Is it possible to get bigger/stronger while staying the same weight?

is it possible to get bigger/stronger while staying the same weight?

>is it possible to increase your body mass without increasing your body mass?

its called a body recomposition. look into it

Bigger no (obviously).
Stronger yes, of course.
If it wasn't possible, bodybuilding wouldn't have weight categories.

Er, weightlifting, not bodybuilding.

it's possible if you have fat to lose, if you are aushwitz then no

Lose bodyfat, gain muscle you mean?

I'm not sure but I'd assume you bulk 5 lbs higher, and then cut to 5 lbs lower, and rinse and repeat.

Not exactly bigger since the mass your replacing with muscle isn't that much different

fuck m8s, i prolly at 10% and 160. i just cant eat anymoar rice and chicken. i think this is my natty limit

How tall are you

If you're trying to bulk, stop trying to do it healthy. Just eat protein and fucking garbage. Like donuts, ice cream, soda. Seriously

Stronger yes, look up CNS adaptation
Bigger, very slightly, more likely to lose fat/gain muscle and look more cut than anything if you stay at the same weight.

Take it from me
>5ft8
>120lbs
>used to bench bar
>2 years later bench 1plate on incline
>Now i bench 175lbs for 3x5
>weigh 124lbs now
>took me 3 years of strength training OP

Still look skinny as shit but atleast im strong

69 inches. my stomach is kinda a cuck tho, so i have to eat real careful

Why the fuck would you not try to gain weight? Why would you let yourself gain only 4lbs in THREE YEARS of training

You're bretty tall. You should honestly weigh a bit more at your height. If you want to look like you have muscle mass, at least

Can you handle boxed mac and cheese and hamburger helper? I did that shit and gained like 20lbs

why are you trying to be strong in a weight class you dont fit into? 120 is very underweight for a lifter of your height.

spaghetti really worked for my DYEL room8 last semester. ill give it a go, 175 would be great

In my defense I'm quite poor so i have very little money for food, actually i have no money for food, so the best i can do now is just pure strength training and HIIT.

Once i transfer to university ill get a job thee so i can finnaly by my own powercage and food

maybe hes an actor/stuntdouble

Im 5'11 and 160. I also think 175 is a good weight goal weight for myself. Good luck bulking bro, im also an avid runner so its going to be more difficult for me.

Please dont do HIIT. You need all the energy you have for recovering.
If bait, you got me good.

I've maintained at 200 lbs over the past two years and I've greatly improved my strength.
So yes, it is possible get stronger while staying the same weight.

Not bait, being serious, i need the cardio.

I don't run nowwhere near as much as i did in highschool XC/track, so all i do is just do 2x100m sprints and 1x400m dash, that's pretty much it.

Thta's enough cardio & HIIT for the day, I do them after workouts.

The fuck would you do hiit for if you are already not getting enough calories to build muscle?

To keep up with cardio???
I don't want to die from barely running 100m????

The way the other anons put it makes it seem like i'm a major fuck up, fucking up bad???

All i want to do is get stronger and sprint faster, i'm getting stronger and sprinting faster, aren't I doing everything right so far?

I do compounds for 3x5 and i improved on them, and I do HIIT for cardio & other benefits?
The fattest I have ever been was when i weighed 133lbs, and at that weight i had a skinnyfat gut, yall make it seem like Im a fuck up here, I'm not a fuck up am I?

yes.

your body will simply use the fat stored on you to grow more muscle to cope with the stresses you are putting it under, in addition to the deficit you are creating

unless you are already a skinnyfag with very low bf. then you will need to compensate with extra food

Post pic
I'm 5'8" as well, coming from being a fat fuck and heading down to 140 (again, was sick of cutting and not getting stronger so I bulked for a bit)
I seriously want to see someone at my height, that thin, that can bench that much

I'm curious about this too.

>5'9
>165lbs
>15-20% bodyfat
>want to be 5-10% bodyfat
>don't want to gain or lose any more than 10lbs

I do team roping and I don't want my horse trying to haul 200lbs of man at a full-tilt boogie when it could be haul 150-175lbs instead. I do have a some muscle, but I have a beer gut getting started.

