Anyone else hit the gym 5 days a week, but drink almost every night?

Anyone else hit the gym 5 days a week, but drink almost every night?

not a huge deal if you staying within your calorie range and you have your macros taken care of.

I used to do that. You can still get a decent physique if your nutrition is good, but let's not kid ourselves here; you will look WAY better without the alcohol

not really a big deal

I dont get paid for my body and dont compete so id rather keep the booze and have a ok body with doing it, then a great without

I've recently gotten addicted to coke zero again. Aspartame never killed anyone, right?

Two 24 ounce tallboys of Steel Reserve 211 are $3.16 where I live.

I take care of two very ill elderly parents. I won't put them in a nursing home. Those places are hell.

No one understands. "user lives with his parents!" jokes abound. I'm fucking taking care of them so they don't have to go to nursing homes.

Lifting takes away the stress, drinking numbs the loneliness.

Shit sucks.

40zs of steel are 1.89 here so i usually kill 2 a night

drinking is degenerate, as is soda. I only drink water and an occasional glass of orange juice.

Nice. Two tallboys are usually enough to keep me from crying. I actually spent my last few personal dollars tonight on them. No idea when I will have a few bucks for beer again.

I know that feel user. I watched my mother waste away. Really took it's toll on me. Stay strong buddy. It will get better with time.

My dad has been paralyzed for years and my mom started slipping about 5 years ago.

I don't mind... In fact I'm glad to be caring for them but no one gets it. People make fun of me for taking care of them as if I'm some backwater. They don't get that I'm happy keeping them in the house they grew old together in.

i did something simllar when my dad got leukemia. I live in the basement in a small town in the middle of nowhere. i'm 35.

I'm sorry, man.

I'm 38 and just outside of Detroit.

Good shit user. I really don't understand how some people can let their parents/grandparents live in nursing homes. I know sometimes there so ill that they need but constant supervision but damn are those places completely fucked.

shit really? I was just in royal oak. My bro lives there.

Thanks. My (rich) sister keeps talking about putting them in a home. Like I don't care for them. I don't even know how to handle that.

I'm sure, whether or not they tell you, that it upsets them that you have to take care of them. That's the way my mother felt, but I also enjoyed staying around. Hell even arguing with her was better than letting her suffer depression from losing the function of her body.

Tough times, but I feel that it was worth it. I got to spend the last 5-6 months with her, where as my brother and sister were busy with school and so never really saw her. I'm sure they'll regret it later, but they'll be better off than me. Life is strange.

I'm in Wayne County. Fucking hate going into Oakland County/Royal Oak/Ferndale. Always get pulled over for having a Wayne County plate.

wow, feels

I work in a nursing home and this is sad to hear. I've heard horror stories about neglect in other facilities but trust me not all nursing homes are bad. If you look around you should be able to find a decent facility. Sadly living cost a lot in nursing homes so it can be a huge financial burden. It's nice to try take care of your loved ones but (depending on their illness) they may run you down after a few years. This is especially the case for dementia patients. I've seen to many peoples lives fall apart after years of trying to care for their lives one with dementia.

>Always get pulled over for having a Wayne County plate.

why?

beer is good to bulk it up bro. and steel reserve has much calories.

My mom's dementia (Alzheimer's) isn't too bad. She'll think she's back on the farm in Finland and will try to spread the trash as "feed" for the reindeer.

I'll find her spreading coffee grounds in the living room while she sings, "Poro! Poro! Poro!" (Poro = "Reindeer" in Finnish.)

I can coax her into sitting in front of the TV while I vacuum the rug. She usually regains memory of where she is.

OC hates plates from South of 8 Mile.

Fuck dude I'm eventually going to be in the exact same position... :'(

If you love your parents, it's worth it.

what do you do? When I moved home I got a jbo teaching at the local school. oddly enough, my mom grew up in Dearborn.

It truly is an awful disease., Especially once it gets late stage. I've had a few residents who would ask where they are, why are they there, and who they are every 30 seconds to a few minutes when they're active.

I worked EMS for a few years in Detroit...

The Neglected... Fuck... This is why I care for my parents.

Alcohol inhibits proper protein synthesis.
You are literally sabotaging your gains, what's the fucking point?

