You need a strength base before doing a bodybuilding/aesthetics routines

>You need a strength base before doing a bodybuilding/aesthetics routines
>Strength training is the best way for a natty to gain "aesthetics"

These statements are complete fucking nonsense yet you idiots keep perpetuating them and turning newbies into pseudo powerlifters.

There is also absolutely no fucking need to squat and deadlift if you don't want to.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=slkh01aKxvE
youtube.com/watch?v=_z5yLam1SFs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Enjoy your pussy gains bitch

>yeah brah curls all day

Lel

Post a picture of your body with a timestamp, thanks.

Also, none says shit like you "quoted". All people say is that increasing weights aka linear overload is the best way to gain muscle mass for natties.

first post best post

>There is also absolutely no fucking need to squat and deadlift if you don't want to.
Sort of true, if you're on the same shit as pic related, you don't even have to go to the gym. But if you want to get a good physique drug free you better deadlift and squat son.

>Getting picture related without going to the gym
hello newfriend

>Benching sub 1 pl8 for 12 reps will give you a big chest.
Mist people that start lifting have never been to a gym in their lives.

It was parroted on fit nonstop for fucking years.

Somebody post that guy who did SS for 36 months and ended up looking like a literal Hercules

Sure thing. Post your body

Why do these folk work so hard on their bodies and then determine to cover their arms in assclown tattoos?

the guy looks incredible but the 36 months SS part is a meme buddy

>implying squats and deadlifts arent king as fuck.

King at snapping your shit up

>Thinking you can be aesthetic lifting baby weight

Ask any big cunt in your gym how much they lift and guaranteed it's some heavy ass shit. Guess how i know you're dyel as fuck OP. Stupid fuck, the people in pic related probably aren't natty either.

>I have shit form

Found the DYEL.

okay become a body builder curling soup cans user

>Probably aren't natty either
>Probably

Does it matter what my body looks like if I'm simply telling you a fact?

On second thought, post your power lifting built body with todays date. If you do that I'll post my hairy chunky calisthenics built dadbod and we can compare workout notes.
Deal?

All it takes is one tiny muscle imbalance or one very brief moment of form breakdown and you are out of lifting for life.

Man those guys sure jumped into the big boy juice now

I really hope this is bait for the sake of the kids

jesus the Harrison twins are starting to get huge

lel, i'm trying to be objective user, I can't actually prove they're fraud fucks

"strength base" is obviously bullshit. the point of the novice routines is to quickly gain strength AND mass. even if they're "strength" routines you should still pack on significant muscle mass.

of course, I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually say you need to build a "strength base". the only times I've seen that claim is when people make posts on Veeky Forums about how building strength first is bullshit.

Then dont do wrong things asshole
Do you know what could happen if you drive your car improperly? you could die or get paralyzed
Do you stop driving just because of that?
kys

Reddit>Veeky Forums

Strength base is most definitely not bullshit and you are quite misinformed my friend. The point of novice routines is to take advantage of "noob gains" and maximise progressive overload i.e. strength. A novice can easily add 2.5-5kg to each lift every workout whereas an intermediate may only progress on a weekly or fortnightly basis. This is what novice/intermediate routines cater towards.

You actually do. I neglected core and my posterior chain and it has caused me lots of back pain. Learned from that mistake

curious to see this

anyone?

It's to pack on strength first and foremost.
The lifting range is and relative lack of activity not good for peak muscle mass building.

If you want something that has a good balance between mass and strength then pick up the reg park beginner bodybuilding routine.

>Does it matter what my body looks like if I'm simply telling you a fact?

I don't know, do we need to give proof of our knowledge before people think we are qualified to give constructive criticism?
Yes. Yes we do. If you want us to jsut accept your critique of our methods back it up with stats and visible results. We have no reason to accept your word on faith otherwise.