I've read the sticky and tried SS but just felt like I was wasting my time only going to the gym for like 30 minutes. I wanna be there for a minimum of 1-2 hours.

What diet/routine should I do for the most hypertrophy gains and fat loss while maintaining weight + or - 10 pounds?

>30 min at gym on SS
You probably didn't do it long enough
What were your lifts at? If you're out in half an hour there's no way you did 7 sets at max weight spread across squat, bench and deads

If you want to keep your weight as your primary goal, it may be worth cutting low (unsure what that would be for you, we don't know what you look like) and slow bulking up

You'll look good (low bf is the basis for aesthetics) and will look better while bulking.

Nooe, you got to bulk and put on at leaat as much body fat as you do myscle, then cut the fat off later while trying to keep about 4% of the muscle mass

I never realized how shit this picture makes me look like, maybe its the phone camera or maybe i need to start a hypertrophy routine.

Here's me at 125.8lbs at 68inches/5ft8

Bench 3x5 175lbs
Squat 3x5 165lbs
OHP 3x5 120lbs
Deadlift 1x5 225lbs

No Veeky Forums just doesn't like cardio because they think it's a gains killer, which it is, for skinny people like you, and everyone here does strength training. They're just saying that your bench is good for your weight but it would be easier and progress faster and go higher if you put on some pounds.

Jesus Christ man
Get yourself some food money quick
Your OHP could be much better after 3 years and your squat/dead is super low

In general everything seems really off balance
Are you modifying the workouts at all or something?

Woah you look like pyramid head.

>Are you modifying the workouts at all or something?
Nope
I started out benching for the first 1.5 years then I did this

Mon--squats,OHP, deadlifts, lateral raises, pull ups, chin ups
Weds--squats, incline bench, lateral raises, pull ups, chin ups
Fri--squats,OHP, deadlifts, lateral raises, pull ups, chin ups

You are right that if I gained more weight my stats would be bigger, but I can't with money and all.

Nice chest but your bench shouldn't be higher than your squat... in my opinion, of course. I'm a Veeky Forums retard that thinks 1/2/3/4 is ideal just because it's a meme and for literally no other reason.

That's odd. It's just kind of weird for your squats to be so low. Think about it like, your legs are the biggest muscles in your. You got your core in it. You got your hips in it. It should be moving more weight than your bench press which uses smaller muscles

KEK
YOU HAVE A :3 BELLY

Ohh shit, I forgot to tell you, I only squat in the summer because the CC I got to has no squat racks nor power cages, so throughout the schoolyear i just do bench and deadlifts, same routine I posted just without squats.

Then once summer comes i go to another community college and squat there, since i deadlift throughout the year my squat doesn't really get that high but i only have around 2 months for the summer so i guess that's why my squat seems so low when I get to working on it.

That pic doesn't do much justice, shitty camera and all, I'm very very skinny with no belly, I have the red marks because i sit down hunched over.

Lol you absolutely have a belly. If you didn't you would have visible abs without flexing.

If i drop down to 110lbs then I will have a shitty 4 pack, but that's too skinny and I didn't like it because i was even more of a twig, please no more bully user.

>5'10 (178cm) ~170lbs (77.5kg) here 2 month into the lifting and i'm doing gslp fit edition
I started every movement with empty bar to;
squat -> 163lbs / 74kg
deadlift -> 191lbs / 87kg
bench -> 114lbs / 52kg
ohp -> 79lbs / 36kg

Started skinnyfat mode with no muscle now still skinnyfat but with some muscle.My weight stay same in two months.Diet is semi clean recomp mode with ~120g protons.

OP's question is bothering me too.My bodyfat specially in belly area is noticable even in cloths.Didnt change in 2 months but i'm looking little bigger than 2 months ago.I know my weights are not impressive but still progressing.
Is recomp meme or should continue this way?

Yes
>burn fat while building muscle

>5'8
>120
Are you a girl? Serious. I'm 5'8 and at 150 I was a spooky skelly, can't imagine being lighter than that. I'm 180 now, 14-15% bf and still look lean.
You gotta eat man.