking right?

No.

You have to take your own bar to the gym, that's bad man.

Would you buy the same bar again, is it good enough?

>カ
What did he mean by this?

It's good

Cheers man, good to know I've not ordered a bad bar.

it's very good for it's cheap price. I'm a regular at Jonis (the owner of the strength shop) Gym in Berlin. The Gym doesn't have the cheap bars because they can't handle that much use. If you're the only one using it it should last you about a decade. Depending on how strong you are.

Hate to bring you down lad but strengthshop bar is not an Olympic lifting bar. It's rated for 120kg for c&j which is not high at all. The one at our gym broke within a couple months and must've seen a max of 110kg dropped, would not buy again. Maybe we just had a dodgy one tho.

If you're squatting, dead and bench it'll be good. Knurling is very sharp tho so is uncomfortable to squat with.

Yeah I hear what you're saying

I won't be olympic lifting with it, just OH pressing, front squats, rowing etc.

Some basic hypertrophy stuff.

It won't be dropped or abused.

>it should last you about a decade. Depending on how strong you are

It will last me 20 years then. Well into my 60's

Seriously where can you get a mid level bar in Yuroland? Because shipping one in from the States is expensive as fuck, might as well buy an Eleiko then

damn you have some long arms familia

Return it and order either the bastard bar or the bastard power bar. If you're not going to be doing oly lifts, get the bastard power bar.

DO NOT cheap out on the bar. It is the one thing you should be prepared to put £200-250+ MINIMUM. I'd rather lift with a good bar and a cheap shitty rack + plates rather than a shitty bar and good plates + rack.

You can't make a good bar with decent bar stock for £99. It will be cheap hot rolled shit.

Finnish Leoko is good.

What is the most minimal home gym set-up?

Soend $$$ on good bar.
Cheap plate off Craigslist, preferably bumpers.

I think a rack may be the toughest bit.

good thing i live in the US so i can just get a texas bar

Germanfag here, bought an ATX Power Bar for 250 yuros. Got a tensile strength rating of 206k psi (same as the Strength Shop Bastard bar I think), which is more than most Rogue bars have. I can't say anything about how they're holding up with long term use because I just got it last month and I'm a weak lanklet anyway so I'm not going to put any serious weight on it anytime soon, but it feels fairly high quality, good machining, knurling is grippy but not too rough, doesn't spin as good because bronze bushings, but if you're not doing any oly lifting this shouldn't be an issue. Also bushings are more reliable than bearings.

some of us are on the budget.

These 2028 come well recommended for their price.

Are you familiar with the concept of importing goods from other countrys? Strenght shop and pullum both have UK stock of texas power, DL and squat bars lmaooo

Yeah and they are expensive as fuck because of the import duty and high as fuck taxes

that's a Japanese yen coin

Buy nice or buy twice.

It's only an extra £100 for a bar that you won't want to replace 6 months down the line.

WHAT
I'd pay to see you

£360 from strength shop isn't terrible desu. Enjoy your import tax on all SBD products kek

you can make your own rack from wood

Have you personally used a 2028 Strength Shop bar?

I hear what you're saying but I don't think these are as bad as the cheap chinese bars.

It'll be fine for my needs I'm sure.

Might as well buy a bastard bar for rougly half the price tbqh
Not a mall sharter btw

uwot. The bar is the most expensive thing in a homegym. You're paying for use of the gym's equipment but bringing your and using your own anyway. Get, or weld yourselfe an adjustable squat rack or something.

I own the strength shop functional training bar which is almost the exact same as the 2028, they just re-released it without the crossfit style name. Only difference is needle bearings vs bushings.

Arrived with a slight bend already, and the bend was worse after about 2 weeks of use. This is just squatting, deadlifting, benching etc. Now I only use it for rack pulls but I still don't like it for that because the knurling is sharp as fuck. Both the end caps fell off after a few days.

They are better than ultra cheap chinese bars because they have a better coating and the sleeves spin better due to no hex bolt, but the bar stock is just as shitty.

