So where on the scale of "machines bad - free weights good" do cable machines fall? you still have to balance the bar

so where on the scale of "machines bad - free weights good" do cable machines fall? you still have to balance the bar

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/triceps-pushdown-rope-attachment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What the fuck is going on with his right lower leg?

Cable machines are perfectly viable for accessory exercises like pec flies or cable rows after heavy compound exercises with free weights.

If your main workout circles around isolation movements on cable machines you will go literally nowhere

yes I do both 50-50

Since i'm a newbie and can't really do that many pull-ups, I find that the overhead lat machine is a pretty decent replacement till I get enough strength.

Dip/pullup assist is way better for that

Switch to it if your gym has one

Also consider negative pullups/chinups

I know this is a bitch thing to day but those are kinda embarassing to use

Lol being embarrassed doing a workout at the gym. My gym has a harambe memorial day every week so we walk around with our dicks out and no one cares.

yeah i'll try that tonight, ty user

reverse knee hyperextensions, are you even trying?

Why do you people have such small calves?
How do you get to the point of having your biceps bigger than you goddamn calves?

Basic human physiology I guess

Godspeed.

not
t. muscular calf man

Roided fucks who forget to train legs look so fucken tarded mayun

I hope this is shooped

Cable machines still allow for mostly free movement like barbells, they just change the direction of force that you must balance.

Most people only have a problem with machines that lock you into a certain movement pattern.

I agree but unfortunately this pic is straight from a tutorial on bb.com bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/triceps-pushdown-rope-attachment

You're a bitch for saying that.

The major problem with machines is the fixed ROM. Cables don't have that problem so they're fine. But they should still be used secondarily to free weights due to stabilizer work.

You are both retarded af and have probably never lifted a weight in your life.
He is wearing extremely wide shorts he could have massive gucking tree trunks and you would not see it just because his pants are so baggy.
Posts like this are a nice way to tell who has a sub 4pl8 squat on here lmao.

low quality bait

I'm dead serious. Wear a pair of shorts this wide and take a pic of your legs. They will look nonexistent.

>lmao look at him he skipped leg day xD

Stop talking shit and start lifting fag

>The human leg, in the general sense, is the entire lower extremity or limb of the human body, including the foot, thigh and even the hip or gluteal region. However, the definition in human anatomy refers only to the section of the lower limb extending from the knee to the ankle (called crus in Latin; the posterior of the crus is the sura).
Even if we go by the wider definition, which part of the leg do you think we were talking about?
The part that's in plain view and obviously completely underdeveloped?
Or that part that's covered in baggy shorts.
Gee I don't know, that's a tough one. Stop for a moment and reflect on how fucking stupid you are.

stop projecting. not everone on here is a dyel planning to start some day. I'm not on gear and my shoulders are probably half his size but I still have double his calves from simple aerobic exercises and the basic core and leg workouts.

Are you actually retarded? His calf looks completely fine and proportional, obviously you pack on a lot less muscle on your calves compared to your upper body so at some point your upper body will dwarf your calves.
I did not think you meant his calves since that would be even more retarded.

Post your calves big boi.

>>>r/blackpeopletwitter

kill yourself

>If your main workout circles around isolation movements on cable machines you will go literally nowhere
Are you saying someone doing only cable machines will literally have NO gains whatsoever? Is that what you're saying? You have proof for that broscience, bro?