How did they get so jacked without squats and deadlifts?

How did they get so jacked without squats and deadlifts?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24714538
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12436270
bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/effects-of-low-versus-high-load-resistance-training-research-review.html/
strengtheory.com/the-new-approach-to-training-volume/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3248697/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Steroids, calorie surplus and resistance training?

steroids

>squats and deadlifts work upper body

wot

Deadlifts do fuck all for size. Lower back and glutes and that's it. The basic lift mechanics make it very inefficient for building back. That's what pullups and rows are for. The only people in the 10+ gyms I've been to who deadlift and train for strength are skinny fat teenagers who pull good numbers but look like shit. All the big and jacked guys do high rep high volume hypertrophy work and actually activate the muscle instead of retarded 1-3 rep work. That's why bodybuilders train lightish with high volume. If powerlifting promoted the most muscle gain they would be doing that.

you see big and jacked guys doing that shit because they're jacked on STEROIDS.

Been watching em since they started watching vids, I like their content etc.

TMW went on gear in 2011.

Makes me fucking laugh the way people on Veeky Forums believe that anyone who is jacked and doesn't do a strength routine must be on roids.

Does anybody else feel bad for teenagers? They're growing up, watching this stuff on youtube, and wondering why they can't look like these guys--they're naive enough to think they're natural, and it must demotivate them.

> he fell for the squat and deadlift meme

if you want to have a nice looking chest and set of arms you better hop on that brosplit senpai

nigger genetics

>deadlifts dont work your back
ok bro

Is your main goal strenght ? Do deadlifts, squats, clean and press, etc...

Is your main goal aesthetics? Then do isolations, machines, high-reps

Olympia bodybuilders don't give a fuck about deadlifts, just like Powerlifters and Strongmen don't give a fuck about bicep curls

I've seen them do sumo squats in their videos. Just with dumbbells in front of them though.

I'm well aware of that but based on the pic OP used, you wouldn't be able to tell if they did deadlifts/squats.

God you are so fucking thick. Your sentience must be literally zero.

roids and oats

Drugs, like every single person who makes their living off of how their bodies look.
Truth is, they are entertaining and give good advice occasionally.
So I don't fault them. But when they claim 100% natty, that's when they lose all credibility.

Oh please. You can do whatever da fuq you want!

It's also funny how when they try to explain the reason bodybuilders train high volume high reps hypertrophy. It's always the same "it only works when you're on roids, for natties it's stupid and a waste of time". You've got to remember that 50% of people have an IQ of sub 100, ignoring any correlations etc

This thread posses me off and just reinforces my belief that most people on fit are dyel

Except you're wrong. There is no difference in the "amount" of hypertrophy effect from low reps compared to high reps, e.g.: 3 reps vs 10 reps.

>There is no difference in the "amount" of hypertrophy effect from low reps compared to high reps, e.g.: 3 reps vs 10 reps.

I think you should leave.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24714538

Please stop talking.

What do if you worry about deadlifts and bicep curls?!!???

back when I first got into lifting a few years ago I actually beleived the twins were natty

Thank you. I already linked on the studies mentioned. We need to call people out more on their bullshit broscience shit.

And now you know that pretty much no one is natty, right?

I knew that when I started, just for some reason belived the twins

>mfw summer fit doesn't do deadlifts because it's "not viable"

I have a juicer back and better definition than you and almost everyone except the dudes roiding in my gym, u mirin.

>machines
Kys my man

Do you know the number of sets on those

This was only over the span of two months and they never say how much muscle each group gained seperately.
Just that it was "virtually identical".
They don't even state that if the young men were untrained or not.

It's fucking useless.

This is what heavy squats and deadlifts will do to you

>I knew that when I started

Knew what exactly? ´For example that people like Jeff Seid are not really natural?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12436270
bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/effects-of-low-versus-high-load-resistance-training-research-review.html/

I could ask you to provide a study proving your point but that would be a waste of time.

>da fuq
Why would your purposefully type as if you were illiterate? Surely it takes more effort than it would to not type like a retard, so I see no reason for it.

>Do you know the number of sets on those
Mentions at least a couple in the article: strengtheory.com/the-new-approach-to-training-volume/

Yeah what else would I mean
kys

Yeah what kind of pleb would use a machine lol

Say you're sorry or face the consequences.

Now.

Are you from reddit or something?

Downvoted.

That only says that super high reps with low weight does not improve mass.
They then say that low rep and intermediate rep increases mass but do not say which increases it the most or even give out fucking numbers.
It's fucking useless.

