Tfw keto-cardio master race

>tfw keto-cardio master race

Who else /EndlessEnergy/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26920240
fnic.nal.usda.gov/how-many-calories-are-one-gram-fat-carbohydrate-or-protein
youtube.com/watch?v=96VZFklUM_Q
blogs.scientificamerican.com/mind-guest-blog/the-fat-fueled-brain-unnatural-or-advantageous/#
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respiratory_quotient#Respiratory_quotients_of_some_substances
jeb.biologists.org/content/210/12/2146.long
diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/63/1/75.short
nature.com/pr/journal/v55/n3/abs/pr200478a.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10480618
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9870562
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26621475
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17227964
jbc.org/content/280/27/25864.short
twitter.com/AnonBabble

me

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26920240
>Although there has been historical64 and recently revived65 interest in chronic adaptation to high-fat, low-carbohydrate diets, the present evidence suggests that enhanced rates of fat oxidation can only match exercise capacity/performance achieved by diets or strategies promoting high carbohydrate availability at moderate intensities,64 whereas the performance of exercise at the higher intensities is impaired.64,66 This appears to occur as a result of a down-regulation of carbohydrate metabolism even when glycogen is available.67 Further research is warranted both in view of the current discussions65 and the failure of current studies to include an adequate control diet that includes contemporary periodized dietary approaches
>in general they appear to reduce rather than enhance metabolic flexibility by reducing carbohydrate availability and capacity to use carbohydrate effectively as an exercise substrate. Therefore, competitive athletes would be unwise to sacrifice their ability to undertake high-quality training or high-intensity efforts during competition that could determine the outcome

nice meme

I didn't say /OccasionalSpikesOfHighEnergy/
I said /EndlessEnergy/

I didn't say it can match muscle glycogen for anaerobic stress. No one does. I said cardio, dipshit.

oil = diesel. slow, stable, high storage capacity, no penalties for overfilling, burns clean.

sugar = rocket fuel. if used properly, can provide super boosts. however it is unstable in the body, time sensitive, burns dirty, has very small storage capacity, overfilling the storage can have devastating effects on health, and it also fuels bacteria, viruses, fungi and cancer.

I believe that soldiers, firefighters/policemen/paramedics, competitive anaerobic athletes, and furniture movers should be sugar burners. The intense bursts of rocket fuel they need can only be produced by sugar.

Everyone else though, i.e. most people, ESPECIALLY sedentary people, should be in keto.

>talking out of your ass

>having no argument

That's actually true to be honest.

Take a look at the bodies of indiginous peoples and compare their diet to how they lived and played and even their social structures and religious ceremonies.

Compare it to your own body and how you feel during exercise and after meals containing certain foods.

It will tell you everything you need to know about eating for your lifestyle and bodytype.

except that literally every high level endurance athlete eats high carb

keto BTFO hard, you ketofags are all obesefaggots who try to justify your shit eating habits

They eat high carb because it is calorie dense burned the easiest and won't make them too heavy.
Fat is a slow burn and is supposed to keep you alive and going for long periods.

Keto + IF master race.

I eat low carb and can shit on pretty much everybody at work. Unload faster than just about everybody and keep the pace up until I leave or sort any two people. Heaviest box we get is 150lbs I think and it isn't too bad putting it over my head as long as it isn't super awkwardly shaped or packed shitty and moving around. Can go days without eating and still work like this. Nothing against carbs at all, but I feel good like this. Weekly headaches/migraines stopped too. I do miss oatmeal and pineapple.

burden of proof is on you dumbfuck

all of them ate carbs you fucking moron

fnic.nal.usda.gov/how-many-calories-are-one-gram-fat-carbohydrate-or-protein

This shit is taught in primary school ffs

Why are kindergartners posting on Veeky Forums?

/thread

That's because it's competitive, so they're still going mostly anaerobically. They're doing long distance but still using muscle glycogen (rocket fuel), hardly burning fat. That's why they have to take sips of sugar and swallow sugary goo every 5 mins. But you take away the sugar and they wouldn't be able to do even a fraction if it. They'd crash. A fat burner doesn't need to constantly refuel, he uses his own.

Here's an example of a fat-burning runner
youtube.com/watch?v=96VZFklUM_Q
>Timothy Olson is an American ultra-runner. He has won the Western States 100 and holds the Western States course record of 14 hours, 46 minutes and 44 seconds.

>obesefaggots, shit eating habits
That's cute. I'm 5'10", 125lbs, and am in excellent cardiovascular health according to my doctor who is the top world authority in her field.

yeah but the burden of cancer/diabetes/alzheimers/parkinsons will be on you

Why are you fantasizing this false dichotomy between fat burning and sugar burning? Healthy people who aren't genetically castrated have an amazing thing called metabolic flexibility. Muscles adapt to whatever the training and nutritional impositions are.