Maybe if you compete this .matters

I knew a guy who did this. He would drink until he puked every night. It's needless to say that he looked like shit.

Oh shit niggas I'm working EMS in Pontiac right now. Also living in Oakland County

And I assume from you not drinking you are competing and getting paid for ur physique?

I'm about to complete week 7 of no alcohol and no drugs. Every aspect of my life is better. Once you get over the carvings, you don't miss it.

If you drink as apart of your social life, FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING NORMIE REEEEEEEEEEEE

I saw the most amount of gains while I abused benzos. Both socially and physically. Mainly because I didn't give a fuck about anything. Weed (I smoke daily) makes me tired all the time and booze makes me feel like shit.

I did for about nine months and regret it, though I was on a six day a week PPL. I put on good mass gains but WAY too much fat to be worth it. It's essentially impossible to get drunk every night, eat enough food, and stay under your calories for the day. So unless you're having two small glasses of wine a night or something easy, you're gonna get fat. I was easily 1000+ kcals over my tdee a day and it showed. Got stretch marks on my legs, biceps, triceps, lats, sides, triceps, chest. Got a fat gut and bitch titties.

Finally got a hold of myself in early June at 240 lbs at 6'. The buffest of my life, and the fattest. Down to 227 now and still going. If you feel the need to drink nightly then you need to fix whatever is driving you to drink so much.

I'm sorry mate. I hope things get better

You're a good person. It will get better. Even if they can't show it, your parents are extremely grateful to have you.

I just enjoy being drunk, nothing makes me want to drink

Not him, but my grandma got put in a home run by a couple that basically abhorred the kind of treatment elderly people got in bad nursing homes and did their best to help the people staying there no matter how bad they got. Though in her case she was mentally fine but physically disabled for about three years until the end where she thought she was back on the farm in Germany and was asking her kids and grandkids who hadn't done rural work a day in their lives to put the livestock back in the stable.

All I know is I could never deal with people close to me becoming mentally incapacitated and I respect the people who can.

You guys are fags. I got drunk one night, wrecked my aunts car, went to jail, got out, put her ass in a nursing home, cut contact with her and now live in her sweet house by the ocean.

Wow that's awesome! Much respect

Personally I've just done 5 days without drinking or smoking cigarettes. Aiming for 1 week, then 2, then a month... etc

God no, there are so many alternatives to alcohol with way less adverse effects if you can control yourself.
Albeit most are prescription or illegal, phenibut is a good one if you don't have a fun doctor or fun friends.

That's what I told myself too. If you can't just enjoy life sober then you have a reason to drink, even if it's just loneliness or boredom. Trust me dude, don't fuck up your body and life over "I just like it". You can enjoy drinking occasionally without fucking everything up over it.

You're doing a great job. Honestly, you are showing that you are a great lad, and will come out of this with a clean slate.

Btw I don't know who is making those jokes but they are absolute cunts

Btw2 TAKE A DAY A WEEK OFF. Or an evening, at least. Hire someone if you must. Seriously, I know it is not ideal, but you cannot deny your own needs and well being like this.

I used to but alcoholism has a way of fucking up your motivation and energy levels at the gym.

Keep it to a weekend or a manageable level. Alcohol deteriorates your mind and body and is honestly just degenerate af.

>Wayne County plate
You, are a fucking retard

doing the same with my dad, I know how you feel

I remember being a teen and my great grandfather with Alzheimers telling me about his nursing home

"no one cares, I don't think I do either" was the line that really hit me

drinking these last 4 cans of bourbon for you bro, you're a good man

I used to drink excessive alcohol then I grew out of it.

I drank 3 or 4 nights a week either in the house with friends or out in bars; and at some point something changed and I just got bored of it and realized how much it was holding me back.

And then I had an LSD trip in which it was exposed to me how much time I've wasted chasing girls, drinking alcohol and smoking weed and how many opportunities I have missed because of it.

I've tried drinking alcohol since then but after the first pint I stop; I just can't enjoy it. The one time I've been drunk since the LSD trip (I had to force myself to drink because I really wanted to see if i could have fun like old times) I hated it. I hated the feeling of being drunk and it just made me angry with myself. I won't be drinking again; I can't enjoy it even if I want to.

I dont go out ans chase girls, i chill in my room drink some 40ozs and play vidya and pass out