I know there's no such thing as spot reduction, but why do some people store a lot of far in one area but not in others?

I know there's no such thing as spot reduction, but why do some people store a lot of far in one area but not in others?

Like I see guys who are skinny all over but gave a huge gut, or women who's lower body is much bigger than her upper body and vice-versa.

Is it a hormonal thing? A lack of certain vitamins or nutrients?

>skinny all over but gave a huge gut
I hate having this

> a lot of far

goddammit I meant fat*

May be liver problems

3 checking in. African tier ribs but joocy love handles

genetics

fat storage is almost entirely genetic

my brother stores most of his bodyfat in his belly, while i store most of mine in my lower body

>tfw no #3 gf

Genetics.

That's actually genetics, unironically.

Think of your body fat as one big balloon. You don't get to change the shape of it, you can only decide how much air to put in it.

>3

BREH

>tfw 2

I did read something about how your body stores fat is a reflection of health issues or hormones. Like women who have saddlebags or a "pear shaped" body has a lot of estrogen or ovary issues. Too much fat accumulating in your midsection is a sign of adrenal problems.

> tfw losing weight but still have fatty mcfatty fat arms

WHY

Saaame. It might be due to your posture as well though. I have a gut but my shitty lordosis makes it look even worse than it is.

It's annoying that I have to constantly be aware of how I'm standing.

>Too much fat accumulating in your midsection is a sign of adrenal problems.

Really? Source?

I store most of fat in my "handles" area, more to the back than front. All in all could be worse. Wouldn't mind storing fat in my legs though.

>tfw i store almost all of my fat in my ass and legs
>it looks like i squat hard but i really dont
>bitches love it

What about when teenage girls are skinny as fuck but have juicy ass? It's kinda cute cause they look dyel but out of nowhere fat booty.

Ayy #2 bro high five

It's genetics.

I store fat mostly on my ass, hips and love handles region. I'm a man I fucking hate it I just want to get rid of this shit.

Ah, I forgot, I also store fet on my pelvic area so There is like 2" of dick to be discovered

is that a pic of a corpse?

1 here, nothing like being a large, hairy man with a shapely ass, pot belly, and tits. But what can ya do, gotta keep lifting and cutting.

>chest striations
>shoulder striations
>veiny arms
>v taper with veins
>still only 4 abs visible when flexing under good light

Fml

i have also the same problem :(

want a smaller gut? get a bigger chest

tfw cutting down from a tubbs to 15% bodyfat as a male and finding out your a type 5

>tfw #3 exgf that I still get to fuck sometimes

>tfw #7

>tfw male number 5

Visceral fat caused by alcohol?

>fat storage is almost entirely genetic
>Genetics.
>That's actually genetics, unironically.
>It's genetics.

It's hormonal. Your hormonal makeup is genetic, so you're not wrong, but writing it off as genetic implies you don't have control over it.

Testosterone promotes abdominal adipose tissue generation.
Estrogen promotes gluteo-femoral adipose tissue generation.
A person with high testosterone and low estrogen will store fat like a gorilla or Hank Hill.
A person with high estrogen and low testosterone will store fat like an R. Crumb drawing.
A person with a mixture of the two -- i.e. most people -- will store fat like a mixture of the two.
Other factors as well obviously but sex hormones are the key players.

I'm just straight-up too lazy to dig up the abstract to cite this again but I've done it before, you can probably search "gluteo-femoral" in the archive and find it easily.

>type 6
Fuck this gut.
300 crunches tomorrow

Saint Trayvonious Martinus

Im high test with a fat arse and legs

>man
>27 wit noob gainz everywhere
>feel good
>have body like 3
>feel like shit again

literally the worst possible body for a man. was i cursed, senpai? what do?

LONDON

So you're low test, high estrogen in denial. Got it.

>Testosterone promotes abdominal adipose tissue generation.
Awesome I can just tell everyone I'm too high test for abs.

its genetics. i store fat mostly in my fucking butt and im a dude. mom calls it the"glover ass" cause it runs in her family, the glovers.