Meanqhile, since we are not the sheep you seem to think we are, each of us into fitness has already tried and evaluated which methods work best on our own bodies, so we have no need for your preaching frankly.

man I always forget to save the pic
hope anybody posts it, goal body desu

it is a meme fucktard

what the fuck does that even mean, I just want to see how he looks

thank you for your courtesy user

>I'll post my hair chunky calisthenics built dadbod
So you say you don't need a strength base to be aesthetic but you have neither the strength nor the aesthetics? Lmao into the trash this thread goes.

he didn't actually do ss for 36 months otherwise he would be squatting 1080kg for 3x5

Massive blob of text
No pic

I don't think you understand. I'm stating that on Veeky Forums people would scream "need a strength base" and "strength training is the best way to get aesthetics". Fuck the latter is being parroted around her RIGHT NOW.

I'm not even the guy you were talking too before. I'm just some guy who happened along and wanted to call you out on your bullshit.

>you can't gain strength while doing a routine that trains all body parts equally and focuses on hypertrophy
- Veeky Forums

>inb4 but muh strength routines are just so much better
whoever says that obviously doesn't lift and therefore has never seen people starting on splits and gaining good size in all the right places, and there's tons of those people

>It's to pack on strength first and foremost.
yes, and strength depends on muscle mass. if you want to gain strength as fast as possible you need to pack on muscle mass quickly.

>pick up the reg park beginner bodybuilding routine.
it's almost exactly the same as the commonly recommended strength routines, dumbass. yeah, those added sets of wrist curls and calf raises will really make you swole as fuck.

I've criticised Ripp a lot but at no point does he ever claim that the initial gains follow a linear pattern.

>I just can't stop sucking dicks
- You

if im a manlet, the only way i can make it is if i train for strength right?

>Almost the exact same.

When it comes to lifting almost the exact same is the difference between an almond and a mountain.

>yes, and strength depends on muscle mass. if you want to gain strength as fast as possible you need to pack on muscle mass quickly.
The routines fucktarded on about here are about taking advantage of noob gains. Noobgains are all about teaching the cns how to lift well and gaining strength NOT from gaining musle but from perfecting form and teaching the body how to use the muscle it already has.

You can do this WITH A WORKOUT ROUTINE THAT IS CONCERNED WITH BUILDING PEAK MASS and strength endurance as well.

>I'm stating that on Veeky Forums people would scream "need a strength base" and "strength training is the best way to get aesthetics".
But no one is telling that you fucking moron.
Well, okay, the "strength base" a little, but it's kind of fucking true. Keep lifting 3x15 sets of orange-colored 2lbs sumbells and we'll see how fucking aesthetic you get.

>There is also absolutely no fucking need to squat and deadlift if you don't want to.

Why wouldn't you want to work the biggest muscle? furthermore why would you ditch two excellent workouts that completely work your whole body?

I find if i don't squat, i feel as my workout was a waste and i wasted my time.

This idiotic myth perhaps has been perpetuated because Arnold did powerlifting before bodybuilding. Because by their reasoning anything Arnie did is the ultimate truth. Arnold is just like Jesus, he influenced the whole of Western and Eastern thinking.

Obviously not. You can work the quads better with leg presses than with squats. You isolate them, and work them to failure, not being limited by back strength and other ways of fatigue. The same goes for hamstrings and back extensors on the deadlift. It's better to isolate them.

And this is coming from a guy who does compound movements.

OP does have a point....

Do you guys really think sprinters jog for 8 miles as part of their training?

No they sprint.....

If you want to lift heavy weights, then go a head and train from strength. Then you will need to Squat and D/L

If you want to bodybuild, then you really need to do a split. Anyone who says you can't make strength gains on a split is retarded.

Though, I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to D/L or Squat, there are plenty of other exercises you can do to strengthen the muscles that both those exercises engage.

You're fucking retarded and what's worse you don't know why.

I'm going to hope no one here listens to you.

Make them listen to your argument instead by proving me a fucking retard. Post a routine, psot your stats, post your progress pics.

>hehe totally btfo'd :^) I didn't even need to prove he's wrong or anything like that. this is why I love this place and post here every day, unlike in real life where people stop taking you seriously if you just insult them

>implying you can't add 5lbs to your routines to increase strength

Couldn't agree anymore with OP. And you too can look like the men in the picture if you buy my 10-minutes-a-day-program.

>Implying progressive overload is that simple
Not the user you're replying to but I can tell you're dyel as fuck

I've never understood why these hypertrophy fucks can't see both sides.

