youtu.be/bZ-OwSH7IYM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

patience is a virtue friend

In another 2000 years Christians will still be waiting LMAO

2000 years is blinking-time to God.

>humans have existed for thousand of centuries
>Jesus just arrived barely 2000 years ago
>lol why isn't he back already?!

Humans have only been around for 60 centuries silly.

He will surely arrive soon!

>humans exist for a thousand centuries
>all while living in utter and total depravity
>all while revolting against god
>for all these thousands of years, God simply watches, perhaps slowly masturbating, before realizing "oh shit, this is bad"
>he sends his only begotten son to get flogged to death to "atone" for everyone else
>he sends said son with divine revelations
>he doesn't send him to China, where people can READ
>he sends him to the backwaters of a backwater of a Roman tributary state
>with a message so needlessly complex it takes four centuries to get off the ground
>at which point all the original testimonies are lost to history

Real bang up job YHVH did with that one, excellent work God.

>Israel has been in exile for about 2 millennia.
>Ancient ass religious and cultural group gets their own nation back 1,911 years after their defeat, instituting Hebrew and generally BTFO of all those that seek to annihilate them.
>The way the world exists today, on the brink of a totalitarian technocratic new-age post-modern theocracy, is exactly what John wrote about in Revelation.
>Only a handful of people care and are mocked for being paranoid schizophrenics that indulge in conspiracy, and only a fraction of those are Christian.
>Christian values and beliefs are being undermined through soft persecutions in the West and hard persecution in the East
We're in for a wild ass ride. Hold onto your faith, and keep your eyes on the kingdom to come.

Explain further the Christian apocalypse and it's current parallels

>someone wants a [service]
>uh oh, they're gay
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MAKING ME TAKE THEIR MONEY IS PERSECUTION (even though there's nothing in the Bible about refusing to perform commercial services for the sinful)

>guy at work says "Man I dunno if the Bible is all it's cracked up to be".
>gets fired
>"HAHAHAHAHA, SERVES HIM RIGHT TO DENY CHRIST IN PUBLIC"

This persecution myth is hilarious given it's been literally 1700 years since the last actual serious prosecution, if early Christfag sources can even be considered a reliable account of persecution (and given what modern Christians construe as "persecution", that's doubtful).

This'll take a while, Revelation references nearly every book in The Bible, and uses symbols from throughout the scriptures. You can take several paths in understanding what Revelation means, from conservative to liberal. I personally view Revelation as prophetic, yet to be completed. This is called premillinialism. Most views on Revelation fall into a few catagories

Premillennialism - We currently live in the era before the events of Revelation, and the book speaks of things that are to come to pass. The name comes from placing description of Christ's 1,000 year reign on Earth after Jacob's 70th week, but before the Final Judgement.
Postmillennialism - All the events of Revelation have been fulfilled, and we are currently living in Christ's 1,000 year reign on Earth. This has been declining in favor due to the current state of the world, but was really popular in the 19 and early 20th century (Before the world wars)
Amillennialism - The events of Revelation are allegorical for events that happen to the Church and Christ's 1,000 year reign on Earth is allegorical for the entire time The Church has existed. This thought is rising in popularity in recent years, especially among more liberal churches. Catholics tend to be more Amillennial.

Any of these could be true, all of these have faults. It's not a salvation issue, but it's important to know where you stand. If you're Christian and you haven't thought about any of these, your should put some time aside to study and pray, these are pretty paramount to how we view the world.

I'll continue, sorry for taking so long to reply.

>I'll continue, sorry for taking so long to reply.
That's OK
you were probably having a really good conversation on Reddit,

If you're postmillennial or amillennial you don't try to tie the events of Revelation into current events unless it's to say that it's allegorically being fulfilled. Oftentimes they'll use the destruction of the temple in 70 A.D. as the Abomination of Desolation, and it fits the words that Jesus spoke. There was another Abomination of Desolation by Antiochus IV Epiphanes in the Temple were he desecrated it with swine and set up an altar to Zeus.

Premillenials are who you usually see talking about the "End Times", though that's a misnomer. The Christian Apocalypse is called Revelation for a reason, it's the Revelation of Jesus Christ as the Son of God to those who rejected him.

To get to your actual question, though, it's easy enough to set parallels between prophecy and current events. The Biggest indicator is the return of Israel to it's land. This is major, as Revelation is linked to the 70 weeks of Jacob, 69 of which were fulfilled to the day. Interesting study there. The 70th week is 7 years depicted in Revelation. The Gentile world has been God's focus for the last 2 millennia, and maybe be his focus for more, but I think it's safe to say we're coming to the point where God will return his gaze to Israel, and make the proud bow their knee, raise the weak over the strong.

Continued

>I don't think he's coming back guys

I'm back but most of this species seems to have flunked.

youtube.com/watch?v=-11fCgBp9QA

Zechariah 12:3 - And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Ezekiel 38 - A Coalition consisting of countries and or peoples of Iran, Turkey, Libya, Sudan, and possibly including the ex-soviet Stans, Russia, Ethiopia, Algeria, Somalia, and Eastern Europe. Note, Israel's most common foes and neighbors of the day (Which still exist today) are not part of the coalition. Syria, Egypt, and Jordan are not listed. This is highly unusually, even more so when it's stated that this coalition will come in through the North. Even more confusing is that Saudi Arabia is stated as being on Israel's side, but not taking action, along with the other gulf states and the "Merchants of Tarshish and all their young lions." which is popularly held to be Spain, but could also be denoting ancient Britain (Look into it, there's the possibility of either). Either fits the bill, but I trend towards the U.K. and rest of the Anglo sphere siding with Israel, but Spain and the Spanish speaking world could also denounce the forming coalition. They do nothing more, they don't support Israel with anything but words. This is an incredibly alluring prophecy because we see a complete turnaround in policies of these nations in the past few years. The Saudis are now on the side of Israel, Iran now hates Israel, and there is an Iranian-Turkish-Russian Coalition in Syria right now.