Women and men love asses. If you get built but still have a large ass then you're set.

its NOT genetics

its all about what you eat and your activity
protein, fat, complex carbs, gluten, sugar; all gets stored in body as body fat in different regions
your muscle type -fast/slow twitch- of the specific region also affects how the fat on your body will flucutate to where
also hormones play a role too, obvioulsy. but keep in mind that activity and food changes your hormones drastically

Seriously? It doesn't look like him.

Spot reduction is real. No joke. More using muscle in a certain area = more vascular/circulation, more circulation =more readily gets rid of fat.

It's a very, very small difference, but over a career, it can make a huge difference

Men get a lot of fat in their gut because that's our center of gravity, it's there to help keep it stable
Women typically spread it all out more equally so they can store more while being healthy

>5'9 144 lbs male
>still have huge love handles and a fat ass

J U S T
U
S
T

>tfw when adopted and don't know who to blame for my shit fat storage

All in my stomach, triceps, and back. No boobs. Nont even enough fat on my tits ti make them shapely. Fucking tiny ass pancake titties. I'm blaming the fuckup of a mother I've never met. Fuck her.

At least my ass fine as fuck tho
But I work hard for that, man

>tfw 1
>tfw pumping biceps in gym and i can see my body be fucking shredded everywhere
>still chubby cheeks because 14% bf

i mainly agree with this user. there are just some details to prevent it from being a bit misleading.
its all based on hormonal (im)balances in the body.
>you have more hormones responsible for fat storage than burning/utilization

>hormonal makeup is genetic
yes and no. initial hormonal makeup is genetic. how it develops is based on lifestyle.
you treat your body like shit itll develop like shit. if you learn wtf to do so you can take care of it itll run well. yes its a machine that adapts to stimulus.

you must remember that the body has a prioritization system. if you dont give it enough of what it needs to maintain lower priority functions itll begin to cut them out to continue higher priorities.

>sex hormones are the key players
they are players but not key players.
essentially its all the hormones of the endocrine system. the endocrine system being: hypothalamus, thyroid, liver, adrenals and sex hormones. all these have to be in a balance.

whenever there is dysfunction of an organ there will be marked signs or symptoms of it. each organ will determine where and how you store fat.
for example
> hurp durp hypothyroidism
fat is stored all over the body but one key note is that the skin and the adipose tissue is very loose. (actually a very easy fix with adding iodine to the diet, unless however the condition is caused by poor function of the liver which is where the T3 to T4 conversion happens but ill skip that shit)
>liver
shows up as a pot belly. if you know people who drink a lot of alcohol or sugared beverages (processed sugar functions similarly to alcohol in the body except with alcohol you can only drink yourself under the table one every few days) they will more than likely have a gut. sometimes "stubborn" belly fat can be attributed to poor liver function

speaking of the liver take care of your shit. its directly and indirectly tied to (almost?) every function in the body.

tried keeping it short and sweet.

>5
>male

I consider suicide every time I'm naked in a mirror tbqh

> thin waist
> have saddlebags and fatty arms

I probably should lift more and just lose more weight but it's frustrating when one part of your body looks disgusting and out of place compared to the rest of your body.

I'm also on birth control for acne and I'm wondering if that's the cause for these areas to accumulate fat more than others

women and men store fat differently. men store more fat on the gut, it's a evolutionary thing. men were hunters and needed to run fast. have you ever tried to run fast with fat legs? you can't, but you still can run fast with a big gut. women stayed at home and just get fat everywhere.

it's evolutionary and genetically where you store fat.

>female
>number 3

Though I do have hormone issues, but fml

>number 3
Number 2*

>female 3
>Female 5

BREHS

Oh just to reiterate, spot reduction is real, you're a dumb newfag.

This hnnngs me more than anything else.

>tfw will never have face in 16yo booty again

Im glad I got laid when I was that age anyway.