Nobody is preaching that you should walk in the gym, do one max rep of squat, and walk out. Although if you did that every week until you hit 500lbs, there is not doubt your legs would be big.

Why do you think sets of 12 will make you any bigger than sets of 5 or 8 or 3? You haven't stumbled upon some miracle fucking bodybuilding formula. It is about progressive overload.

And there is no argument that a "split" would be way better incorporating compound movements. That's just common sense.

5'7 manlet here. Get mires all the time and I don't even train for hypertrophy. Mires for my looks aren't shit though, the best feeling is when you're about to deadlift 205kg and the whole gym stops what they're doing to watch you.

>progressive overload is only possible with compound lifts

Jesus

you dont need to barbell bench press for a big chest. you might as well only do pushups and use the pec deck machine.
>
Why do you think sets of 12 will make you any bigger than sets of 5 or 8 or 3? You haven't stumbled upon some miracle fucking bodybuilding formula. It is about progressive overload.
sarcoplasmatic vs fiber hypertrophy,look it up. its a well known fast 10 to 15 reps promote more hypertrophy than sets of 5. its backed by science and virtually all the serious athletic universities / personal training associations etc etc.even my physiotherapy book includes this fact.and its written by a well known and respected physiotherapist in my country who is also the pt for a european football team who has taken the european cup multiple times.

See? This person doesn't fucking get it.
12 fucking reps compared to 3 or 5 is the difference between setting a new powerlifitng record and an inch on your arms and not setting a powerlifting record.

That you don't understand this only shows how ignorant you are.

And gear head workouts and power lifting workouts pimped here that proport to do everything from give people six inch arms to get them laid by everything they want is bullshit on a bun.

>you will always add 5lbs forever
>you will never deload and work your way up back again then deload again
Retard

>Implying that's what I was talking about
Dumb cunt. The point is, your knowledge of progression is obviously very limited if you think progressive overload is as easy as adding 5lb every time. Do you fucking know what plateaus are? Do you know the difference between novice, intermediate and advanced programs? It's all relative to rate of progression. Fucking dyels, educate yourself.

SS fags who talk about 'linear' progression you should go kill yourselves.
progression in muscle building and strength IS NEVER LINEAR.
it is a downward slope,you get more gains on the first few months working out and they fade to miniscule within 2-3 years of steadily working out with a schedule.
you also literally dont need any compound lift to get big if you have lots of time to spare.
strength training and hypertrophy training are different and will lead to different results,even though both will give muscle mass and strength to some extent,just in different rations.

tldr SS/SL fags kys and stop shitting up the board

>All it takes is being a retard and loading up more than you can lift safely because YOLO DAWG MAX OUT DAY BREH to severe your L5
The crazy thing about going up in 5 poon intervals when you fully complete a set is that you significantly lower your chances of snapping your shit up. But good luck with your lolleg day bruh. 40000 sets of leg press and lunges will surely get you big legs as a natty.

You might not need a strength routine to be aesthetic, but to be aesthetic you need to be strong.

Everyone here who is saying otherwise is not only weak, but DYEL as fuck.

Also,
>No need to do deadlifts
>No need to do the number 1 mass building exercise
Just fucking kill yourself already OP. You're never going to make it, just end it already so we can stop falling for these bait threads.

you are an idiot. 5 sets of squats,5 sets of lunges and 5 sets of calf raises are enough to build juicy legs.and you will never get an ACL tear or patellar tendonitis because you didn't squat 3pl8 like an idiot.

It's called linear progression because you're adding weight to the bar every time you fucking mouth breather. Linear progression stops eventually, but you'd know that if you lifted.

do you even know what linear means you stupid american trash?
> linearity refers to a mathematical relationship or function that can be graphically represented as a straight line, as in two quantities that are directly proportional to each other

strength base is bullshit for aesthetics
I've been lifting for 18 months now, I bb bench 135 x 10 (slow reps) and yesterday my mom told me I'm getting too buff

>BRO I'LL GET BIG DOING 2pl8 SQUATS FOREVER I SWEAR
The only thing juicy if your boipussy.

> you will never get an ACL tear or patellar tendonitis because you didn't squat 3pl8 like an idiot.

hahhaha, yeah the chances are still there fuck face.

