Anons who have come from social retardation - how did you learn to properly talk to women with confidence?

Anons who have come from social retardation - how did you learn to properly talk to women with confidence?

I'm trying to make social gains.

I used weed as a main staple in a lot of my friendships. It made me relax and talk to people, so I would fake my high when I was sober. Fake it till you make it.

There is no escape from being a socially awkward human being. No amount of gains or going out of your comfort zone to talk to people will change it.

Alcohol.

>talking to women
what a cuck

I've been making small talk with people in the gym and now I can make acquaintances there kind of easily.

However, it's only with men. I've only been able to really talk to guys with confidence. How do I move it to women?

I'm in a community college right now and there's not a lot of social venues.

You have to treat it the same way you treat exercise. Start small and build up over time.

It sounds retarded(and it is, because this is shit we should have done when we were in our formative years), but it's the only way.

Do you have a car or access to public transportation?

Get like a half an hour away from your normal stomping grounds, go to like a mall or something and talk to random women.

You don't have to hit on them or anything, you can literally go up and ask them something stupid like "Hey, do you know where Old Navy is?" You'll get ignored and shit, I'm sure. You may even get laughed at. You'll probably feel like shit. That's the point. You'll grow a thicker skin and you can build up from that.

I used to have the same problem. I could barely speak to men I didn't know and if I had to talk to a women who wasn't related to me, I'd turn into a stuttering, autistic mess.

did you do this method?

Lifting and being comfortable with my physique was the first step.

Learning to talk to other men with confidence was the second step.

Then I realized men were pretty hot too no homo and started going after cute twinks instead of women.

Hope this enlightens you.

>freshman, first day of high school
>new to area, know no one
Hi user i'm Stacey!
>hi
Whats up?
>bertstare
>I dont know what "what's up" means
>bertstare
Give me your phone!
>bertstare
>think I'm being robbed by a sexy female
>try to think on my feet for a good reaction to this dangerous situation
>bertstare harder
>hand over phone
>she puts her number in, smiles, walks away
>go smoke in the bathroom to calm nerves from this horrendous ordeal
>3 Mexican kids doing some blow
>some tiny nigger walks in tries to feel up my pocket
>push him to the piss covered tile
>run back to class, for sure think I'm going to prison for life for pushing tinynigger
>text her hi
"what's up"
>I still don't know what "what's up" means
>begin sweating profusely in class
>what does this creature want from me
>stop texting her for life
>get jumped by some 17yr old freshman crips a little while later
This happened about four times before I realized girls wanted my dick. Still happened after I started fucking them. High school was intense.

Love Systems, RSD, a few podcasts, a few books, going out a lot. That's it.

Transfer out as quick as you can.
If you're a STEM major; know that most of your GEs aren't transferring because they tend to be waived.

Take Calc+Physics during the summer, make sure to take Chem and programming courses, and get 60 credits then transfer out as quickly as possible. You want out in 1.5 - 2 years.

Once you're in Uni, you'll have a much better time. Make small talk whenever you can: talk to people in the gym, in classes, as you're walking to class, walking to your car, ect-- you'll get a lot of numbers and emails this way. Make sure to remember names and faces; the more people you know, the more connections you'll have that will make you even more friends in the future.

Make sure to go to campus events, join clubs and actually attend, try out new things, ect. Universities tend to have a bunch of classes for sports and clubs tend to be pretty well funded; rock climbing, archery, swimming, horse riding, robotics, or maybe even gaming or tabletop gaming if you're into that shit.

Treat everyone you meet like a friend and they'll treat you the same way. Don't be autistic and make eye contact + smile at people when you walk past them.

If you want to get fucked up all the time and get easy lays, join a frat. Just make sure you don't join one full of losers... scout that shit out beforehand.

