Any great historical figures JUSTed by their modern media depictions?

Any great historical figures JUSTed by their modern media depictions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L5UBupVTtlU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Napoleon

How?

Sub-saharan Hannibal

Salieri

Richard III
Cadorna (here anyway)
Cao Cao and Nobunaga have been historically demonized, but their recent media depictions (last 3-4 decades) have mostly rehabilitated them.

Anytime he shows up in media they paint him as a short fat guy with an extreme superiority complex. Also they sometimes give him anger issues.

He WAS a short fat guy. Everyone who met him noted he was obese, had sallow/pale/yellow skin, greasy hair, and was short. In his later years at least. In his youth he was still said to be below average in stature but he was skinny rather than fat and had healthy tanned skin.

Marie Antoinette. Most of what people imagine of her is just revolutionary slander
>that pic
what a pity

I know that, but in his prime he was nothing like that. It's like having every depiction of Elvis as a drugged out fatass.

Hitler
Nixon
Nero

Rod Steiger's portrayal of Napoleon in Waterloo was very good.
youtube.com/watch?v=L5UBupVTtlU

>Anytime he shows up in media they paint him as a short fat guy with an extreme superiority complex.
Well, he did have all of that, and he significantly overcompensated his lack of height.

>Any great historical figures JUSTed by their modern media depictions?
Let me guess... Everyone who I adore in my fringe political belief and historical mythology unlike all the sheeple...
Aha!
>Hitler
>Nixon
>Nero

He was average height for Frenchmen at the time, only became overweight in his later years and actually sort of *was* superior to everyone else in many ways.

why did Napoleon get the Hitler treatment in media?

Easily the most accurate portrayal of Napoleon I've ever seen (aside from the accent, of course). Absolutely nails his mannerisms and personality.

Why does everything a short man does is considered overcompensation?

He was an short fat guy with superiority complex with anger issues. I still like him but gotta accept him as he is.

Anglo Propaganda.

pure Anglo propaganda

Seems like Anglo propaganda still brainwash people 200 years later.

Why was Nobu demonized anyway? He doesn't seem to have done anything particularly egregious. He just sort of won then immediately died which is usually a good thing.

Why do anglos still fall for their ancestors propaganda?

Hannibal

Anyone in Fate, really.

For Nero that's a straight upgrade.
Nobody had anything good to say about the guy until he was reincarnated as an anime girl with big tits.

>t. Haven't even read the wiki page of the guy.
Nero was beloved by the people atleast up untill the palace construction scandal. And even after that he was enough liked by the common man that myths about him returning at a time of great need made their way around. Hell, three Nero imposters emerged after his death, one of which was even backed by the Parthians.
That being said, he surely wasn't fit for the imperial throne.

He could have been Berber (Berbers are often black). It's not outside the realm of possibility for him to have been black. If you scream liberal propaganda at any depiction of a historical figure you are just as bad as those who would want to change a person's ethnicity for purely ideological reasons.

most of the bad things about Nero are just made up stories by christians

UMU

>Anglo Propaganda.
the only true answer

It's really a mixture of christian and noble propaganda. The conservative nobles really loathed him as he was everything a virtuous roman shouldn't be. In that regard he was basically Elagabalus 0.5.

become king of anything and not be fat in your late years
early napoleon was fuckable, but none of us are free from the curse of each passing year.