>not getting tendonitis from high rep squats
I can't wait to see you in 5 years telling dem der young kids that squats blow the knees out.

>12 reps
>high reps
what a mongol

>ctrl + F for 'linear progression'
>Only mentioned by one user

What you meant to say is, progressive overload. Progressive overload is different to linear progression you stupid faggot. Also, you can't make decent muscle building gains without progressive overload.

>strength training and hypertrophy training are different and will lead to different results
Yeah you're right. On one hand you can be stuck benching sub 1pl8 for a year and looking like shit, or on the other you can be repping out 2pl8+ after a year and looking joocy as fuck.

This is broscience. Study after study after study has found no correlation between reps per set and hypertrophy gains. It is exclusively a question of volume.

Read the sticky.

This desu
Lifting should be all about correcting muscular imbalances and posture issues
If you don't have a balanced base, you shouldn't do anything too quickly

>linear progression because you're adding weight to the bar every time
strong math redefining

ok, now add the same amount of weight the bar every time you do the exercise and plot the weight lifted vs time. what do you think that graph will look like?

>z axis
weight
>x axis
time lifting
thanks, that graph shows the first months of following a routine based on linear progression

You fucking idiot. If you graphed time and weight on the axis if would be a linear increasing graph. It's a linear increase over time. Similar to how your posts and fucking retarded show a linear increase.

>3rd world education system in action

>posting roider
>expect noobs could achieve this body in 6 months just because he jumps onto bro split curl circle instead of good program
Hide the thread everyone

Yes, you can see the linear progression of weight and time, hence linear progression.

>tfw you haven't gotten your semen rations from america so all logic and reasoning breaks down you prove the american right

you are all retards for thinking you need to lift heavy to get big.jay cutler squats 60-100kg and he is a beast.
if anything,you only need volume,little rest between sets,a good diet,and if you want to get huge, steroids.

>Jay Cutler
We aren't talking about steroid users. Pls put the Men's Health down.

>you need to bench big for a big chest
youtube.com/watch?v=slkh01aKxvE
KEK

you WILL get big legs if you squat 225 for 3x12. You won't get tumor legs, but you will get big, proportioned, and athletic legs

Oh, now I get it. You're a fucking DYEL, you think anything looks big with your Mom eyes.

I think it's time you kill yourself

Post your body already cunt so we can all laugh at you.

Plenty of top level lifters have snapped their shit up and their form was fine.

Eg. Pete Rubish, Tom Martin, Layne Norton etc

The only way you snap your shit is over stress, bad form, or bad diet. If you are good on all three, you will never snap.

I deadlift 4 plate for reps and look like shit compared to all the bros who don't.

They are also extremely taxing and the energy required would be better used doing lots of other exercises.

Aesthetics and strength exist in separate realms for the extremes, friendo.

No.
You powerlifting fags who've taken over the board should post your goddamned pics and stats.
The only thing I've seen of you all is that abysmal fucking Veeky Forums meetup and all of them were on SS and various beginner routines.

Yes, top level lifters have to actually compete so they need to push
If you lift to progress and take it cool like guy above who replied to you suggests you probably wont snap

There is risk to everything we do, people have pulled ab muscles while swimming for gods sake

hurr durr yeah all i need to do is some curls n shit brah to look like those joocy natty lifters in your pic OP

4pl8 is pretty light m8. How much do you squat?

His deadlift isn't an extreme weight you weak fuck

Using the terminology that you barely understand too look like you do is bad.

Stop it.

You, as a natural, will never gain strength for fucking ever. You will reach a peak where babbys first powerlifitng routine will stop working and you will be shit out of luck and have no fucking idea what to do.

You will not know how to gain mass, you will not know how to workout outside of those few lifts, and you will definitely not know anything about how your body can function in various ways outside of that lifting routine.

It is that simple.
Because that's exactly what's advocated in SS and other programs of the type.

You've not said why it wouldnt' work, you've only spouted out the problems that arise in any and all workout programs for natural people who seek progress.

>you weak fuck
how many pullups can you do,strongfriend?
if you do less than 15 dead hang pullups you have weak lats and you're obese.

>Deadlifts are the best mass builder

youtube.com/watch?v=_z5yLam1SFs