The bastard bars are on sale at the moment too which is even more reason to get them.

kek

Nah yen is 円 or ¥. カ means mosquito, or it's a name pronounced "ka".

You can buy a bar for an extra 100$ that will last you like 30 years. You're buying shit, my university just redid their entire sports complex, cost millions. However, to save money they bought this garbage, 2 months in and only 25% are usable. And this happened during the summer semester. I can't image whats going to happen to the bars during the actual fall session.

The same bar yes, but a totally scenario.

One is being abused and one is being used in a home gym.

>tfw $12 1" chineseium bar
>tfw getting the exact same thing out of it for 1/50th of the price apart from not being able to DL

>exact same thing
>apart from

huh

Not different scenario at all. They're are literally 10 people a day at the gym amongst 30+ bars. I doubt every bar gets used every 3 days.

vs $230 US lmao which is currently = to 174 Pounds or 203 Euro.

but ok

I used to do the same thing. I have a bunch of custom racks & benches. Packed up the home gym for about 2 yrs while I was moving and took my own bar and 100lbs plates to a 24/7 gym and they would let me store them in a closet.

My routine doesn't have DL anyway so I'm good.

And Squats if you weren't dyel
And Bench if you actually lifted for a while

>Has to bring his own bar to the gym

You realise that you're living out those shit gym memes that have become popular lately? The tipping receptionist ones.

ohio power bar 20 kg

great bar. does not move

every knurling dot has a small negative top with another small spike in it. guess it's to increase surface. knurling imprint on your hand vanishes after about 30s. doesn't injure you or hurt or anything. it's perfect

I have one as well, in bare steel. Love it. Like you said, it's stiff as fuck. I use it for presses and squats.

I also have a Texas Power Bar (Buddy Capps Welding) on my DL platform and a Rogue Castro bar (also plain steel) for Oly lifts.

>go to gym
>tip the doorman with my last change on my way in
>get changed and go to the bar valet counter
>present my valet ticket to the attendant
>he brings my bar, but its got a dent and a cigarette butt in the ashtray (i always put my cigs in the ashtray on the squat rack)
>tell the valet boy im not tipping him for this shoddy work
>he proceeds to follow me around the gym, his hand extended, passive-aggressively waiting for his tip
>ive got enough of this shit, so i take my bar and leave

Hell, with this kind of service I'd go for a rental bar every time if I could, but theres just no rental company that takes the risk of under 25 year-old lifters

Say hello to nina you faggot

At my home gym.

Wish the knurling was a bit more aggressive though.

SWIM found a better home for an Eleiko bar.
My garage.

Just take a really rough file to it

>Trust me user

i personally feel you should either get a decent cheapass bar or get a nice expensive bar no in between

for cheap the most recommended is cap ob86b for nice get something certified like an eleiko bar

ouch...

>Even a bastard file wouldn't just file off the knurling
>You understand what a file actually does
>He shouldn't use a centre punch to create more aggresive indentations for him to grip

>1 ton of steel cost around 300 bucks
>45 pound bar cost 1/3 of that
I know they have to be assembled but why the fuck are barbells or any other lifting equipment so fucking expensive

>at rich friends house that is dyel
>he bought a rack, 6 plates and a bar
>he didnt mention he bought a shitty bar
>load up lmao 3pl8 to show him how its done
>bang out 5 reps
>bar is now bent as fuck
k

>what is the cost of casting and machining operations
>what is labor
you sound like a hillary voter

or take the sleeves off, chuck it in a lathe and re-knurl it

Bare steel here

Fucking best bar I've ever used with the exception of that stupid ridged sleeve bullshit.

>99 pounds
you got ripped off mine was only 45

>chineseium
thats a new one kek

Managed to pick up a thick barbell a couple years ago on clearance. I like it. York I think; been awhile but I'm pretty sure.

youtu.be/2A788hUGllM?t=5m7s

rogue ohio power bar

youtube.com/watch?v=JOy7D5LaoXw

yep seen that earlier. The only way a bar is going to snap is if there's a manufacturing fault, which could happen in any bar.

never change Veeky Forums