At what age did you first start lifting? When did you start doing it seriously?

At what age did you first start lifting? When did you start doing it seriously?

15. Im 21 now

was awared about lifting when I was 15, started seriously about a month ago (18 now).

21, took it as an elective in college because I needed an easy A, got hooked. 26 now.

>19 (the age I am now)
>I'm losing weight on a deficit so I wouldn't call my lifting right now serious, but once I lose this last 15lbs or so I'm going to maintain at a healthier caloric intake then start really focusing on my lifts

Hamsters are so cute.

Started when I was 18 and only did full body machine workouts 2 times a week in a planet fitness equivalent gym in my area for half a year. Was disappointed with the results, cancelled my membership and stopped for 2 years. At 20 I discovered an actual gym with a squat rack and free weights, read the sticky, got my nutrition and routine in check and saw good gains since then. 21 now.

Started at 23.
Started seriously january of this year, now 26.

This hamster is cutest

I think that's a dog.

34 now.

that's goat

Have been semi serious about lifting heavy things my whole life, but most of it came from doing farm chores, and now I work construction. Most of my organized lifting comes from doing work to balance out what I do at my job, so if I spend a day pushimg things at work, I'll do pulls at home, shit like that. Gains came easy because lots of good food, but I got fat after a semi major back injury.

Actually it's a newborn lamb

Started at 21, now 23. Really wish I got into in my teens.

around 13-14
sneaked into my brothers room and curled all day with his dumbbells, also did push ups till failure.

started serious lifting at around 19.

>At what age did you first start lifting?
>When did you start doing it seriously?
Half a year ago. I'm 27 now.
>tfw could have been ripped as fuck today if I had the motivation to do it seriously from the beginning

18 started seriously @ 21 when I hopped off the natty train.

Started at 14
Seriously at 22
I've done it seriously on an off ie 6 months at a time but always gave up due to one reason or another

16 then 22

those wasted years fml

23 now

But being the only girl in the weightroom at the high school was super awkward. Basically, it was a basement floor with just weights and bars. We had only one squat rack and one bench. The gym teacher was super supportive and gave basic instructions on olympic weight lifting. Must have spent 2 years at it before stopping, I was pretty impressed by the end results. Bench press 80 lbs, deadlift 140 lbs, squat 125 lbs, power clean 80 lbs, personal weight at 124.4 lbs, is what I have last recorded on a old log book.

Then I never did it again for about 14 years. Gained weight by a margin of 30 lbs. I literally just began lifting again at age 30. Turns out weightlifting is like getting back on a bicycle, you don't actually forget how to do it. That being said, everything has gone down a lot since and looks worse because I've gained so much weight.
Benchpress 55 lbs, deadlift 105 lbs, squat 80 lbs and power clean at 40 lbs with my personal weight at 154.2 lbs.
Kind of embarrassing, especially when I do a compare and contrast of what I could do years ago.

this doesn't add up

Started:
>15
Started doing it seriously
>18

I was trying to lift like..20 pounds on a bench as a kid and it almost killed me.
My mom had to save me
My uncles who were watching from inside of the house laughed at me.
Was grateful to my mom but I was humiliated as fuck.

I didn't touch a weight bar seriously till I found the gym at my junior highschool.

The old bench, the one that had that 20 pounds that almost killed me? I used that old bench everyday. The crappy concrete weight were replaced with handmade 10 pound weights and weights I got second hand from an old junkyard and from others and stuff I bought from walmart.
And it's been repaired a few times, but I still use it.
I conquered it and I keep it as a reminder of how far I came and what it takes to get anywhere. It's gotten me some dark times and it's always been there.
I'm now into calisthenics but I sometimes go back to using that old bench just to see if I still have it.

Will be ironic when, one day, it breaks and the bar falls on my throat killing me.

started 17
doing it seriously 17

age now 18

>implying

>14
Seriously
>14
lost a fight that year and got rejected that year
i hate losing and wanted to improve my looks by getting stronger.
dad bought me a curl bar and gave me a workout routine

13, and 13. Been lifting for 10 years now.

I was off and on since Freshman in high school, did most of it during football. But my team sucked and I was a fat shit that didn't appreciate getting fit. Then college hit and I made myself go 5-6 days a week. I went from 230 fat fuck in high school to 180 college to 270 now at 28.

Post body

Actually it's not you fucking faggot

Veeky Forums

A forum for lifting, feels, and rodents.

Started at 19
Taking it more seriously than ever at 23

19, 19

off and on starting @ 16. Started taking it seriously @ 20. I'm 22 now, and I wish I could quit work and train weightlifting full time

Started at 21. Got serious about 5-6 months ago, never been as serious as last two months. Feels good breh