As for talking for girls, after you start talking with random people you'll just adjust and treat women the same way.

empty banter is the heart of all social interaction and talking to strangers all the fucking time helps you build it

This is actuall a good approach. Do it like you progress with weights, start out talking to ugly and chubby women who dont make you nervous at all, and gradually move up through eh to average to pretty to hot women.

Fast forward to present day
>it still happens
>great at talking to people, love to just shoot the shit
Idk what to tell you OP.just talk to people more. It helps if you are generally interested in knowing more about whoever you're talking to I guess, I make it a point not to talk about myself that much. Look at it like everyone has something to teach you and the only way to learn is usually by talking to them

Genuinely* not 'generally'

Theredpill

Imagine that she's a really dumb man

This

There's no easy fix. If you have no social skills and you're serious about this you're not gonna find your answers in a few sentences here op,

Just "going out and talking to people" sperging and doing random shit without any guidance over and over again hoping one day you suddenly become a confident social butterfly is a huge waste of time

You have to sit down and study this shit and learn from the people who made all the mistakes so you don't have to, and then you go out an practice every single day, it's a lot of work that's gonna consume a big part of your time, but in the end it pays off

the fucked up thing is the more i lift the less i started to give a shit about females...i keep checking dudes out as they work out their form and shit

Yes. I went from being a stuttering mess to being able to talk to anyone I want to.

There's one specific situation that I remember when I was younger. I was in Subway ordering a sandwich, and a woman who was there before me just commented on it. Something like "Oh, that's a pretty simple sandwich." I said something like "Y-yeah, tha-that's how I like it." while looking at the ground and almost ran out of there when I got my food.

I'm not gonna lie and say I'm drowning in pussy now. I'm short, bald and pretty ugly. Again though, it's just like exercise. I don't have a perfect body, but when I started exercising, I couldn't even hold my body weight on a bar. Now I can do 10 clean chin ups without breaking much of a sweat.

how short are you?

also how important have looks been? I'm 5'7.5" barefoot right on the dot at the end of the day, and I think my physical appearance has a lot of potential.

I'm 5'9".

Looks mattered less when I had hair, but then I got sick last year and it all fell out. Dr. says it may or may not come back, only time will tell. People who say that women don't care about it or that it doesn't matter are lying. Women like guys with hair. But what I noticed, especially in the first few months when it all fell out (this wasn't a MPB thing where I had years to cope and try minoxidil and shit, this was literally over a period of like 3 months) was that no one cared about it as much as I did. I don't even have bald-guy aesthetics because my fucking eyebrows fell out, too.

If you take care of yourself reasonably well, keep your shit clean and don't stink, you'll do fine.

Did you ever have the problem of caring what people think about you to an abnormal degree? Like mild social anxiety? And if so how did you fix it?

Yeah, I deal with pretty bad anxiety. Working out has helped. I recently started meditating, and I've been having good results with that. It's not perfect, there's no silver bullet and everyone is different.

I think one of the things that helps me is remembering those low points, like the Subway thing. I don't ever want to go back to that. I remember not just how bad I felt in that moment, but how bad I felt all of the time then. It was persistent. But that moment stands out and I still remember it even though it was over 10 years ago.

Even then, my brain still makes excuses. It'll try with all of it's might to talk me out of shit. I came to realize last year that there are two main reasons while I'll avoid doing something. The first is because I genuinely don't want to do that something. The second is because I'm afraid of doing it.

When my brain starts spinning up and trying to talk me out of something, I have to take a couple of seconds to figure if it's the first or the second. If it's the second, I'll typically force myself to do it by being completely realistic.

I tell myself that I'm going to die. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow, maybe in 10 years, whenever. It might be drawn out, it might happen without me even realizing it. However it goes down, it's going to happen sooner or later and any fear or pain or embarrassment I might feel in this moment isn't going to count for shit. So, I can do the thing that I'm scared to do and feel good even if it doesn't go the way I want it to, or I can go home feeling like a little bitch.

Typically after telling myself all of that, I've got the gumption to do whatever I was trying to talk myself out of.