Isaiah 17:1-3 - The burden against Damascus. “Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city, and it will be a ruinous heap. The cities of Aroer are forsaken; They will be for flocks which lie down, and no one will make them afraid. The fortress also will cease from Ephraim, the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria; they will be as the glory of the children of Israel,” Says the Lord of hosts.

Would you be surprised if you learned that Damascus, the oldest continually inhabited city in the world, were wiped off the map tomorrow? I think most of us would be, but would we be shocked? Not really, Syria is a war torn proxy war hell-hole, and who knows what's being stored in Damascus. All it takes is a couple unhinged Jihadis and an Iranian nuke. Could be even simpler than that, an Israeli first strike isn't exactly rare.

2 Timothy 3:1-9: "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was."

>Everything could be a by-the-book timeline of events with literal meanings
>Everything could be an allegory and we have no idea what it actually means and have to try to fit the pieces together
>There is no definitive answer, as everyone who was revealed these revelations is dead and everyone who could even remotely attest to these things

I call bullshit. It's all bullshit. Jesus leaving and saying "I'll be back one day, just stay faithful and you will be rewarded." That's a fucking cop-out. That's the kind of lie you tell your kids before the mob takes you out back and blows your brains out. "Don't worry sweetie, I'll come back one day. Just be a good girl until then and It'll all be okay, I promise."

I'm not some kind of militant athiest or anything, but the fact that people eat this shit up, people like my parents who literally wasted their money on faith that got both of them cancer and one of them a headstone, is just unjust. If people donated money to NASA like they do their respective faiths, we'd be on the way to Alpha Centauri. But here we are, squabbling over dirt and whose superior religion gets to lay claim to it.

Religion is morphine for the conscience. It makes you feel good without having done a god-damned thing better for the world. You'll be rewarded for being a drooling retard, as long as you're faithful.

Fuck it.

We've been in the last days since Jesus left Earth.

>I call bullshit. It's all bullshit. Jesus leaving and saying "I'll be back one day, just stay faithful and you will be rewarded." That's a fucking cop-out. That's the kind of lie you tell your kids before the mob takes you out back and blows your brains out. "Don't worry sweetie, I'll come back one day. Just be a good girl until then and It'll all be okay, I promise."
Why would he lie? What did he gain from lying?

we have some options

He didn't exist, and is a fabrication or fable.
He wasn't God, knew he wasn't God, and lied
He wasn't God, believed he was God, and was mentally unstable
He was God, knew he was God, and was telling the truth

Same thing goes for the apostles.

They didn't exist
They knew Jesus wasn't God, and lied
They believed Jesus was God

These people didn't gain anything in the short term. Early Christians were persecuted by Jews and others. They died horrible deaths, lived penniless lives, and effectively would've been damning themselves for blasphemy. If they were devout, gained nothing worldly, lost their place in heaven due to blasphemy, and died without refusing his claims, what did they gain? Were they all just unhinged? Did they just want to be remembered in history?

So the user that is quoting bible verses and citing prophecy, I'm confused are you saying we are in the end times or that the end is near? Compared to WWI and WWII along with the Black Death and other traumatizing events in human history, the last 20 years have been relatively "peaceful" Also the State of Israel is not a prophecy or a biblical in nature. Its a secular state. Netanyahu is a secular Jew and its home to the largest gay community in the Middle East or one of the largest LGBT community in the region. There's also corruption in the Knesset as well. Unless your John Hagee, I'm kind of confused at the moment.

>I'm confused are you saying we are in the end times or that the end is near?
Are we there? No way, you'll know when it's here. The prophecies I'm stating are events that are to happen, and seem to be on the verge of happening. Could I be wrong? Totally, I'm human, I can only try my best to find what stuff means. It's confusing, sure, but it's made to be that way. Prophecy is something that isn't really supposed to be "predicted" by others. It's supposed to show you that The Bible is legitimate, and God knows the end from the beginning.
>Compared to WWI and WWII along with the Black Death and other traumatizing events in human history, the last 20 years have been relatively "peaceful"
I agree, Things will be relatively peaceful. If the world was in a torrent of evil that is plain to see, we would look to cast blame. It's better for the enemies of man to make us complacent, not agitated. There's a reason that the poor and needy look to God.
"For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape." 1 Thessalonians 5:3
>Also the State of Israel is not a prophecy or a biblical in nature. Its a secular state. Netanyahu is a secular Jew and its home to the largest gay community in the Middle East or one of the largest LGBT community in the region. There's also corruption in the Knesset as well.
Exactly! Many have fallen away, have you read the OT? The Jews gave up on God so many times it's pitiful. I still pray for them, there is always a faithful remnant, but Israel doesn't need to be a theocracy, they don't need to recognize prophecy as a state. The fact that they have been given a land to call their own, and the ability to gather there as a people is enough. It's not about what they believe, but their lineage. The 70th week of Daniel, what you read about in Revelation, one of it's goals is to get the Jews to accept Jesus.

I might be wrong, I'm only human. The best thing you can do if you really want to try to understand these things is to pray, to ask God to show you what he means, read The Bible, and fellowship. Listening to or reading scholars isn't bad either, but take what they say into prayer. Chuck Missler is a good start, and his commentaries are great. Michael Heiser is more of an academic type, but he's good if you want a more structured and cited approach.

youtu.be/Ewny6LF_zXs
youtu.be/bZ-OwSH7IYM

Lol what's he waiting for

That is only because if it was not, people would have abandon their faith

UNDERRATED

Martyrdom proves nothing wrt whether or not their belief is true.