The second used men who already had experience with training and only used a small sample size.
On top of that they don't give out concrete numbers for how much mass was gained for each group either.
They only state that it's "statistically insignificant" while bringing up how much strength was gained.

Neither of those studies are worth a shit.

If you juice that's a different story. If you're natty, machines are inferior in every way to DB/BB exercises

Heh, you're nothin', kid.

Most big dudes don't do compounds. I mean you actually see them squat you'll see them do quarter squats.

You really don't need compounds to get jacked. You can do all dumbbells and machines and have an amazing physique. SRS

ARE YOU ON A FUCKTON OF GEAR???

whats this saying? that it doesn't matter how many sets/reps you do to get hypertrophy effect?

It would appear. Read the article. Very interesting.

Have it your way my man. Personally I really enjoy machines since I've been lifting for 10 years and got a banged up shoulder. There's always a machine that's perfect for working around an injury

What for legs?

They don't give out concrete numbers for how many sets you do overall, so it's basically fucking worthless.

The common denominator for all mass gain is lifting relatively heavy weight a lot of times with the most mass being gained by lifting the most times.

That means that if you want more mass then you're going to have to lift something relatively heavy A LOT.

Mass = strength endurance.

Now that I think about it.

Higher endurance and aerobic endurance and the muscle fiber quality changing makes perfect sense.
It helps change your body into one that uses less energy to do something that requires a lot of energy.

And you only gain mass doing a short strength training workout BECAUSE your body wants you to be able to lift weight that heavy FOR A LOT OF REPS or move shit that is as heavy as the weight you lift in the real world easily and for a longer period of time.
Once the body has begrudgingly built that muscle it will do everything in it's power to MAXIMIZE the strength it can get out of it and that takes a bit of time.
Not build more, not till it needs too.

Lifting something that is relatively heavy for lots and lots of reps(or work heavily in the anaerobic area of energy use, if you get what I'm saying) will force the body to build more muscle so that it can store more glucose and consequently build more strength so that it can continue to work at that level.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3248697/

It is quite literally about the body becoming more efficient at working with different energy systems and loads.

If anyone disagrees I'd love to here what they think.

My legs are fine... I do lunges and high rep squats. Plus calf isolations on a machine

>gyno

I think it is a good idea to shift between 1-5 rep strength training and 8-12 hypertrophy training as this allows you to push your body to beuild more mass in the long run as you will adapt. I think strength train until you do a couple of resets on weight then do hypertrophy for a few months and repeat.

I personally did only hypertrophy but stopped seeing any progress. Pic related.

Truly surprising that these swarthy young gentlemen could get massive without squatting and deadlifting.

It's almost as if Starting Strength is only for beginners and that there are machines in the gym for resistance training.

Fuck why does it always go sideways?

Also I know 0 traps.

zipper abs! zipper abs! ha ha

I think strength and muscle mass should be done at the same time.

;-; pls no bully

What do low reps and medium reps at the same time? I am working off the assumption that shifting up the style of workout can help to improve results in the long term to prevent plateauing.

Yeah actually.
It's what the natty old timers did.
Lift heavy and lift relatively heavy for shitloads of reps.

The very idea of powerlifting and muscle building being two different things never crossed their minds.

Steroids completely changed the fucking game. Anything literally anything will force a positive adaptation and build muscle mass. It only comes down to how the muscle adapts and you can tell if someone who's on gear only lifts heavy or lifts for mass or what kind of workout they do by their quality of muscle.

low rep compounds (1-5) and high rep accessories (8-12) is the only way to train

I see, I have been doing my lifts including my accessories at 5-5-amrap perhaps this is a happy compromise. I am doing a personalized version of greyskull.

Kek. Blue pilled as fuck like this people can post on Veeky Forums

You're overthinking this, the only thing that matters for hypertrophy is total volume for a muscle group.

>the average fitizen actually believes you NEED squats and deads to get big

I had higher expectations desu

lemme tell you a secret. Its called roids.

Doing other exercises.

Post pics.

>Olympia bodybuilder
Who are are steroids. Funny how that works.

>Anyone bigger than me is on gear

Dumbass. Clearly you don't watch the videos. Fuck off M80.

The Layne Norton training series + strength and hypertrophy routine is aimed at low rep strength workouts followed by high rep and volume and so the idea is to increase strength and promote hypertrophy right?

No, it's
>Anyone bigger than me who doesn't do compounds is on gear.
And it's true. It's not that other things are necessarily useless, but compound exercises are required.

>It's not that other things are necessarily useless, but compound exercises are required.
Not really

thats how I have always looked at it.