Because I'm not talking about just exercise. Not just talking about some meme 'fat-burning' zone for on a treadmill for 30 mins a week wearing makeup and slutgear while looking for a husband to financially ensnare in your roastie.

Keto is burning almost entirely fat every single second of the day. While sitting. Sleeping. Dietary and body fat, treated as one contiguous gigantic source of energy (i.e. no desperate need to top up every 4 hours) burned just to exist.

Like I said in the OP, apart from obvious cases, keto is the long-term superior fuel system for most human beings.

>(i.e. no desperate need to top up every 4 hours) burned just to exist.
Oh look, you just did it again. Hard to tell if your reading comprehension or self-reflective thinking is to blame, but both could probably use some work anyway.

>Like I said in the OP, apart from obvious cases, keto is the long-term superior fuel system for most human beings.
Proof by assertion? Well that does it. We're done here. Everyone can go home now. This guy has it all figured out.

Here's a ton on stuff nigga
blogs.scientificamerican.com/mind-guest-blog/the-fat-fueled-brain-unnatural-or-advantageous/#

>In fact, BHB (a major ketone) may be an even more efficient fuel than glucose, providing more energy per unit oxygen used.

>A ketogenic diet also increases the number of mitochondria, so called “energy factories” in brain cells. A recent study found enhanced expression of genes encoding for mitochondrial enzymes and energy metabolism in the hippocampus, a part of the brain important for learning and memory.

>Ketones directly inhibit the production of oxidants, and enhance their breakdown through increasing the activity of glutathione peroxidase, a part of our innate anti-oxidant system. The low intake of carbohydrates also directly reduces glucose oxidation (something called “glycolysis”). Using a glucose-like non-metabolized analogue, one study found that neurons activate stress proteins to lower oxidant levels and stabilize mitochondria.

Scroll down and the article also refers to studies showing keto having a beneficial effect on pateints with Alzheimers, Parkinsons, mild cognitive impairment, and even on animals with ALS.

These benefits are stated to come from KETOSIS, not from 'metabolic felxibility', whaetever you mean by that. Reverting to glycolysis shuts down ketosis.

>>In fact, BHB (a major ketone) may be an even more efficient fuel than glucose, providing more energy per unit oxygen used.
This claim is citationless and I don't understand how this it can be made when glucose has a better RQ and P/O ratio.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respiratory_quotient#Respiratory_quotients_of_some_substances
jeb.biologists.org/content/210/12/2146.long

>>A ketogenic diet also increases the number of mitochondria, so called “energy factories” in brain cells.
Mitochondrial quantity is not the same as mitochondrial quality or functionality. In many circumstances, less mitochondria are desirable. For example

diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/63/1/75.short

>>A recent study found enhanced expression of genes encoding for mitochondrial enzymes and energy metabolism in the hippocampus, a part of the brain important for learning and memory.
Yet the net effect on cognition appears negative

nature.com/pr/journal/v55/n3/abs/pr200478a.html

>>Ketones directly inhibit the production of oxidants, and enhance their breakdown through increasing the activity of glutathione peroxidase, a part of our innate anti-oxidant system.
These are more easily refutable citation-less claims

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10480618
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9870562
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26621475
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17227964
jbc.org/content/280/27/25864.short

>>The low intake of carbohydrates also directly reduces glucose oxidation (something called “glycolysis”). Using a glucose-like non-metabolized analogue, one study found that neurons activate stress proteins to lower oxidant levels and stabilize mitochondria.
As if a compensatory response to restore redox homeostasis is somehow groundbreaking?

>Scroll down and the article also refers to studies showing keto having a beneficial effect on pateints with Alzheimers, Parkinsons, mild cognitive impairment, and even on animals with ALS.
They all implicate excitotoxicity to some degree, so it's not surprising that ketones (which inhibit neural excitability) can be helpful in treatment as with epilepsy. This says nothing about the diet being beneficial for healthy individuals looking to prevent the onset of those disorders in the first place, i.e. "most human beings".

>These benefits are stated to come from KETOSIS, not from 'metabolic felxibility', whaetever you mean by that. Reverting to glycolysis shuts down ketosis.
MCT oil or exogenous ketone supplements can facilitate ketone body production without any restriction on carbohydrates. Ironically, most of the human trials your article references are done using these. And if you don't know such basic terminology I suggest you finish reading a high school biology textbook before forming opinions about biology next time, lest you come off like a flat earther trying to talk physics.

>Not just talking about some meme 'fat-burning' zone for on a treadmill for 30 mins a week wearing makeup and slutgear while looking for a husband to financially ensnare in your roastie.
Post of the year, awesome !

me

>2 weeks in keto right now
>run 30+ mins 4-5 a week
>lift for an hour 4-5 a week
>getting lean
>building strength
>mental clarity out the wazzoo so I'm doing great at work

Works for me.

