I'm at rock fucking bottom, Veeky Forums...

I'm at rock fucking bottom, Veeky Forums. I mean I've always been here but I've become too self-aware to allow this problem to go on any longer.
>18 years old
>highschool graduate
>soon to be working in decent paying warehouse job until I decide to go back to school
>life on a surface-level isn't so bad
>however, zero fucking friends. The only one I had is away at Basic
>have an implicit inability to make friends due to years of social isolation exacerbated by a schizoid mother
>even though I'm a natural extrovert I've been alone for so long I've developed some glaring mental health issues
>gotten to a point where I can't dissociate from my patheticness and just wallow in misery
>crave social interaction even though I don't possess any tools to acquire friends
>literally do nothing all day but browse Veeky Forums as a surrogate friend

I'm not looking for sympathy, so I apologize if I framed it as such. I'm just at a ripe age where things can go either way, but as it stands I don't see my pathology changing in the future unless I make some drastic changes. So, what do you recommend I do? And if any of you were in a boat similar to me, what did you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People
twitter.com/AnonBabble

also that shit isn't so bad but it's topped off with an extremely low libido

Bad idea
I can't wait till hillary wins to send your sorry ass to the gulag where you belong scum

what

Oh and gangstalking is illegal as well so congratulations on being involved in activity that will end with you being imprisoned :)

thx satan

you've always been there for me

And he'll be there for you in prison as well
No worries

Go to work, go to the gym, go to school.

That's three places you can meet buddies. Even if you are awkward, as long you people see you working hard in those places, you will gain basic respect from them for that at least.
Your 18 man, just a kid, got a long way to go. Just work hard and be chill/friendly and you'll turn into a fine young man.

Kek bless.

This. Also read this over it really helped me and I didn't wanna read the book because I'm lazy but this goes into enough detail.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People

General question: is it possible to make real close friends when you are 20? Everyone seems to have their own friends by now and i just have the feeling noone would feel confortable to introduce a new person to the group.

>have an implicit inability to make friends due to years of social isolation exacerbated by a schizoid mother
>implies a fault which he is powerless to do something about; blames others
All I see are excuses user

I'm 23 and I met someone 1-2 years ago or so who I would now consider a real close friend. I expect to make even more throughout my life. By the way things are lookinhg I couldn't imagine not making more close friends in the future.

>18 years old
You're never rock bottom at that age. Let's talk when you're 50. You have to train yourself to be social, like with everything.

>18 years old
>thinks he knows where the rock bottom is or what it looks like

You're just another egocentric faggot who is has no real problems in life so you get bored and sad. Get over yourself, there are people in the world with real problems while you sit in your comfy home and shitpost all day.
Want friends? Then stop being a boring faggot, get some real hobbies, read a fucking book, study, get your head off your ass. The world is huge and there are a million things to do and yet you choose to stay home at your computer and claiming you have issues. And you want people to like you? Fuck off mate.

You know what retard, instead of wasting your time here, why don't you go to one of those Hospitals that treat kids with cancer? They are always needing volunteers to give a helping hand there, make yourself useful for people that need since you're too retarded to do anything good by yourself.

Thats great to hear, user. Both for you and for me to give hope.
But how did you actually approach them?
There is this group of real cool people in my uni class. I sit with them for lunch most of the times but from times I just sit on my own because I am kinda autistic and I get the feeling they dont really care for me and I am being a nusiance.
They all seem so happy when they talk to each other. I don't want to ruin their happiness by inviting myself to do something with them also outside of university but thats the only way to befriend them i guess...
Sorry for the blogpost but needed to get this sperg-tier thoughts of my chest.

>18 years old
>rockbottom

nigga I died with 12

Hi user. 23 y/o here. Insane mom, same etc. I have 0 friends. However have great career ahead, am Veeky Forums, plenty of shitposting, but suicidal thoughts 5 times a year maybe. Its not so bad.

It gets better

I feel like the same has happened to me. I worked graveyard shifts completely alone 48 hours a week for 5 years straight. the shifts meant zero time with friends. family already hates me so that's whatever. but I basically got lost in my own mind. I became a completely different person. idk wtf happened

Same position as you except I'm older and a natural introvert.

Good news is I'm going to study in another country and be living in a dorm where 20~ people dine together. Perfect arena for making friends, and most of them will be girls too since a good majority of study abroad students are girls.

Now all I have to do is learn to be sociable again, maybe asking questions liks, Did you sleep well? Which I've literally never asked someone before

ignore the retards

op, go out and talk to ppl. fuck it up, get made fun of or w.r, keep going out. be positive and youll succeed. the trick is never getting aalty for a LONG ass time of going out. if you can do that youll be fine.

no joke. its fuckin simple as shitx just really hard to maintain

I just try to know what I truly wish to do with my time. Usually I want to create (arts) or train (sports) or learn (general/specific interests). I find that I connect easiest with people who want to do the same. So I approach and sort of get a feel of whether or not we want the same thing somewhere and if we would enjoy walking down that path together, be it for a few steps or many years. Sometimes I fuck it up (develop feelings when not single etc.) or sometimes things end for reasons none of you could control (someone moves).

Whatever man. Dont make such a big deal out of it.

Like you said. Everyone seems to have some best friend. Its just natural for people to connect and you are no different. One day you will find an awesome best friend and the hottest girl or guy and who knows what else and you will wonder why you doubted yourself so damn much. I did.