>They all implicate excitotoxicity to some degree, so it's not surprising that ketones (which inhibit neural excitability) can be helpful in treatment as with epilepsy. This says nothing about the diet being beneficial for healthy individuals looking to prevent the onset of those disorders in the first place, i.e. "most human beings".
Does it not make logical sense that if A can reverse B, A might also help prevent B in the first place?

>MCT oil or exogenous ketone supplements can facilitate ketone body production without any restriction on carbohydrates.
Exogenous ketones are a meme. No they don't facilitate ketone body production, they are just VERY EXPENSIVE (ehehehe) ketones you put in your body and burn them. Then go back to being a sugar burner. No substitute for nutritional ketosis. They have likely NO benefit to those who are not also eating a well-formulated ketogenic diet, and only marginal benefits to those who are ketoadapted.

Getting back to the main point, you really think that most people (office workers, drive everywhere, sedentary) should really be eating carbs (what I see as 'rocket fuel')? They don't do anything anaerobic for more than a few seconds at a time (which ATP is enough for). The muscles and liver can only store a relatively small amount. And lazy people don't move. So the tank is filled up. Yet they keep pouring it in, keep eating carbs. They get fatter and more tired, which makes them eat more carbs, and the cycle continues etc. Leading to T2 diabetes and possibly others diseases linked to chronically high insulin.

Does ketosis not make more sense for such people (i.e. most people)?

>Does it not make logical sense that if A can reverse B, A might also help prevent B in the first place?
Not really. A drug might be great for treating cancer, but you wouldn't expect it to prevent new cancer that develops random mutations capable of evading the mechanism of action.

>Exogenous ketones are a meme. No they don't facilitate ketone body production,
They increase mitochondrial protein acetylation, which will upregulate the ketogenesis pathway.

>No substitute for nutritional ketosis.
You say that as if it's well-accepted fact, yet there is no data comparing the two. Certain baggage that accompanies ketogenic diets (for instance elevated blood free fatty acids) might very well work against the potential benefits of ketone bodies under these circumstances. Furthermore, non-ketogenic dietary interventions might prove to have greater effect size. Berries have neuroprotective effects yet eating any significant quantity of them will create a non-ketogenic macronutrient distribution.

>Getting back to the main point
The overall body of evidence suggests they should be exercising and eating healthy sources of carbohydrate like whole grains, fruits, legumes and vegetables while minimizing others like refined sugar and starch. Every introduction to health textbook and the lifestyle guidelines from every recognized health organization on the planet will tell you this.

>They don't do anything anaerobic for more than a few seconds at a time (which ATP is enough for).
Glucose has metabolic fates other than anaerobic ATP generation such as mitochondrial oxidation and utilization by the cell as a carbon source for biosynthesis.

>The muscles and liver can only store a relatively small amount.
Glycogen can expand massively. Just look at the hepatomegaly of some glycogen storage diseases.

>And lazy people don't move. So the tank is filled up. Yet they keep pouring it in
That's a problem with overconsumption of calories and not any macronutrient per se.

Your answers are interesting and informative.
That's why I'm going to probe some more.

>The overall body of evidence suggests they should be exercising and eating healthy sources of carbohydrate like whole grains, fruits, legumes and vegetables while minimizing others like refined sugar and starch
You're speaking as if there's a big difference between those 'good' sources on the one hand and those 'bad'. But after some digestive breakdown (starting in the mouth with saliva), aren't they pretty much the same thing? They still break down into basically refined sugar quickly in the body. The 'overall body of evidence' as you put it is why dumb normies think that carbs and sugar are totally different, unrelated things. They have no idea that their plate full of 'healthy' whole grains, fruit and lentils is turning into sugar inside them quicker than they can finish the meal.

>Glucose has metabolic fates other than anaerobic ATP generation such as mitochondrial oxidation and utilization by the cell as a carbon source for biosynthesis.
Yeah but can't ketones and FFAs and trigglypuffs etc do that instead?

>Glycogen can expand massively. Just look at the hepatomegaly of some glycogen storage diseases.
Those are very rare genetic disease. When the average person pours carbs down their gullet when their skeletal muscle glycogen and liver glycogen is pretty much already at max, get get flabby everywhere, not just a bloated liver.

>That's a problem with overconsumption of calories and not any macronutrient per se.
From my personal experience, I never find myself overeating in keto.

Before this, if I ate a 500kcal carby meal, I'd crash 1-2 hours after, and be hungry again 4 hours later. If I overate with a 2000kcal meal, I'd have a huge crash 1-2 hours later, and be extremely hungry 4 hours later.

Now, in keto, if I have a 500kcal meal, I have no crash, and get kinda hungry about 6 hours later, but it's no biggie.
If I overeat with a 2000kcal meal, I have no crash, feel satisfied, and have no interest in food for about 24 hours.

I think there's a big difference when it comes to overeating with a normal diet vs keto diet. This whole sugar-insulin-leptin/ghrelin business.

Two further questions:
You seem very knowledgeable. Are you a doctor or something?
Have you actually tried keto yourself? You know what they say about books vs experience.